Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• ...TWO BITS!

TWISTER in USH tram tour?

Was kinda thinking what could be good for USH's replacement for Collapsing Bridge. Somehow the thought of USF attractions being used for the USH tour (Earthquake, JAWS, and King Kong). Then the Flash Flood and Earthquake crossed my mind as natural disasters...

SO, what about putting USF's TWISTER into the King Kong show building. Demonstrating the concept of an outdoor set built indoors with a disaster. Then putting a new King Kong segment where Collapsing Bridge is, demonstrating the Greens Department. From there the tour goes into the Transportation Department. And a clash of both worlds with the Jurassic Park segment.

Then again I think technically the Fast and Furious segment was supposed to be the replacement for the Bridge. But, the more the better .

From that bare bones thought, what do you think?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

Re: TWISTER in USH tram tour?

And a clash of both worlds with the Jurassic Park segment.
    what do you mean?
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Transportation and Greens Department. Mixed that and you get the Jurassic Park segment. The JP vehicles in their jungle environment.

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

ok i understand!..
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Cool

TWISTER: The opening would be the same. A disaster area caused by... THE TWISTER! The helicopter crashes into a blaze from the approaching strong weather consitions of... THE TWISTER! Tram turns the corner and is blocked by debris. Where King Kong is would be the new TWISTER scene. But the tram is on ground level, not on a bridge. Instead of tilting and sliding, the tram slides back and forth from the TWISTER's power.

KING KONG: Enter Skull island. 1st part is encountering those nasty creepy crawling bugs along the rocky cliffs. The tram turns a corner and tries to get out by driving over a log. But King Kong appears and threatens to tip the log over, with the tramload of people with it. Just tipping and twilting, perhaps without the sliding to the sides. I wonder if this could be an indoor/outdoor scene. Like the show scenes would be designed outdoors, but with a large open-air roof on top... I hope that made sense.

-Jurassic Park

Blog Entries

Have you seen the twister attraction in Orlando? For the most part it's very lame.

Awww! I was gonnna say that, kcnole, but you beat me to it.

I vote thumbs down. Seeing a fake cow suspended by 85 cables (not wires mind you, but cables) is not that enjoyable to me. And I hate new King Kong because it killed the 10 Commandments segment of the ride. BOO!! DOn't give that monstrosity anymore rule of the tour!

• Rawr...

Technically, I think the Fast and the Furious is some sort of disaster as well. maybe not natural, but more like dancing robot arms taking over the world.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• ...TWO BITS!

I didn't mean for a complete carbon copy of TWISTER. Of course minus the flying cow and "Dorthy" reference. FYI, I did experience this live. At first I thought it was totally random to see a flying cow, haha. This attraction has potential, but falls short. Which is why I suggest to put it in for the tram tour and not a stand alone attraction.

I thought about the King Kong bigature and parting of the Red Sea. They could add a few of those rock faces that emerged in the film on the other side of the roadway. Then a low tide occurs (like in the film) that makes a roadway to get across. Got to hurry though, high tide would be coming soon. Also add more rockwork to the rockwall to make it look more complete.

Although the Red Sea storyline would be gone, the attraction would still be there. Of course I haven't been to USH since last summer, so this may have already been implented to the bigature.

And the new King Kong segment would still be pretty timeless and a good way to "keep" King Kong around.

I'll post more details later.

-Jurassic Park

• Crazy Furry

Hmmm...out of sheer irony I'm one that finds Twister underrated, go figure.

Anyway, while putting Twister in the tram tour may seem like a good idea...I feel it just won't have the same effect from standing then sitting down. The finale just would not have the same shocking impact being seated IMO.

That and Twister does build suspense with the preshows in which the tram would not really be able to do very quickly.

Now if they did put it in, I'd say get rid of the FATF part since I find that to be a disaster. A whole lot of hype for just a tame "Near miss" hit and really stupid car dancing.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

For anyone who hasn't seen this attraction, let me give you an idea of what it's like.

Purchase the Twister DVD.
    Play various interview selections from the Bonus Features.
    Put a fan on high near you.

Ta Da! There's the preshow. The main thing is a little more interesting, but certainly not by much. I'd rather ride Jaws 3 or 4 more times than go see the Twister thing once more.

but in another thread it was mentioned that backdraft might be turned into a tram section
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• ...TWO BITS!

^ and...?

EDIT: Nevermind. I get what you're saying. If the poster who wanted the "shocking" ending kept, well, for the tram, that's easy. Just have the trams on another motion simulator and drop.

But with Backdraft, you SEE why you drop. Cause there's this barrel cage coming right at you and causes a chain reaction in the audience and the drops above them. With TWISTER, I thought it was just totally random that out of nowhere for some reason we dropped, roof "caved in", and we get a strong stream of water sprayed on our backs.

Personally, it's a nice cost-saving thought to add Backdraft to the tour. But I'd rather see the Backdraft soundstage used for something else to bring up the ride count in the lower lot. Besides, there's that huge haunted soundstage west of Backdraft. And north Backdraft is another real soundstage. I'm not sure how a tram would get in to Backdraft.

By getting rid of Backdraft, they could still implement some of its show elements into other parts of the tour. Like TRANSFORMERS and TWISTER for example.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 03-24-2007 at 12:36 AM.

-Jurassic Park

Besides, there's that huge haunted soundstage west of Backdraft.
    WHAT!?

IMHO i don't really care what they do with backdraft i never go on it, i think it's boring
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• ...TWO BITS!

^ yeah. I don't remember what soundstage # it is. But that's where they filmed the silent movie version of "Phantom of the Opera" and the T-rex in the tent scene for JP2.

-Jurassic Park

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast