View Poll Results: Favorite non-Disney So.Cal Park?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Knotts Berry Farm

24 34.78%
  • Universal Studios Hollywood

16 23.19%
  • Magic Mtn.

11 15.94%
  • Sea World

14 20.29%
  • Lego Land

2 2.90%
  • San Diego Wild Animal Park

2 2.90%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
    • Minion

Knotts... Nastalgic purposes...

Durring the 70's, in the off season, Disneyland was not open... So my family would take me to Knotts for the legendary Chicken Dinner..

As I grew older, I came to really love the park... And often had more fun there with my friends, because it was less crowded than the other theme parks...

I go for the ghost town mostly, and the chicken dinners with my family... Which is as much a tradition as going to Disneyland...

-------

Magic Mountain would come next, but it reminds me too much of my ex-wife... go fig...
    Check out my other blog:

• out & about

Re: Favorite non-Disney So.Cal. Park?

i recently went to six flags as part of a bachleor party for a friend of mine. the day was ok. we had fun. went on all the rides (may fav is still batman). it was crowded but not unbearable. it was hot. and im always reminded why i dont more often... hills!!! the layout, or maybe the whole location is horrible. and another thing. i kinda feel ripped off when it comes to their attention to detail. their new ride, scream, is literlly built in the parking lot (which also sucks beyond belief). while on the ride if you look down you can clearly see the white parking space lines still on the asphalt. pathetic! good thing my girlfriend gave me a free promo ticket she got from someone else.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    I chose Sea World just because it's a very stress free park. They might not have as much as some other parks, but the staff, cleanliness is 2nd only to Disney. And they have penguins there.

My run down of some of the other parks:

USH: Almost got my vote for the same reason's Sea World did. It's a pretty stress free park, they do have more stuff to do than SW and it's always clean. But ... they don't have penguins.

Awww... I love you too!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Minion

Tough one but I chose SeaWorld however USH was a close second. I've always enjoyed looking at the real Nemo and Dory.

• So!

I chose Knott's, it's the only one I've been to on that list...but I also have some fond memories of it. My first trip was in about 1996. We all got in free on Veterans Day cause my dad is a veteran. We pretty much went every year for that up until 2000, then I just recently went back in 2004. It feels different with the new attractions and new management.

• My laughing place

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyren
    Wild Animal Park.

I love critters. Any chance to see them is a treat I love to take.
    Nic,

I totally agree..I would also add Sea World to the list.

• CM for 4 years!

Knott's Berry Farm. For it's history, and for all my childhood memories there, which are so much clearer to me than my memories at DLR.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

I live in Ohio but frequent California for work and have had a chance to sample most of these parks numerous times. (haven't been to the last two) I'm going with Knotts because it has a certian charm. I do like Universal but it doesn't seem to grab me the same way Knotts did.

• Senior Minion

I have to go with Gwyren's choice, I enjoyed Wild Animal Park for the unique animals they have and the future of that park. I went to Knott's in November of 2004, and really disappointed.

The reason why was because, it just was not the park that I remember from the 70's, the park was dirty, rides were less then I expected. I miss BearyTales, and a few other shows and attractions. It just seems like it is going to become another SixFlags or Great America.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Just got back from Knott's, taking a set of twins, who were celebrating their 8th Birthday... had a GREAT time... in fact, the boys said they had more fun at Knott's than they did at Disneyland a year ago.....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    I chose Sea World just because it's a very stress free park. They might not have as much as some other parks, but the staff, cleanliness is 2nd only to Disney.
    I agree - but I HATED getting there at 6am to clean bird-poop almost every day! One of the many things I do not miss about working there

But I picked Legoland... yes I am the one.

I also chose legoland.My husband and son are amazed by all the things made out of legos there.I have to admit I admire all the hours they must put into those things also. What put it over the top for me was the food at the Knights table. We ordered the feast and it was incredable! I would go back there just to have that again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12