Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Scribby
    Also, does anyone know if the boat ride is still going around the lake since they put in Silver Bullet?
    The ride is "Technically" still there, but it's not even 1/2 as long as it was prior to Silver Bullet opening.

jenlipp, I have no recollection of that attraction. Sorry.

• king lurker

I know the boat does one small circle and its done but what about the small train that went the same route, what kind of route does it do?

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Does anybody know what the Mexican Whip, Fiesta Wheel, Black Bart's Trail, or Propeller Spin were.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    Propeller Spin was a Round Up ride located roughly where the raised end of Perilous Plunge is now.

• Boozer, User, and Loser

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd
    Does ELVIRA Mistress of the Dark count?

I miss Elvira I only saw her once at Haunt. Wish she would come back.

Re: Knott's Berry Farm closed Attractions

What were The Haunted Shack and Knott's Beary Tales like? And how come The Haunted Shack was so scary compared to the other mazes during the Haunt?

• Gift Giver Extraordinare

Re: Closed Movie Theatre Attraction

Quote Originally Posted by jenlipp

One summer, I happened upon a ride near the front of the park. It was a white building, could have been a semi-circle if memory serves. Inside, people stood or sat on the floor on one side of a gate and they showed movies of roller coasters on a big screen which made you feel like you were riding all of the best coasters in the world. There was never a line to get in and I felt like I'd won the ride jackpot! I couldn't believe how real it felt and I used to want to just go into the nice, air conditioned building the whole time and ride a bunch of roller coasters every time I went.

I'm sure if the great old stuff was demolished, this one is long gone. I'd love it if someone could tell me it was real!!!
    I absolutely remember this, however, I was like 5 when I went on it and I have no idea where it was located in the park. It was long before Camp Snoopy was even built.

Also, the Mexican Whip was a tilt-a-whirl that later showed up as the Cool Whip.
    Walt's Magic Kingdom

AP since 1984

• Prefect

Blog Entries

wow! i have never felt very nostalgic about knott's, but i do miss a lot of those rides. whirlpool, greased lightning, soap-box racers, and knott's beary tales (mmmm...yummy!) especially.

when my dad remarried & moved to buena park, we had annual passes & they would just drop us off for the day. i do remember the names of some of these rides (fiesta wheel & propeller spin) but i can't exactly remember what they were. now i'm on a mission!!
    <o>

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i can't believe i forgot corkscrew & the parachutes!!! those were great!! i think corkscrew was actually the first rollercoaster i went on. i remember getting measured by their big measuring stick they carried around on the loading area.
    <o>

If you REALLY miss Knott's old Corkscrew, just head to Silverwood Theme Park, in Athol, Idaho - it's running nicely there, along with a couple of really fun wooden coasters.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    i can't believe i forgot corkscrew & the parachutes!!! those were great!! i think corkscrew was actually the first rollercoaster i went on. i remember getting measured by their big measuring stick they carried around on the loading area.
    I never went on corkscrew but I remember and loved the parachutes. Unfortunately, lots of people figured out how to attempt to make a quick buck (although none of them did) and try to sue Knott's over the Parachutes. I believe Knott's was able to throw out a lot of the suits because the people never got hurt on the ride anyway but they figured it would be best to remove it as the cost to go to court far exceeded maintenance of the ride.

Its really sad when parks have to remove a ride because people want to make a quick buck.

The parachutes were removed because they were allowed to rot beyond repair... according to Jack Falfas.

• In a Rocket Rods daze @_@

Just for some clarification, "Kingdom of the Dinosaurs" still exists at Knott's Berry Farm. Although I would love to see it go! Anyway, just to clarify. I live 5 minutes away from Knott's and when I went last time, they still had that lame attraction.
    Rocket Rods--Ride The Road To Tomorrow

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt
    The parachutes were removed because they were allowed to rot beyond repair... according to Jack Falfas.
    CoasterMatt, my ex-manager was the manager of ride maintenance at Knotts. They determined that the ride was not worth it anymore due to all the lawsuits that Jack Falfas didn't approve money to fix the parachutes. It came to the point where they couldn't fix it anymore that they said "oh, well I guess we'll just get rid of it" and so they did.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Actually Rocketrods90, KOTD did close a couple of months ago. It was shown on Screamscape and many other sites that they have already closed it down.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast