Thread: Short KBF TR

• ...TWO BITS!

Short KBF TR

Haven't been to the park in years. Park open today from 10am-10pm. Arrived sometime after 10am. $10 parking. Didn't see the X-mas decor in the grand entrance, guess they finally got rid of it. Got on Silver Bullet, Jaguar, Montezuma's Revenge, and Boomerrang within the hour. Not that big of a crowd. Nearly a 1 hr wait for Ghostrider. Also hit the bumper cars, Mine train, train around the park, stagecoach, Mystery Lodge, Bigfoot Rapids, bumper cars, and stunt show. Had a $6 BBQ cheeseburger. The line wasn't really long, but the service was really slow. Not that great of a burger, not sure why it was BBQ. Wasn't worth it.

Silver Bullet- 1st time on it. Lots of +G forces. Not too much -Gs. It wasn't as scary as I expected, which I'm gladly okay with

Jaguar. Quite shaky. Kinda reminded me of Gadget's Go Coaster if it was bigger, longer, and had more leg room. THe fire and mist/fog effects didn't work. WOnder how long it's been like that. Noticed maybe a couple people in the Sierra Sidewinder construction site. Didn't seem to have much activity. The crane and "hot air balloon" ride parts were inbetween MR and Jaguar. They also had the water dummies... odd.

M's Revenge- 1st time on it. Got confused where the line went cause a chain broke off. A bit rough. The end with you're just sitting there in the air caught me off guard!

Boomerrang- 1st time. Also quite rough and I can certainly now see how it can give you whip lash. I don't really recall the ride attendants checking restraints with us... Had to sit for a while after that.

Ghostrider- 1st time. VERY rough, but a good woodie coaster. Lots of hills and both + and - Gs.

I wonder when all the coasters started having a seatbelt AND lapbar restraints. Wonder when line cutting and saving a place in line was considered against the law. Since when did KBF did not allow photography on their attractions and shows, much like LEGOLAND? Perlious Plunge and Log FLume were closed. No Bird Cage theater or Charles M. Theater shows. Even though the Charles theater had showtimes in the guide. Of course "attractions may close without notice". DID NOT want to try Xelerator. I'm still getting over my fear of roller coasters. Yet no one will ever acknowledge that Silver Bullet, Ghostrider, Boomerrang, and M's Revenge is a pretty big step for me. They'll all just keep pushing until they get THEIR way.

Lots of work stuff clearly visible to guests, such as ladders and carts. Also lots of visible backstage and odd themeing. Sometimes I wonder how some employees got their jobs in the first place. Some looked like they did NOT want to be there. But I do have to say I spotted a couple that did their jobs well. For instance, waiting for Ghostrider, the Ride op said "Thanks for riding Ghostrider: the fastest, longest, and tallest wooden rollercoaster around... now get out. Oh, excuse me. PLEASE get out". Those that line sound familar?

Left around 8:30pm.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 04-05-2007 at 10:52 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Re: Short KBF TR

pics or it didn't happen.

glad to hear you had a fun time at knotts! i haven't been in there in a few years, it seems the only time i make it there is when its halloween time. and what's really sad is that i have a good friend who lives 5 minutes from there. i have to pass the park to get to her house.

thanks for sharing your TR with us!
    kingdom hearts <3er

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    Sometimes I wonder how some employees got their jobs in the first place. Some looked like they did NOT want to be there. But I do have to say I spotted a couple that did their jobs well. For instance, waiting for Ghostrider, the Ride op said "Thanks for riding Ghostrider: the fastest, longest, and tallest wooden rollercoaster around... now get out. Oh, excuse me. PLEASE get out". Those that line sound familar?
    The employees at Knott's screwed themselves over when they all decided not to unionize. While employees at Disneyland up the street are all earning at least $8.20/hour, most KBF employees only earn minimum wage ($7.25/hour).
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• ...TWO BITS!

I was going to do pics. But I need to familarize myself to smugmug or some kind of pic website . I still have 2 unused tickets because my "friends" didn't call me back about the trip... until 5:15-ish pm while on the Sky Cabin. ANYWAYS, Camp Snoop is doing something called "Snoopy's Spring Safari". And they have these giant green leaves (reminded me of the "Million Dreams" leaves at Disney. In place of the Vampire maze (I think), they have a jungle safari set up there. I think Darkbeer took pics. There was a bubble machine going on and a wiggling Crocodile dressed in safari gear. On of the barrel bridges is closed. Oh, and that somewhat new basketball challenge right next to the Xelerator launch costs $10. You get 12 shots (4 shots at 3 different angles of the basket). 3 of which at each angle is the "money ball". Put that in the basket and you earn 2 points instead of 1. 2-5 points gets you a small prize (stuffed animal). 6-9 points a medium prize (basketball). 10-14 points large prize (football or sports shirt I think). and 15 points for the grand prize (also looked like a football or sports shirt to me). The first time I watched people play, I just happened to watch the highest score of the day- 9.

