• Vehicle rotating backward

Question Ellen is promoting Uni Orlando - Huh?

I doubt many people here watch Ellen Degeneres' daytime talk show, but Ms. Universe of Energy is promoting Islands of Adventure hard during today's show, and saying the show will actually be hosted at Uni Orlando next week. Everybody can go meet Dory at Universal instead of Disney, I suppose.

Anybody know what the status is with Disney and Ellen? This seems odd coming after that long partnership and the Subs marketing due to start up at DL.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: Ellen is promoting Uni Orlando - Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    I doubt many people here watch Ellen Degeneres' daytime talk show, but Ms. Universe of Energy is promoting Islands of Adventure hard during today's show, and saying the show will actually be hosted at Uni Orlando next week.

Anybody know what the status is with Disney and Ellen? This seems odd coming after that long partnership.
    Well, Ellen is on NBC here in LA and NBC owns Universal so I'm just putting 2 + 2 together.

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Well, Ellen is on NBC here in LA and NBC owns Universal so I'm just putting 2 + 2 together.
    Ellen's show is syndicated. She's actually on the ABC affiliate in Vegas, which is partly why all this made my ears perk up. It's also produced by Warner Bros Television, so no Universal collusion there.

Ellen's show is syndicated. She's actually on the ABC affiliate in Vegas, which is partly why all this made my ears perk up. It's also produced by Warner Bros Television, so no Universal collusion there.
    Ah, that makes sense then.

Holy moly, she's not only talking up the place and showing videos of her friends on Doctor Doom, she's also doing a pop quiz between two contestants with the winner getting a free trip to Uni.

Holy moly, she's not only talking up the place and showing videos of her friends on Doctor Doom, she's also doing a pop quiz between two contestants with the winner getting a free trip to Uni.
    Well, she did go to that theme park already last year so I guess it's a given she'll be going every year just like Regis & Kelly do with WDW and sometimes DLR.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Heck, Whoopi is the host of Golden Dreams at DCA, and the USH Tram Tour...

Nothing new, I presume Ellen is getting something from Universal for the promotion....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Man O Lantern

Does Ellen have a "long partnership" with Disney?

• ...TWO BITS!

Darkberr, I was just about to mention that. Ya beat me

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

February 26, 2007

“THE ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW” HEADS BACK TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT FOR MORE FUN!

The Show Will Tape Episodes on March 30th and March 31st. Episodes Set to Air on Monday, April 2, Tuesday, April 3 and Wednesday, April 4.

(February 26, 2007 - BURBANK, CA) - Fresh off her Oscar hosting duties, Ellen DeGeneres is ready for some fun in the sun. “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” announced today that the show is heading back to exciting Universal Orlando Resort at the end of March. Episodes are set to air Monday, April 2, Tuesday, April 3 and Wednesday, April 4.

Talk show host Ellen DeGeneres announced the trip to Orlando today, she said, “I had so much fun in Orlando.. it was so great. I rode “The Hulk”, …I had so much fun that I’m going back to Universal Orlando Resort. It’s a cool place because it has three hotels and I like to stay in a different place every night and it’s got two theme parks with tons of rides.”
    Ellen also invited viewers to come along for the ride. Viewers can log on to the show’s website, www.ellentv.com for more information on how to get tickets to the shows.

"We are thrilled that "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" is coming back to Universal Orlando," said Gretchen Hofmann, executive vice president, marketing and sales, Universal Orlando Resort. "Our guests loved interacting with her and seeing her have fun throughout our destination. Ellen's exuberant and distinct sense of humor is a perfect fit with Universal Orlando's brand of extraordinary entertainment."

The tapings of “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” will take place on the Lagoon Stage, located at Universal CityWalk in the heart of Universal Orlando Resort. The Lagoon Stage is an outdoor, waterfront amphitheatre, seating 1000 people and overlooking the entrances to the Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure theme parks as well as the stunning 30-acre CityWalk dining, shopping and entertainment complex.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

I have emailed Ellen about riding her ride at Disney World. She has never rode it.

Blog Entries

Her show is owned by NBC which owns Universal so they have her do her show there. It's actually one of her more popular shows of the year. I loved watching her there last year and I hope to video it this year since I won't be able to see it. It was mucho fun. We're all hoping that they'll use her show to announce the replacement of BTTF since she'll be taping on its final day.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Anybody know what the status is with Disney and Ellen? This seems odd coming after that long partnership and the Subs marketing due to start up at DL.

Do I KNOW you?

A sea- stole my money!