• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Wiggles World' opens at Six Flags Great Adventure park

Six Flags Great Adventure Unveils Wiggles World Based Off the Most Popular Children's Entertainers in the World, 'The Wiggles'

Six Flags Great Adventure
    Jackson, NJ

JACKSON, N.J. – Six Flags Great Adventure will unveil a newly-themed area, “Wiggles World” April 2, the park’s official opening day for the 2007 season. Just next door at Six Flags Wild Safari, guests will take a one-of-a-kind journey in the all-new Wild Safari Exploration Station, featuring hands-on Safari interactive adventures.

Beginning April 2, parents and young children can experience “Wiggles World,”the park’s fourth area devoted to kids featuring specially-themed rides and attractions including The Big Red Car ride, The Big Red Plane ride, Dorothy the Dinosaur’s Racing to the Rainbow balloon ride, Bouncin’ with Wags ride and the S.S. Feathersword Pirate Ship play area. Wiggles World will also feature The Wiggles’ cast of supporting characters -- Dorothy the Dinosaur, Captain Feathersword, Wags the Dog and Henry the Octopus -- in an all-new show, “Get Ready to Wiggle,” retail locations selling The Wiggles merchandise and a restaurant, the Yummy Yummy Café.

“Six Flags Great Adventure continues to focus on family entertainment,” said Mark Kane, Six Flags Great Adventure’s president. “In addition to our world-class coaster collection and unparalleled line-up of thrill rides, the park now features four distinct areas devoted to families with young children, offering entertainment and thrills for all ages.”

The Wiggles are the most popular children’s entertainers in the world, and “Wiggles World” is designed to leverage their vast recognition and status among children ages 2-6. Since 1991, The Wiggles have performed to more than 1 million audience members a year. To date, they have sold more than 22 million DVDs and videos and more than 5 million albums worldwide, and The Wiggles’ successful television show has been broadcast on Disney Channel’s Playhouse Disney since 2002.
    http://greatadventure.sixflagsink.co...s=461&item=523
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Princess of my own world

Re: 'Wiggles World' opens at Six Flags Great Adventure park

In my opinion, it seems odd to have a "Wiggles World" at Six Flags, rather than adding to the Playhouse Disney at DCA and Magic Kingdom (not sure about that one...I know there's a Playhouse Disney thing at one of those parks). I guess it's because Disney doesn't own them? They just have their show on the Disney Channel.

Thanks for the news article, I bet kids will go crazy over that!
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**