It was still fun.

Thanks for the info melmel.

QUESTION: Does anyone know why they put a roof over the 1st big drop of Ghostrider? In some other videos I've seen, there was no roof. Was there a privacy, noise, or saftey concern for that? And I'm definately glad there was a seatbelt and lapbar for the that ride. I WAS FLYING OFF MY SEAT!!

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

I wonder when all the coasters started having a seatbelt AND lapbar restraints.

Wooden coasters have had them for a while but Arrow started recently suggesting them for their old loopers, which of course has been deemed more then a suggustion by the park's insurance providers thus the change.

Wonder when line cutting and saving a place in line was considered against the law.

Its not against the law, its just against park policy and as the map tells you (along with numerous signs) violating park policy can get you kicked out of parks and your SP revoked.

Since when did KBF did not allow photography on their attractions and shows, much like LEGOLAND?

Disney is actually the exception to this rather then the norm. Again its those "pesky" insurance people and in regards to shows, probably either employee or "distriubtion" contracts (since unlike Disney, Cedar Fair is not a subsidary of any entertainment giant.)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

In place of the Vampire maze (I think), they have a jungle safari set up there.

Well you're close. The Jungle Safari is where the Pirates maze was. The Vampire maze was across the way where they are doing construction for the Sierra Sidewinder.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• ...TWO BITS!

Forgot to post a funny moment. After a guy earned a small prize from the basketball challenge, he exited and gave the stuffed animal to his kid. The kid starts going back to the stuffed animal pile. I thought he was exchanging it, but he actually picked up ANOTHER ONE for his little brother or something. The dad noticed he was going back and started shouting for him. But when he saw the 2nd stuffed animal, he just started chuckling and they got out of there before the game attendants noticed. A couple others saw what happened but we were all just really amused!

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Wonder when line cutting and saving a place in line was considered against the law.

Its not against the law, its just against park policy and as the map tells you (along with numerous signs) violating park policy can get you kicked out of parks and your SP revoked.
    [I]
    Actually, there were signs all over the park's attractions that had a CA penal code notice. This is why I should start taking pictures!

THanks for your replies!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    Well you're close. The Jungle Safari is where the Pirates maze was. The Vampire maze was across the way where they are doing construction for the Sierra Sidewinder.
    Another reason why I need to take photos, haha. I definately remember where the Pirates and Vampire mazes are. I only saw the ramp for the beginning of the Vampire maze. It was closed by the time we passed by it. And I knew it lead to the Balloon ride platform where Sierra Sidewinder is under construction. Which is why it didn't make much sense to me, where was this Jungle Safari leading to?? Maybe guests back track, the exit is also the entrance??

Isn't Pirates maze area usually backstage and closed off to regular guests most of the year??
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 04-06-2007 at 10:47 PM.

-Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

This site's update was on the day of my trip. But I think the photos are a day or two old. In the Sierra Sidewinder construction, I remember the concrete wall being completely enclosed. And there was a little more track right next to the trees. I did notice some of the coaster work didn't look aligned. In fact, I saw one pipe (is that what it's technically called?) which was chained around the finished pipe. But it's just hanging there. Not blotted down, just the chains hanging on to it.

Also got a couple pics of the Jungle Safari, but not the "dreams" leaves. Mentioned the train wasn't running, on my trip it was. Mentioned they added a shelter to Silver Bullet, I wouldn't know, first time seeing it.

http://www.[Link to unauthorized site removed].net/updates.p...=040507&page=1

PS- You'll also see Jack Sparrow riding a stroller in DL park. LOOK FOR IT!

-Jurassic Park

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Another reason why I need to take photos, haha. I definately remember where the Pirates and Vampire mazes are. I only saw the ramp for the beginning of the Vampire maze. It was closed by the time we passed by it. And I knew it lead to the Balloon ride platform where Sierra Sidewinder is under construction. Which is why it didn't make much sense to me, where was this Jungle Safari leading to?? Maybe guests back track, the exit is also the entrance??

Isn't Pirates maze area usually backstage and closed off to regular guests most of the year??
    Ok, I think I know what you are talking about. The animatronic Crocodile is on the ramp going up to the Balloon Race. They must of added something on top since the last time I worked Camp Snoopy (Been stuck in Ghost Town and Boardwalk all week). That is where the Lore of the Vampire Maze was. I know they added a Snoopy Temple Ruins type thing at the exit of the Pirate's Maze. This is what I thought you were talking about.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

they're building ANOTHER roller coaster at knotts?? where do they have ROOM?!?!?!
    kingdom hearts <3er

• Queen of Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by kickcows View Post

they're building ANOTHER roller coaster at knotts?? where do they have ROOM?!?!?!
    In Camp Snoopy!

• ...TWO BITS!

Here's a link to photos the day after my visit: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum...0922&start=230

Sorry, forgot to mention I noticed a Camp Snoopy uniformed employee at Ghostrider, Silver Bullet, and Jaguar.

-Jurassic Park