• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

How much time to 'do' Knotts?

We have decided to drive in early next Thursday so one day we can go to Knott's. We have AP's for D'land and are buying our kids 3 day parkhoppers. What day would you suggest for KBF Thursday 10-6 or Saturday 10-10.

Also as it has been over 6 years since we were last at Knott's so weant to know how long do most rides at the park?

Friday and Sunday are definitely Disney days as we have plans to meet people those days.

Thanks for any help/tips.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: How much time to 'do' Knotts?

The last few times I've been, I have been done with everything I wanted to do in 4 hours. We'd arrive by noon, and by 4 we'd be looking at each other going "now what?" And those were usually on a Saturday in September. So that's my experience.

• Circle of Ancients

I'd say go ahead and go on Thursday. You should be able to see everything in 4 to 5 hours.

Next Saturday it's supposed to rain and Knott's is notoriously bad for not opening rides (or at all) on rainy days.

• Neep meep beep

This is a great question - for almost a year now I've wanted to check out Knotts but didn't know how much time to allot. It looks like the reduced price after 5pm might be enough time on a weekend to see everything.

• Queen of Sarcasm

In off season and only hitting the major coasters about 1.5 hours.

• Banned User

About 4-5 hours at Knotts would do you.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Thank you all, after your input I think we will go Thursday and then be able to rest up for our busy weekend at D'land. Right now Knotts has a special of $25.00 per person for two people ($50) or coupons at Baskin Robbins for $24.50. We got our priceline room at the Knott's Hotel (49.00) so I thought it might be fun to actually go there.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Just make sure you have dinner at Mrs. Knotts. MMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

• Banned User

Be sure to explore Ghost Town. There is a lot of atmosphere there. Talk to the prisoner in the jail, the smithy, the jewlery maker, etc. There's also a little museum with Knott's history and other old west stuff.

One thing that Knott's does way better than Disneyland is specialized shops. Disneyland shops were pretty much streamlined years ago to carry the same crap. You'll still see specialized shops on Main St but I think Knott's does it better.

You're going on a weekday so enjoy the low price, off the shelf rides, and atmosphere with minimal waiting. Don't just hit the coasters. You could easily spend 6 hours and see everything. Just doesn't it isn't Disney doesn't mean it's bad.

• Princess Mouse Ears

Avoid Ghost Rider! It is very painful these days...
    So many mouse ears, so little time...

• aka the scorpion eater!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisylovesteacups View Post
    Avoid Ghost Rider! It is very painful these days...
    Hey Ghostrider was one of my favorite attractions on my last trip to Knotts... I like love the airtime and I just loved how perfect it is! It has a good theme too and fits well with the Ghost Town theme and is like a nonstop and wild mine train that just doesnt stop until you hit the station... but yes... it does bump you around quite a bit, but doesnt most wooden coasters!

On my last trip to Knotts I went 2 days after Thanksgiving... and OMG! Lots of people, but I was surprised that even though there were lots of people in the park, I was still able to get most rides done... the longest I waited for an attraction there was about 90 minutes for Ghostrider and Silver Bullet didnt have that long of a wait either... Xcelerator also had a long line, although that was my first and last ride on Xcelerator... that thing is wild... just a little too wild for me! Im all for thrills but a launch that fast, a vertical drop, and those overbanked turns were a little much for me! Overall I have noticed that even on a packed day I entered the park at the time they opened and then stayed until 5-6pm and went back to use my AP at Disneyland... I practically had done most of the park on a busy day, including Riptide twice, Boomerang, perilous Plunge, Silver Bullet Twice, Ghostrider Twice, Xcelerator, Supreme Scream, Log Ride, Mine Train, Jaguar, Montezoomas revenge, and most of the other flat rides... although I noticed a decline in the "old Knotts" that I grew up with as a kid... mostly the whole vibe there made it so much like a six flags clone... although they still have most of that "old Knotts" vibe in Ghost Town!

• Banned User

Make sure you bring a lot of quarters for all the Pepsi vending machines all over the park. Great themeing. NOT

Me