Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Do You Go to Any Other Amusement Parks?

I visit Knotts once a year for Halloween Haunt.

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    I don't either! DL is my main squeeze!
    Yes, the reason I started this thread was to gauge how many MiceChat users insist on Disneyland and other Disney attractions.

Disneyland has a remarkable amount of brand insistence among the public. But, I have a feeling that there are many people in these forums that are just interested in amusement parks in general.

• Progressive Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by gardener14 View Post
    Hersheypark is my favorite annual trip that I look forward to throughout the year. I only wish I could visit Disneyland and DCA more often like some of you guys, but it's 3000 miles away from here. Hersheypark is a great driving vacation for me.
    I know your pain! Hershey is the closest quality park near to me as well. Someday, hopefully, DL will be the park closest to me.

So I've been to Hershey Park, Six Flags Great Adventure, Busch Gardens Tampa, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Knott's Berry Farm, Santa Cruz Boardwalk, New Jersey Boardwalk Amusement Parks (the REAL boardwalk), Sea World Orlando, Sea World San Diego, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Orlando, and Universal's Islands of Adventure.

I'll try to hit some of the ones near the Disney resorts while I'm staying there and the local ones I try to hit every year or two.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    Yes, the reason I started this thread was to gauge how many MiceChat users insist on Disneyland and other Disney attractions.

Disneyland has a remarkable amount of brand insistence among the public. But, I have a feeling that there are many people in these forums that are just interested in amusement parks in general.
    Not me.
    I don't go to any but DL/DCA.
    I've been to others but I don't really have a desire to go to any non-Disney ones.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

This thread really isn't about non-Disney parks.

It's about how loyal MiceChat users are to Disneyland and to other Disney theme parks.

I fall into the camp of people who consider cheap-thrill parks to be as interesting as monster-truck rallies and professional wrestling.

• Fastest Man Alive

SeaWorld and Universal. Not very often though. The aren't the same quality, there is not as much to do, and extreme heavy reliance on shows impacts the replay value.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Or maybe we have an appreciation for two similar, but also very different experiences. It has nothing to do with loyalty. I go to Six Flags with an entirely differently set of desires and expectations than when I enter a Disney park. Roller coasters and thrill rides are very different amusement from the total immersion experience that Disney [claims to] offers.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Busch Gardens Tampa, Universal Orlando (Studios & IOA), Cedar Point, Michigan's Adventure...

I'll go to any park...at last count I'd been to somewhere around 80-90 parks. Favorite non-Disney parks include Cedar Point, Holiday World, Knoebels, Kennywood, and many others.

• This space for rent

I pratically live at Sea World, I go all the time. I used to go to Universal but I don't care for them anymore. I currently don't have a Disney pass because I have other things I want to buy that are more important to me(but I'll be getting one again eventually before Summer.) I plan on doing Busch Gardens a few times this year, once I get some things on my bike sorted out, and I probably will get a pass to Cypress Gardens to go to 1-2 times a month (maybe more if there's a concert I'd like to see.)

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

We went to Sea World in November - when the baby was 2 1/2 weeks old. It wasn't all that fun.....but we got a 'two time' ticket, so we'll go again probably in July of this year.

We don't really frequent any amusement parks/theme parks other than Disneyland Resort - aside of all of the issues and problems we all discuss here, it has a quality that has never been surpassed by any other entity.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

I'd like to see how many other MiceChatters have been to Tivoli Gardens (THE park that truly inspired Disneyland) - That park STILL makes DL look like an unkempt carnival

• Banned User

I fall into the camp of people who consider cheap-thrill parks to be as interesting as monster-truck rallies and professional wrestling.
    Well, you are the pragmatic idealist after all! If there were such a thing as Disneyland nerd awards you'd win the "most pretentious" award.

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt View Post
    I'd like to see how many other MiceChatters have been to Tivoli Gardens (THE park that truly inspired Disneyland) - That park STILL makes DL look like an unkempt carnival
    I've been about a dozen times. I love Tivoli, especially at night. But I wouldn't say it makes Disneyland look like an unkempt carnival! While there's much that's nice about Tivoli...it has lots of design and maintenance issues and it's more a "jumble" of things than any sort of cohesive theme. Tivoli is much more "carnival" than Disneyland in the ride department. But Tivioli has some super nice garden areas. IMHO.

These days with all the corkscrew coasters and such...it's beginning to look more and more like a fancy Six Flags park, IMHO.

But you can certainly see where Walt borrowed a lot of ideas...especially in the "garden park" concepts. Tivoli still has a lot of old world charm to it, much like Disneyland still has a lot of charm. Very romantic at night just to stroll around.

IMHO.

• no flash photography...

sea world...twice last year, but it had been 10 years since ny trip before those two.

six flags...it's been a few years.

universal...it's been a few years.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast