Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Bay Area Renaissance Festival/ Busch Gardens 03/17-03/18, 2007

Just wanted to share some photos of our day at the local Renaissance Festival.

You can view all the photos I took over the weekend HERE.

We headed over to the Bay Area Ren Fest on Saturday, we had not been since they moved it behind MOSI and it was a lot of fun!

The first stop we made was at the hair braiding station, I always love getting my hair done and this time C went with the princess braid..

We then walked over and caught the last few minutes of the Human Chess Match, it's really interesting how they have live fights. It's rather comical really, but all in good fun.

It was about time for the Mud Show, something that I have never missed everytime we go. These guys just crack me up, helps that they do Shakespeare and fall in the mud a lot. This time around they did Macbeth!

I loved the cheap props, this guy was supposed to be a three headed witch and he had two balloons with faces drawn on them. Was so tacky funny, you couldn't help but laugh!

You know I hear a mud bath can be quite soothing. This guy was playing dead for about 10 minutes. I don't remember the names, but I know the story. He was the guy who comes back from the dead.

He was the wife, had a cute dress too before they threw him in the mud.

This guy standing was Macbeth, the guy falling was the dead guy.

They did a really great job, although they did fall on their but at the end. It certainly didn't look planned.

I always called my daughter my little monkey and she totally proved it by climbing all the way to the top of one of those rock climbing contraptions. LOL

Camel Ride!

There was this funny guy at the Tomato Toss, he would insult people while they were throwing. We were all laughing, my honey took a shot at it and he told him, "I love it when fat guys wear leather jackets, it's like it never came off the cow."

They had all these great characters just walking around the festival interacting with everyone. We even met a one legged pirate! Although he was a little bit tipsy.

C pulled the sword out of the stone and got to be Queen for the Day, for a dollar. And boy did she let that go to her head! Had to stop that really quickly.

Tried our luck at the Strength Test, all three of us tried. C on the small, me in the middle and Phil on the big one. C was the only one who hit the bell. So much for that!

If you ever get to attend the Renaissance Festival in Tampa, I HIGHLY recommend seeing the Washer Woman, completely HILARIOUS!

These ladies were nuts and if you didn't scream or clap loud enough, they would wet their wash and throw water on the audience. We were in the front row and got mighty soaked.

This woman was crazy! She kept trying to molest every good looking guy she could get her hands on.

We ended the day when C went on this fun looking ride and screamed her head off. It was called the Wild Boar, I felt sorry for the guy who had to spin and push them though.

Day 2 incoming shortly.

• I am a Pluto lover

Re: Bay Area Renaissance Festival/ Busch Gardens 03/17-03/18, 2007

What fun! I havent been to the Ren Fair in so long.. maybe Ill go back this year.

Thanks for the pics!
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Great report and pictures, Summer. I love those faires and I didn't know there was one in Tampa. We may have to plan our next WDW trip the same time that is going on. We had a Ren faire here in Pittsburgh but they went out of business. How sad is that? I have been to the one near Chicago, since I use to live there, and that one was huge! Yours looks like fun, too. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

My creepy ex works at this every year. I avoid it at all costs so I don't run into the stalker.

• Happy Memories

I went to the Ren Fest a couple weeks ago. Had a blast with my sister and her friends (my ex was never into it, so it wasn't as fun with her). The Mud guys were much dirtier when we saw them, but totally hilarious.

• Senior Minion

Ha ha ... I recall those washer women at the Ren Faire here in California. They were hilarous ... and actually tried to watch my friends clothes ... LOL!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Day 2

We arrived at Busch Gardens on Sunday, see C's birthday is this Saturday but last weekend we bought one of her presents (a bunk bed), so while my honey was working hard putting it together, I was keeping C busy with a trip to Busch Gardens.

We arrive!

The animals were all in rare form today, the lions were playing, the hippo had a case of OCD and gorillas were being silly. LOVED IT!

Gorillla!

There wasn't very many people there first thing in the morning, the theme doesn't compare to Animal Kingdom but BG does hold their own.

See the little baby in momma's arms? Sooooo cute! She was cleaning him.

The Clydesdales were out walking, such massive and beautiful creatures.

Skyride time! Bring it back MK!

Here we go!

I gotta tell you when you think about what "little" is actually holding you, well I personally start wondering if I should diet more.

I did get some great shots of the park though.

This elephant looks like he's talking to the other. "Excuse me sir, have you seen my hay? I think I left it around here somewhere."

The Birds! They are attacking!!!

Time to play with the kitties in Africa. I must say the glass enclosure is great here. They have safari vehicles built right into the plate glass so the kids can climb in and look at the animals, very inventive.

I love the color in this photo, I don't know why..

Mom and dad were sleeping while the kids were playing. I think its funny how you notice mom is kinda sleeping with her eyes like slits and dad is passed out on the grass. I guess in the lion world the moms are always on their paws.

Grub Time!

This hippo was totally acting OCD, she would walk the same path over and over again. Walk in the water, get out of the water, walk on the shore, get back in the water, swim around, rinse, repeat. LOL

Walk around..

And back in...

Swim in the water..

One enclosure over there were some lemurs chowing down on some lettuce.

But this Lemur was my favorite, just hanging out..cooling off next to the water and watching things crawling in the grass. LOL

Then it was back on the skyride again as it was time for lunch. They have a great barbeque place towards the back of the park so off we went!

Construction? Does anyone know what this will be?

We grabbed some lunch and sat down to eat, this was our view, we were so close to Shiekra.

Then we headed to Timbuktu to play some carnival games.

So I plunk down $10 bucks for this HUGE bucket of rings. It's the ring toss where you have to get it on the bottle to win a prize.

So C and I are throwing and I GOT ONE! We ended up winning this HUGE tiger that I had to carry from the back of the park to the front and we had so many people pointing and staring that C even mentioned it.

It's so large that I had two paws over my shoulders and C still had to hold up the tail to keep it from dragging. I'm not that short! It was a life size tiger.

Since we couldn't do anything else at that point, Phil called to tell me the bed was ready and we headed home. Here is the bed and the huge tiger that C can't sleep without now. LOL

The End!

• up to no good

Wow Summer those are cool pictures ...

The lady with her blackened tooth looks eerie
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair) View Post
    Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

• Banned User

WOW !!!! This was the best trip report!! I loved seeing Bush gardens!! I did not know there were rides, man you got so much to do where you live!! I need to go there Thank you, for a wonderful trip report!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    I did not know there were rides, man you got so much to do where you live!! I need to go there Thank you, for a wonderful trip report!!!
    you can also get free beer samples at the park

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Construction? Does anyone know what this will be?

nope.. why do you ask

Nice trip report summer !

I can't wait to ride Sheikra Floorless in June . I already heard about a new Rollercoaster to come in a few years like Appolo's Chariot at BGE.
    HKDL : Done !!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    Nice trip report summer !

I can't wait to ride Sheikra Floorless in June . I already heard about a new Rollercoaster to come in a few years like Appolo's Chariot at BGE.
    It will be great to see you again June is just around the corner isn't it? Wow, it sure is creeping up fast!

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    you can also get free beer samples at the park
    What is it with you and alcohol, Fig?
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Nice photos of Busch Gardens Summer. We have only been there once, and while the theming was not all that great and it was a bit messy, the roller coasters were fantastic. That tiger you won looks like a nice product, not like the usual cheap prizes you tend to find at these games. Your daughter must be very happy. You da man!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    What is it with you and alcohol, Fig?
    I was born 10/16/86....

thats why

besides, this was a local park for me for years... too bad i never got to do the brewery tour before it closed 96/97. Gwazi now sits over part of the Team member parking lot and all of the brewery...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast