Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by cfparkmanager
    Magic Mountain is owned by Six Flags. To say that SFMM and Intamin do not have a good working relationship would be false.
    Thanks for the biggest belly laugh of my day.
    2006 will mark 10 years since Superman: The Escape was supposed to open. Those nine extra months that the ride didn't open cost the park a lot of money (and in Del's eyes, prestige). I'm just glad nobody like Del is in charge at DL (for the moment).

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    SFMM: Sucks compaired to even privite themeparks.....
    Well yeah, when you consider that parks like Knott's (well, used to be), Holiday World, Dollywood, Knoebels, etc are privately owned parks I would have to agree.

Magic Mountain is owned by Six Flags. To say that SFMM and Intamin do not have a good working relationship would be false.
    Actually, as much as I wish it were false, it's actually true, as was stated above. Again, think about it. Intamin has not built a ride at SFMM in 10 years. No Hyper Coasters (SFMM got one of those), no Rocket Coasters, no drop towers, nothing. Yet SFMM has added 2 B&M's (Scream, Riddlers) a Vekoma (Deja Vu) an Arrow (X) and a Gionvola (Goliath). No mention of Intamin anywhere.

Again, my guess is that SFMM will get another B&M, either a drop machine or a flyer since those are basically the only B&M's they don't have, other than a hyper.

Six Flags: Bankrupcy Pending?

Premier Parks, the parent company of SF is going broke... so is it any surprise that we stopped seeing those new rides every year? Basically, the Premier business strategy has been to buy as many regional parks as possible and fill them with either cookie cutter rides or poorly planned rides (i.e. Superman and Deja Vu). Then, by slashing season pass prices, they expect to reap the rewards of their labor.

Is it working? Well, they are out of cash and nearly out of credit. Case in point: in 2003, SF spent less money on ride development in its thirty parks worldwide than Disney spent on Mission Space alone (and yes, I know that comparing the two is not quite fair). Combine that with a forty percent drop in stock prices for 2004, and you have serious trouble. Sure, there may be speculation about new rides, but I would not expect anything grand.

So what is SF doing to boost their numbers after a 4 percent drop last year? Why lower their AP prices of course... We all know how well that worked for Disney.
    I didn't say a word.

• When Will It Return?

Has anyone else noticed the correlation between Premier Parks and the dancing old guy? Both are old, decrepit & totally in denial about their own health. He's a very good personifier of the parks if you think about it. Both look like they're about to croak, yet their just dancing around, happy as clams, not doing a thing about it or even caring really.

-- Peoplemover "From the people who brought you the worst named coasters ever, now bring you the worst named Annual Pass ever!" Matt

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• C4C6C

I wish Newhall Land (Lennar Corp) would but Magic Mountain back. They were the original owners I believe. They should close the park for about one year to clean it and remove most of the roller coasters. They should attempt to turn it back into a family theme park sort of how it was in the 70's and early 80's. Most of all, they should not allow any gangmembers or anyone who resembles one in the park. The area around Six Flags is not the same that it used to be before all the big rides started coming in and the cheap yearly pass was introduced. Peoplemovermatt, I believe you live in Valencia also and know what I am talking about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12