Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Kings Island Opening Day 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Any photo requests from the park? I have season pass and get some better pictues of some stuff. When I get time to see a show, I will write a review. The Ice show opens June so I am going to that proably. Does anyone want to see where they filmed the episode Of "The Brady Bunch"? lol If you get a chance to see the episode, it is called "Cincinnati Kids a.k.a Kings Island episode", second to last season.
    All I remember about that episode is that the final running scene has them all over the park, instead of going straight from where the design plans are found to the main entrance. Complete discontinuity. They're near the front of the park, now they're heading to the back of the park, now they're near the Tower, now they're near the Twin Racer, now....
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    All I remember about that episode is that the final running scene has them all over the park, instead of going straight from where the design plans are found to the main entrance. Complete discontinuity. They're near the front of the park, now they're heading to the back of the park, now they're near the Tower, now they're near the Twin Racer, now....
    Yep, lol. Oh Mr.Brady, this map is of Yogi Bear not a design for a new hotel. The Football game that Greg played is still there but Cedar Fair redid it with a Bengals theme this year.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

what 4-D show do they have there now? last time i was there it was a spongebob show
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

Still Spongebob.

• Senior Minion

I tried to take some pics of Firehawk construction for a friend, but they wouldn't let me go to the back of Flight Of Fear turnstyles to get good shots

Part of Vortex

When I go this weekend by myself, I plan to take some more pics.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    How much has SOB changed? I never got to ride it with the loop. Is it open yet?
    They removed the loop and are fixing the track in some places to make it a smoother ride and they are also changing the lap bars.
    They said that they hope to have it open by summertime, but who knows.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    They removed the loop and are fixing the track in some places to make it a smoother ride and they are also changing the lap bars.
    They said that they hope to have it open by summertime, but who knows.
    Well Son Of Beast is getting all new coaster trains this year. Yes the loop was taken out in the winter and the new flat part of track is now in its place. I will post some pictures or let everyone know more information about SOB when I learn about it.

Well I see my brother has already posted the pictures. Work on Firehawk is coming along and is almost done. Soon Kings Island will start testing the coaster. The new Coke Zone is open next to the Coney Mall sign.

Also anyone going to Cedar Point Maverick the new coaster will not open for some time do to a problem with some track.

Quick post today Firehawk is testing with both trains on the track. One train is red and the other is yellow. Still no word on SOB, but it does look like all of the work on the track is done. Also I did not see any trains on the tracks. I don't have any pictures this week I try to go to the park before going to Disneyland.
    Last edited by MickeyMoose; 05-20-2007 at 12:13 PM.

Son Of Beast Now Open

Son Of Beast is now open as of July 4h, 2007. The ride no longer has a loop and now has a red train and blue train from Hurricane at Myrtle Beach Pavilion.

• World Traveler

Thanks for the report!

• Huh?

For those that have been back since all of the rides have opened, what's your impression of the park in comparison to the Paramount days?

I live only a couple hours from the park, but have not bothered to go for several years because it was basically a run-down amusement park. I probably was last there around 1999.

Should I even bother or is it still the same trash heap as it was before?
    -Tim

• Senior Minion

I see no difference in how it's run or how it looks compared to the paramount days. No one cares if people are smoking in line for rides or cutting in line, even if you complain or the ride operators see it with their own 2 eyes.
    I've seen the trash picker-upers sweep up dirt instead of trash that is right in front of them.
    One thing that has changed are the food prices - they have gone up. $6 for a funnel cake! What a rip!

I live 15 minutes from the park and am there quite often.

One thing I wish they would have improved with Son Of Beast is the noise. You can still hear that sucker from the other end of the park and parking lot! Even The Beast isn't that loud and it's a wooden coaster.

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    For those that have been back since all of the rides have opened, what's your impression of the park in comparison to the Paramount days?

I live only a couple hours from the park, but have not bothered to go for several years because it was basically a run-down amusement park. I probably was last there around 1999.

Should I even bother or is it still the same trash heap as it was before?
    I was there today. The park is about the same except Cedair Fair is doing a little better than Paramount. There are more trash cans in the park and a little more clean up. One plus of the new owner, more entertainment for the park. During the last years of Paramount ownership, it went way downhill. I can only watch "School of Rock Live" for so many years. lol. I believe that Cedar Fair put a total of 6 new shows up for this year.

P.S.
    If you want cheap Paramount's Kings Island stuff, it is 50% Off now. Cedar Fair want to get rid of it. lol. They still have the Winterfest stuff for 75% Off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12