Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Harry Potter theme park set for USF

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Roger is Disney/Amblin. Mostly Disney.
    Disney believes that too but Amblin would disagree. The two have been at each others throats over Roger for years.

As far as Harry Potter goes I'll take a wait and see approach and it will take more than a small blurb in a article to get my interest. I want to see conceptual artwork!

• ...TWO BITS!

Hmmm... Harry Potter castle with magic flying cars? Or Springfield Nuclear Power Plant with possible vehicle design by that professor scientist hired by Burns for the plant but you take a trip through Springfield?

I like the HP flying cars overall theme that could go into BTTF. But HP would work great in IOA and a Springfield Nuclear Power Plant industrial look would look better in BTTF.

MAYBE have HP go in IOA, Simpsons go in BTTF, and at USH, have BTTF designed after HP! The Castle would look like it's on the edge of a cliff!! It'd be neat if they have some sort of open-air show on the BTTF ground queue. Then during HHN, Universal doesn't have to set up a stage infront of the attraction. This could prompt that Castle Theater to look more industrial for a Marvel superhero vs supervillains show, keeping the power plant set inside.

But Universal will probably copy USF's BTTF into USH's. But the above idea sounds great!!

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Nutty about Disney parks

Six Flags and Paramount Parks are not real theme parks. They are just amusement parks that invested waaaay too much in its roller coasters. Technically the only options of a Harry themed park land were always between Universal and Disney. I say go with Universal. Harry Potter and Disney would just be way too awkward. Stick close to Rowling's original vision as possible.

• Minion

[and lonely single women who want to see all of their Harry Potter dreams come true.[/quote]

Pardon?
    I want my cake back!

There are no Paramount Parks. They ceased to be at the end of last season.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I'm not going to take much stock in this report. I will wait till there is a press conference and the powers that be at either Universal or Disney say for a fact that they have the rights to go ahead and make a theme park using HP.

This sums it up the credibility for me. BY a friend of mine who runs a major coaster site:

"First of all, we know it has been a rumor for a long time. No surprises there. Beyond that, it has festered into fact by, I kid you not, some newspaper in Kazakhstan. It moved around the Middle East and former Soviet republics, and the closest it got to mainstream was one of the British tabloids. Needless to say, none of these stories have any credible attribution, so it's not news.
    I'm not saying it isn't likely, because it's more than reasonable to assume that the franchise makes its way to a theme park eventually. The only reason the rumor exists beyond enthusiast and industry circles is because it's a hot property to the world at large. It's still no better than the rumors of park "X" building "Y." Now if the Orlando Sentinel does a story, then there's something to talk about."

• Ravenclaw

As long as they include the promo shots of Radcliffe from his production of Equus they can do whatever they want, as far as I'm concerned!

--nick--
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12