Hard Rock to open theme park in Myrtle Beach (04/10/2007)Hard Rock International has broken ground in Myrtle Beach, S.C., on a rock 'n' roll theme park.
Slated to open during the spring of 2008, the 140-acre Hard Rock Park will feature rides, attractions, shows, restaurants, cafes and retail stores.
The park will encompass six “rock environs":
• All Access Entry Plaza, a shopping venue and public space designed in a blend of mission and warehouse styles
• Rock & Roll Heaven, a behind-the-music venue where visitors can explore the influences of music stars
• British Invasion, a celebration rock 'n' roll, English-style
• Lost in the '70s, a large, indoor mall highlighting the punk, disco and glam music styles
• Born in the USA, a salute the birthplace and "melting pot" of rock
• Cool Country, a celebration of country music.
The park will have two roller coasters. Maximum RPM will race to '80s new age hits. Midnight Rider, a Southern Rock roller coaster, will careen through an abandoned lumber mill.
Other attractions will include Reggae River Falls, a Jamaican-themed, children’s water play area and Garage Jam, a foam ball play area.
Plans also call for the development of a multi-purpose, live music amphitheater.
"We've been dreaming up Hard Rock Park for the last few years, and we can't wait to start showing people what they can expect to experience." said Steven Goodwin, CEO of Hard Rock Park. "From the innovative technology to develop the rides and the entertainment experience to the truly priceless memorabilia we will have on display and special events we will host, visitors can expect a new standard of fun to rock fans of all ages."
For more information on Hard Rock Park, visit www.hardrockpark.com.