Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SFMM- Will there be a new ride this year?

Does anyone know if Magic Mountain will be getting a new ride this year. Last year killed me when they didn't do anything new.

• Minion

Nothing new this year, hopefully they'll spend the cash on much needed park improvements, place looks really run down and everything could use a new coat of paint. But rumors are already circulating to expect something VERY BIG in 2006!

I doubt they'll spend money on improvements. It seems they don't care much how their park looks. As for next year, it has to be something big since they've passed on anything new for two straight years. Thanks for the info
    How to control someone to be a carbon copy of you. How to have that not work and have them run away from you.

• Disney fans for life!

Just keeping their restrooms clean and well stocked with "paper products" would be a major improvement.

• C4C6C

The big event is they will finally ask their paint sponsor for paint to paint the park.

• Rock Star Minion

Nothing on the web site, and there would be something by now.

[sarcasm] Big news: Stupid old dancing guy will get a stupid old dancing partner.[/sarcasm]

Six Flaggs Is Crap

I went to Six Flaggs last year on Halloween and I must say that the park looks horrible. The paint is peeling all over the place, people leaving trash, gum all over. This park really got ghetto and the people that work there don't give a crap about anybody...I really hope that they fix this cuz i use to love this park so much and now it's crap..Try riding the shuttle tram, it's a disgrace..Anybody feeling me on this? Why does six flaggs keep that stupid annual pass so cheap?

• Rides against injustice

As a former Six Flags Guest Relations CM, I can tell you that not all employees are indifferent to guest needs. But they do have a LONG way to go in that department. As far as upkeep goes, as I undestand it once Warner Bros sold off the Six Flags parks, upkeep no longer was a concern to the new managment. They only paint areas that get new attractions and then just let it fade away.

As a former Six Flags Guest Relations CM, I can tell you that not all employees are indifferent to guest needs. But they do have a LONG way to go in that department. As far as upkeep goes, as I undestand it once Warner Bros sold off the Six Flags parks, upkeep no longer was a concern to the new managment. They only paint areas that get new attractions and then just let it fade away.
    - Edited by Dustysage to add quote marks

Thanks for the info buddy..I just wished that the park would be kept up more..
    Last edited by Dustysage; 02-09-2005 at 03:45 PM.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by TStar05
    Does anyone know if Magic Mountain will be getting a new ride this year. Last year killed me when they didn't do anything new.
    No new ride this year. The last new attraction was Scream (2003).

The park may receive a rocket coaster replacing Superman The Escape, but using the vertical support structure for 2006. Not only would Superman be removed, but it appears that an original coaster may have to be removed to make room for this ride. Basically, a clone of the one going in at the New Jersey park. It will make headlines for the park which is what they want.

• Circle of Ancients

^ I have heard that rumor, if it's true it's too bad. They spent SO much money on Superman, and I do like the ride. I like the idea of a Rocket coaster, but I don't want another clone. It would be nice if it were an original design.

The other thing to remember is that Intamin built Superman. Intamin is also the designer of all of the rocket coasters. SFMM and Intamin do not have a good working relationship.

It also would be a shame if they had to remove 2 rides just to put in 1. The only choices for removal from that area might be Gold Rusher, Ninja or maybe Revolution.

Revolution used to be great. It stinks now, but it's an ACE coaster classic. It would probably stay.

Gold Rusher was the original park coaster, it would probably stay.

That leaves Ninja. Now, as the only BIG coaster in the park with less than a 48" height requirement (It's now at 42") I would hope it would stay since outside of BBW there isn't much for kids to do in the park besides Ninja, Freefall and some of the flat rides.

If I had my choice it would be to remove Psyclone and build an original Flyer or an Intamin Hyper coaster. Sure, that would be 2 hyper coasters in the same park, but who cares.

Rumors abound as to what MM will get next, but the most consistent one is that the park will get a flyer in 2006 and that it will be built on, around and through the mountain. There is work being done in the area and on superman the ride. Whether this work is for a flyer or a rocket coaster and what will become of Superman is pure speculation but word has it that an announcement will be made sometime in the near future.
    Until then it's all just rumors.
    MM definately needs to clean up and rework their thinking on how to run a park. I think they are starting to get the idea that while having great rides but the park looks like the local landfill isn't going to satisify customers. They also need to get out the paint brush, makes a workd of difference. And they need to get rid of the old parking space lines underneath some on the new rides. Just shows you how concerned they are with upkeep and detail.
    As far as the employees go (for most, not all because there are always a few good ones) they need to lose there attitudes and pull up there pants. Most of the one's I've seen there dress like absolute slobs. You want to dress like that outside of work, fine. But not when your getting paid and you're interacting with the public. A very very poor way to represent yourself and the park IMO.
    Sorry, kinda wandered off the subject a bit; yeah, flyer 2006 that's what I hear.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Not only parking lot lines, but bleach stains.

Why bleach stains you ask? Well, remember when the SFMM employee got killed by a Scream train that was testing? Well ... while on the ride, in the helix you can see a big bleach stain. Well ... that's where she got hit and that is basically covering up the blood stains. Yeah. VERY tacky if you ask me.

I have heard the flyer rumor as well, I just don't know where it would go without removing a ride.

Their have been some paint marks throughout the park lately, but they have been for tree removal. Nothing else.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    ^ I have heard that rumor, if it's true it's too bad. They spent SO much money on Superman, and I do like the ride. I like the idea of a Rocket coaster, but I don't want another clone. It would be nice if it were an original design.

The other thing to remember is that Intamin built Superman. Intamin is also the designer of all of the rocket coasters. SFMM and Intamin do not have a good working relationship.
    Magic Mountain is owned by Six Flags. To say that SFMM and Intamin do not have a good working relationship would be false.

The local parks do not call the shots in terms of capital expenditures. They may have input, or offer suggestions, but they are not developing the relationships with the ride vendors. The ride vendors work directly with SF corporate.

One final point I forgot. Why would SF invest a good majority of their capital expenditures in a ride from Intamin if they did not have a good working relationship.

Finally, another rumor I heard was that SF has commited to build three rocket coasters from Intamin. Care to guess the two parks that will get the ride besides Great Adventure?

• Banned User

SFMM Needs new management.... and bigger yearly budget.... Many trip reports i read about the park show that half the coasters are shut down daily... Why?? Money!!!

They have money to blow on a new ride, but not run or maintaign their existing rides...

park chains like Anheuser busch pave their parking lots, and if they take some away.. remove the lot.... SFMM builds over and keeps the lines.... without repalcing the removed spots....

anheuser busch paints when it starts to get somewhat bad.... SF will paint when a new ride is built in that area....

Verdict: Anheuser busch builds a new attraction at it's main Busch parks about every 3 years, and SW when they can get them.... They maintaign the parks better, and have money budgeted to maintaign and run 99% of the attractions daily....

SFMM: Sucks compaired to even privite themeparks.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast