Hard Rock to open theme park in Myrtle Beach

Hard Rock to open theme park in Myrtle Beach (04/10/2007)Hard Rock International has broken ground in Myrtle Beach, S.C., on a rock 'n' roll theme park.

Slated to open during the spring of 2008, the 140-acre Hard Rock Park will feature rides, attractions, shows, restaurants, cafes and retail stores.

The park will encompass six “rock environs":

All Access Entry Plaza, a shopping venue and public space designed in a blend of mission and warehouse styles
    Rock & Roll Heaven, a behind-the-music venue where visitors can explore the influences of music stars
    British Invasion, a celebration rock 'n' roll, English-style
    Lost in the '70s, a large, indoor mall highlighting the punk, disco and glam music styles
    Born in the USA, a salute the birthplace and "melting pot" of rock
    Cool Country, a celebration of country music.

The park will have two roller coasters. Maximum RPM will race to '80s new age hits. Midnight Rider, a Southern Rock roller coaster, will careen through an abandoned lumber mill.

Other attractions will include Reggae River Falls, a Jamaican-themed, children’s water play area and Garage Jam, a foam ball play area.

Plans also call for the development of a multi-purpose, live music amphitheater.

"We've been dreaming up Hard Rock Park for the last few years, and we can't wait to start showing people what they can expect to experience." said Steven Goodwin, CEO of Hard Rock Park. "From the innovative technology to develop the rides and the entertainment experience to the truly priceless memorabilia we will have on display and special events we will host, visitors can expect a new standard of fun to rock fans of all ages."

For more information on Hard Rock Park, visit www.hardrockpark.com.

• Banned User

Re: Hard Rock to open theme park in Myrtle Beach

they say B&M has a coaster in this park, but none of those descriptions sound like B&M yet...

i was hoping for a version of holly wood dream the ride with a 'choose your Rock track'...

cannot wait to see photos from the preview center.

Blog Entries

I've got family who lives close to here so if it opens and looks worth visiting I'd like to make a trip over there. I'm still skeptical that this will be any more than another regional park however. I'd love for it to be a top notch destination however.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Myrtle Beach itself is a lot of fun. Well, at least it was in the last 80's/early 90's. I'll go just go relive some memories of past trips and check out everything that's been added since I was there 15+ years ago.