Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Question Thinking about getting passes for Knotts. Is it worth it?

We are starting to get a little burned out on the Disneyland resort so my fiance and I were thinking of getting passes to Knotts as an alternative park to visit when we don't feel like dealing with the Disney crowds. Do any of you guys have passes? If so, is the price of the pass worth it? I know it can get pretty slow at Knotts sometimes but I have always enjoyed the old school charm of Ghost Town and all it's unique shops.

• Banned User

Re: Thinking about getting passes for Knotts. Is it worth it?

I love knotts. I think it would be an awsome idea. heck a change of scenery, different foods, different fun. yeah to me its worth it

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Lisa and I have them, they have a lot of choices.

http://www.knotts.com/park/guest/ticket.shtml

Since we both like visiting Soak City, and might go to Northern California for a few days, we are renewing to the California Maxx Pass, and while it is the most expensive, they offer a nice renewal discount (more than $20).

Then I get the Parking Add-On for an extra $40, which gives us free Parking at Knott's and the other Soak City parks in California. You pay for parking at the other parks.

I also get a Locker Pass for $25, this allows you the use of a standard locker at the Soak City parks on each visit. One nice benefit, no cash deposit, they just keep your AP until you return the key.

You also get discounts at the park, plus at the restaurants outside the park, including TGI Fridays and merchandise.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

Also, FYI, if you get a Maxx pass that allows you enterance to non California parks for the year, the most important being Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH, aka the park with the most coasters on the planet (and unlike Magic Mountain no gangs and the rides are actually open more oftern then closed.) So if you ever get the urge to go on a long vacation...

• Functional & Decorative

I love having it. It's a great break from Disney. Anyone can park in the Marketplace for up to 3 hours for free, no validation of any kind needed! For the local, that's generally plenty of time to get a Knott's fix.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

I totally love my pass and the best thing yet is that I got it for free..............Oh yeah, I keep forgetting I work there. Whenever you're in the park and it's a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday stop by either the Portrait stands in Ghost Town or Camp Snoopy or the Caricature Stands by Ghostrider or Calico (Across from the Mine Ride) and say Hi. You can get your Portrait or Caricature done by a fellow Micechatter, me.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Lisa and I have them, they have a lot of choices.

http://www.knotts.com/park/guest/ticket.shtml

Since we both like visiting Soak City, and might go to Northern California for a few days, we are renewing to the California Maxx Pass, and while it is the most expensive, they offer a nice renewal discount (more than $20).

Then I get the Parking Add-On for an extra $40, which gives us free Parking at Knott's and the other Soak City parks in California. You pay for parking at the other parks.

I also get a Locker Pass for $25, this allows you the use of a standard locker at the Soak City parks on each visit. One nice benefit, no cash deposit, they just keep your AP until you return the key.

You also get discounts at the park, plus at the restaurants outside the park, including TGI Fridays and merchandise.
    He also shows up and takes pictures of art done by a world renown artist. Me. (I can honestly say world renown because I have done portraits and/or caricatures for visiting families from Scotland, Korea, Canada, Mexico, and Australia. And to think my art is adorning their walls. Cool huh?)
    PirateMunkee

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    He also shows up and takes pictures of art done by a world renown artist. Me. (I can honestly say world renown because I have done portraits and/or caricatures for visiting families from Scotland, Korea, Canada, Mexico, and Australia. And to think my art is adorning their walls. Cool huh?)
    totally cool! do you have pics of your work? I would love to have my kids pics done ( carector pics to!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

discounts on Mrs Knotts fried chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy?!!?

how could you resist?!

Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    I totally love my pass and the best thing yet is that I got it for free..............Oh yeah, I keep forgetting I work there. Whenever you're in the park and it's a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday stop by either the Portrait stands in Ghost Town or Camp Snoopy or the Caricature Stands by Ghostrider or Calico (Across from the Mine Ride) and say Hi. You can get your Portrait or Caricature done by a fellow Micechatter, me.
    Hey, that's good news.Glad you get to enjoy your artwork more.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Here's one of TSI that I was goofing around with...

Here's a caricature of my buddy Ryan...

Brian from the TV Show Ghosthunters...

Jay and Grant from Ghosthunters...

Captain Jack...

PirateMunkee

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

^ Great Stuff!!!!

Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• A Pirate's life for me!

Only you can determine if AP's are worth it, but I highly recommend them.

But then again, I'm biased...

We have AP's for DL (since '89), LegoLand (Lifetime AP's since they opened) and USH (since '90). And we're in NorCal.

We had AP's for Knott's during the late 90's, but after 9-11, they started offering free passes for military, fire and police during the holidays, so we let ours expire to take advantage of that generous offer.

We also had a Six Flags AP for Marine World back when they offered them on sale for $39/year, which of course also included Gangbanger-Land, I mean Magic Mtn. We didn't find the urge to go back there much, so we didn't bother renewing that one.

AP's are the best value in the theme park business. Discounts, free parking, special events, free goodies, etc...

As long as you go (usually) at least twice a year, you're ahead of the game.

Enjoy!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

After reading the link that Darkbeer posted, Im seriously considering getting APs for the kids and I. Possibly the Maxx one since some of our extended family lives close to some of the other parks. That way when we visit we can go to those parks too!
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Knott's is also getting another new coaster for 2007.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast