Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

SFMM - Wait, wait, wait

Victoria took her daughter and a friend to SFMM today. She just called. They've been standing in line waiting for "X" for about 3 hours now!

I'll report more later.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Circle of Ancients

That sounds about right for X. It's SO not worth it.

If you want to ride X you need to get to the park 1/2 an hour before opening and RUN!!! Even then, it's not worth it. I rode it last in March and my back still hurts.

• Never Look Back

I love X, but the line is always horridly long!! I didn't really feel that the ride was bumpy or uncomfortable, but rather smooth and exciting. Although I did go on it when it first opened, who knows what the ride is like now?? I know way too much about that ride and it's past problems, so it wouldn't suprise me it was bumpy a la Flashback now.

• Minion

X is hands down my favorite So. Cali coaster. It's worth the wait if you've never been on it before... If you have, well then it's debatable

• Lurker Extraordinaire!

X for me is the equivalent of waiting 3 hours to get the back of my head smashed in with a baseball bat. dont get me wrong , the drop is excellent and what not but geeeeez...im kinda short an so when my head bounces of the shoulder restraints and my ears are being smashed to death i find it hard to enjoy haha.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Victoria just returned from her trip to SFMM. Said the line for X was about 2 hours.. They were only running one train on X initially. Even though the crowds were small in the park, since the line was getting soooooo long, they decided to add a second train. That took another hour while everyone waited. Otherwise, she said there were practically no lines at any other attraction. The park looked clean, even the bathrooms each had an attendant. Food was good but expensive. $9 for a Panda Express rice bowl and small drink. (This location used to be Mexican food. They haven't changed the music yet, so while you wait for your Asian meal, you listen to Mariachi music!) At one place, they went to get a "chicken strip" meal. $8.90 for strips, drink and fries. They only wanted the strips. No drink or fries: $8.10. Water bottles were an apologetic $3.00 Funny moments: even though they had the microphone thru the window set-up, every CM leaned down and spoke through the money tray. Maybe the microphones weren't working.

All in all... a pleasant day. CMs were friendly and fun... though Vic feels they're still not quite Disney quality. Big drawback: no one monitors the queue. So, you're party of 6 could get split up on two different trains. Nobody asks, "How many?"
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."

• Never Look Back

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    Victoria just returned from her trip to SFMM. Said the line for X was about 2 hours.. They were only running one train on X initially. Even though the crowds were small in the park, since the line was getting soooooo long, they decided to add a second train. That took another hour while everyone waited. Otherwise, she said there were practically no lines at any other attraction. The park looked clean, even the bathrooms each had an attendant. Food was good but expensive. $9 for a Panda Express rice bowl and small drink. (This location used to be Mexican food. They haven't changed the music yet, so while you wait for your Asian meal, you listen to Mariachi music!) At one place, they went to get a "chicken strip" meal. $8.90 for strips, drink and fries. They only wanted the strips. No drink or fries: $8.10. Water bottles were an apologetic $3.00 Funny moments: even though they had the microphone thru the window set-up, every CM leaned down and spoke through the money tray. Maybe the microphones weren't working.

All in all... a pleasant day. CMs were friendly and fun... though Vic feels they're still not quite Disney quality. Big drawback: no one monitors the queue. So, you're party of 6 could get split up on two different trains. Nobody asks, "How many?"
    The random Panda Express in the Baja Ridge (Spanish-themed area) area was hilarious to me. I love Panda Express, but I think it should have been up somewhere by Samurai Summit or something?? One train operation is usually normal for "X", even if the line exceeds 4 hours! After the ride had opened, the trains came across excessive stress and problems arose. (too long to explain the whole story.....4 words, 20 feet wide trains!!!) Ever since then "X" usually runs one train operation, while the others undergo frequent maintenence checks for stress. I don't know if this has been mentioned before on the boards, but it was posted on other coaster news sites.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Sounds like a bunch of BMW onwers dissing a Focus.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

With the kind of extreme coasters SFMM runs, I don't want to hear about stress!

• Just this guy......

The long lines is one of the reason I never go to SFMM during the summer. It's just too crowed and you just don't go on enough rides to make it feel like I get my money's worth.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    The long lines is one of the reason I never go to SFMM during the summer. It's just too crowed and you just don't go on enough rides to make it feel like I get my money's worth.
    Same here. I like SFMM's roller coasters a lot, but three hours in an un-themed line in the heat is just not fun at all.

• Don't hate the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    X is hands down my favorite So. Cali coaster. It's worth the wait if you've never been on it before... If you have, well then it's debatable
    I was shaking after I got off, not from fear but from pure adrenaline! It waa amazing, Ive never felt that before.

• Don't hate the game...

"The long lines is one of the reason I never go to SFMM during the summer. It's just too crowed and you just don't go on enough rides to make it feel like I get my money's worth."
    agreed
    Last edited by luvsongthatnvrends; 06-04-2005 at 10:42 PM.

I stopped going to Magic Mountain about 5 years and now only go when it is a special night where the park is closed off to the general public. The night I do go there are only about 5-6 thousand people in the park and you are there from 7pm-1am. All rides but 'X' are walk on's.

• Minion

My friends and I (all us girls) used to always go on Super Bowl Sunday. No traffic to and from SFMM and NO lines on any of the rides. When we used to go, all the rides were usually running too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast