• Princess Mouse Ears

Lots of fun at Magic Mountain!

Hi, I just went to Magic Mountain on March 23rd. What a great time! I wasn't expecting a lot from other people's comments and reviews, the last time I went was seven years ago. The park was very clean and there was a lot of fresh paint.

The crowds were light and the longest line we waited in was about half an hour for Riddler's Revenge and 35 minutes for Roaring Rapids. Just a word of caution, you WILL get soaked on Roaring Rapids, everyone in our boat came off looking like drowned rats.

I went on Ninja for the first time, and it looks like it was just painted, what a fun ride! It is a very smooth ride, I only wish that it were longer! We rode on Scream three times in a row because everytime that we pulled back into the station there wasn't a wait. We wanted to ride Deja Vu but it was closed for maintenance.

My favorite ride of the day was the kiddy coaster Gold Rusher. It reminded me of Big Thunder but more peaceful. The last time I went my favorite ride was Colossus, we rode it but it felt a little more rough then I remember. We also noticed that Psyclone is gone, I think that was a smart idea, that ride always hurt.

I wish I had pictures to share but I forgot my camera.
    So many mouse ears, so little time...

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Lots of fun at Magic Mountain!

Glad you had a great time. I am a big fan of Magic Mountain and so is my Girlfriend.

And it looks like they are working to make the park better
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Closed Account

Glad to hear you had a great time.

Ninja did receive a fresh coat of paint and reopened less than a month ago. It amazes me how fast that ride feels like it is going, and I love how the used the mountain's contour.

If you liked to be spooked, I definatly recomend going back for Fright Fest!

• Knight that says Nee!!

That's cool you had fun. Things like lines and crowds were never my issue with MM. For me it was content. There isn't much there my whole family can do, not enough to fill a whole day at the park. When my kids get older and get into rollercoaster thrill rides then it would be a fun day trip for us.

Yeah I fondly remember Magic Mountain from my younger days in Cali. It's greta you had a great time. I love how you mention Gold Rusher as a "kiddie coaster" it was actually suppose to be a coaster for adults but by today's standards.

Roaring Rapids was the first Inner Tube type ride I went on. I remember it fondly but I prefer Bigfoot Rapids at Knotts.

Yeah I went on Psyclone in the back and it was very, very painful. Not as much as Flashback though.

Magic Mountain was not originally owned by Six Flags and the original Mascots were Yeti's of a sort. If you do a Google search I am sure you can find the original costumes and characters.

The reason I hear they are freshening the place up is because Six Flags is hard up for cash and is looking to sell Magic Mountain.

• Closed Account

^Not, attacking, just correcting/informing.

MM Was originally owned by Newhall Land/Sea World.

The original "mascots"/characters were the Looney Tunes for the first season (or two), the The Wizard and the trolls. (Yes there are many pictures on the web of them.

Six Flags is not going to sell Magic Mountain. All that drama subsided about 2/3 months ago.

All these topics that you added to this thread have already been discussed in this forum.

I suggest using the "search" feature of this wonderful website.

But...Welcome!

• Closed Account

Here are some of those picutres:

The original Bugs Bunny at the Park Ribbon Cutting
    in 1971

The Trolls and Wizard:

• Sector Two Droid Repair

Does anyone remember the Magic Pagoda? Any pictures?
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Great to read you had such a great time. I haven't been in years and have been thinking of going. I agree with you that Ninja is just too short, it is such a great ride. Gold Rusher also reminds me of BTMRR, and I enjoy it quite a bit.

Maybe I'll end up going on Saturday just for the heck of it.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Thanks for the update. Sounds like they are in the process of making things look better. I might be going in a month or so, I'll be sure to come up with a TR for you all.

I'm glad to hear they are finally turning things around. Who knows, if I continue to hear these things from several folks, I might actually give the park a chance after swearing it off in December.

My friend will be especially pleased, he bought the pass over the net before the trip and was frustrated because the park was in such shambles when we went and he figured it would go to waste.

Here's hoping for a Magic Mountain comeback!

Gold Rusher rocks!

Glad you had a good time, it really is a fun park with some good rides.

• I meant to do that.

I think now that they have decided (for now) not to sell it, we are going to start seeing them put more money into it (paint, referbs...) and have a much better park.

Good job six flags!

• Big Damn Hero

My main problem isn't the paint but the crowds. I stopped going to the park because of all the people who cause ruckus. It's really a shame because I enjoy the rides.