Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Do You Go to Any Other Amusement Parks?

I don't, myself. But, if you do, which ones do you visit, and how often do you frequent such places?

• It's all nonsense

Re: Do You Go to Any Other Amusement Parks?

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    I don't, myself. But, if you do, which ones do you visit, and how often do you frequent such places?

• Minion

Cedar Point, and I usually get a season pass so I visit about 20+ times per season. It's my second love next to Disneyland.
    Last edited by Modern Folly; 03-16-2007 at 04:25 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

In a typical year we will visit a great number of "Other" theme parks.

I think the most amount of non-disney parks we visited in a year was 2 years ago.

In addition to Disneyland/DCA we visited:

Sea World San Diego, Legoland, Knott's, Magic Mountain, Universal Studios Hollywood, Bonfante Gardens, Santa Cruz Boardwalk, Great America, Six Flags Marine World, Six Flags Over Georgia, HersheyPark, Knoebels, Dorney Park, Six Flags Great Adventure.

Last year was kind of a slow year for us "Non-Disney" as the only other parks we visited outside of Disney were Magic Mountain, Knott's and Universal Orlando.

Now this year, since we have fallen in love with WDW, and are making 3 trips out there we won't really be doing any non-Disney parks, but there is always the possibility of Universal or something I guess. Next year we may go back to hitting more non-Disney stuff though.

We aren't even getting Magic Mountain passes this year. This is a first for me since about 1988.

• Queen of Sarcasm

I go to Universal a lot as well as Sea World and Knotts. I have an AP at all three but don't have one for Disney and I haven't been to Disneyland since December. I worked there so I am burnt out on the place right now.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

We have gone to Magic Mountain and Universal Studios in the past year, surprisingly I haven't even been to Knotts in years. Sea World is in the plans at some point as well. We don't visit the others regularly, since we don't live all that close to them and we love Disneyland. But it's always fun to go out to other parks.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• California Golden Bear

The only non-Disney amusement park I visit is DCA. And the county fair back home, which has many of the same rides.

But seriously, I like DCA.
    "Once a man has tasted freedom he will never be content to be a slave. That is why I believe that this frightfulness we see everywhere today is only temporary. Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life. All men will want to be free and share our way of life... I thank God and America for the right to live and raise my family under the flag of tolerance, democracy and freedom."
    -Walt Disney, March 1, 1941

“Whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer. To me, today, at age sixty-one, all prayer, by the humble or highly placed, has one thing in common: supplication for strength and inspiration to carry on the best human impulses which should bind us together for a better world. Without such inspiration, we would rapidly deteriorate and finally perish. But in our troubled time, the right of men to think and worship as their conscience dictates is being sorely pressed. We can retain these privileges only by being constantly on guard and fighting off any encroachment on these precepts. To retreat from any of the principles handed down by our forefathers, who shed their blood for the ideals we still embrace, would be a complete victory for those who would destroy liberty and justice for the individual.”
    Walt Disney, Deeds Rather Than Words

• Banned User

I like Knott's and those little family fun centers where they have miniature golf and go-karts.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Since I currently reside in Georgia I make several trips a year to Six Flags Over Georgia.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 1313HarborBlvd View Post
    The only non-Disney amusement park I visit is DCA. And the county fair back home, which has many of the same rides.

But seriously, I like DCA.
    Good one!

The main reason I would go to amusement parks (scopin' chicks) ceased to exist once I got married. I've been thrilled enough. Zoos and museums are my pace now. Kids learn something, and sometimes so do I.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Say no to Assimilation

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Since I currently reside in Georgia I make several trips a year to Six Flags Over Georgia.
    What do you think of it? After growing up near Six Flags Magic Mountain, I thought the rides at Six Flags over Geogia were sub par. I rode the Georgia Scorcher and it was pretty lame compared to Riddler's revenge.

Glad to be out of that state!
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

Hersheypark is my favorite annual trip that I look forward to throughout the year. I only wish I could visit Disneyland and DCA more often like some of you guys, but it's 3000 miles away from here. Hersheypark is a great driving vacation for me.

I visit amusement parks all over the world wherever I find them. Way too many to list here.

My favorite is each year at the beginning of "the season" when a group of former and current Imagineers and others (such as me!) all visit Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio for about 3 nights. We've been doing this every year for decades. We just have a total blast. No pressure. No talking shop (that comes later when we're back home). Just acting like your typical giddy tourists riding the rides and enjoying the history and fun of the place. I'm getting to the age and condition that I can't ride all the newer mega G force ones that I'd like to (and I'm not the only one!)...but it's still great fun! Something I look forward to very much every year.

• I'm Flying High

I've been to Universal Studios one time and Sea World one time, but other than that there isn't anywhere I've been or would rather go. I'm skipping my Six Flags trip with friends because I don't really like anything other than Disneyland.
    The daydream princess

• Banned User

I don't either! DL is my main squeeze!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast