Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• C4C6C

SFMM new sponsors; new paint

This article was in the 03/03/07 L.A. Daily News: http://www.dailynews.com/santaclarita/ci_5344067

It mentions new sponsors such as ColdStone Creamery, Kodak, and Nintendo. The park is being re-painted and the parking lot (which I witnessed the other day) is being resurfaced and restriped.

Further, "Visitors will be given a Kodak photo card, which they can hand to photographers tagging along with the park's Warner Bros. characters. Visitors will access the photos over the Internet when they get home." Sound like Disney?

• Banned User

Re: SFMM new sponsors; new paint

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post

Further, "Visitors will be given a Kodak photo card, which they can hand to photographers tagging along with the park's Warner Bros. characters. Visitors will access the photos over the Internet when they get home." Sound like Disney?
    Those ******* copiers! I can't believe Kodak is Sponsoring Six Flags. They should stick with Disney more.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    Those ******* copiers! I can't believe Kodak is Sponsoring Six Flags. They should stick with Disney more.
    Everybody copies Disney. Why should Kodak stick with Disney?

I think it's great that Six Flags has been able to get his new energy going. Improvements such as paint can go a long way in changing how people see the parks.

• When Will It Return?

Not sure if anyone's noticed but Kodak hasn't been doing so well lately. I'd take this Magic Mountain sponsorship as a sign of that more than anything...

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

One nice thing about "MySixFlagsPhotos.com", is that the On-Ride photos can be added to your Photo Card. Just go up to the window, tell them the number of your photo, and they just scan your card and it gets added to rest of the photos.

We used it on the 19th, and it worked great, I have a scan of the card at the end of my photo album from the 19th (regular, not the aerial version).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Disney should insist that its strategic allies not form alliances with Disney's competitors.

The Disney name is cheapened by allowing such practices in the agreements the company makes with these other institutions.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    One nice thing about "MySixFlagsPhotos.com", is that the On-Ride photos can be added to your Photo Card. Just go up to the window, tell them the number of your photo, and they just scan your card and it gets added to rest of the photos.

We used it on the 19th, and it worked great, I have a scan of the card at the end of my photo album from the 19th (regular, not the aerial version).
    +1 for Magic Mountain.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    Disney should insist that its strategic allies not form alliances with Disney's competitors.

The Disney name is cheapened by allowing such practices in the agreements the company makes with these other institutions.
    If Disney decided to go that way they would probably get to say good-bye to them too. Kodak is a film company that people know independently of Disney. And Disney is also in cahoots with the "competition" of Six Flags. Last year saw the introduction of Disney merchandise at the Six Flags parks (not something I agree with).

• C4C6C

Also, Coke is served at Disney parks as well as SFMM. Should they dump Coke also?

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    If Disney decided to go that way they would probably get to say good-bye to them too. Kodak is a film company that people know independently of Disney. And Disney is also in cahoots with the "competition" of Six Flags. Last year saw the introduction of Disney merchandise at the Six Flags parks (not something I agree with).
    Not too long ago, one tenth of all the Kodak film in the United States was used at a Disney theme park. The power of Disneyland is incredible, and Disney's institutional patrons do realize this fact.

• Banned User

Also, Coke is served at Disney parks as well as SFMM. Should they dump Coke also?
    NOOOOOOOO! I love Coke!

Coca-Cola should, naturally, be free to make arrangements with other establishments to have its products distributed exclusively in these places, but the extent of those relationships should end there.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    That and since Disney has a stake in PhotoTLC... Kodak I think really isn't all that happy... Disney now partially owns Kodak's compititon...
    Check out my other blog:

• Banned User

a sponsor can do whatever.

all Busch Entertainment parks have Fugi Film (with their Adventure pass for photos, but no online site yet ) They also have pepsi, and a handfull of other companies, which they have and not really anyone else in the major companies.

its about money, if the sponsor will pay enough, and will they make enough back.

• Circle of Ancients

Not to defend Six Flags ... but ...

You have been able to view pictures taken at the park online for AT LEAST 2 years. Not with a photopass type card, but with the regular photo cards.

I know with Disney you can use the PhotoPass to get your onride photo on Test Track ... I don't understand why that's the only one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast