• Basking in birthday love

Flash Pass - Is it Worth It?

I'm headed to Six Flags on Monday with my roommate, and I was thinking about buying the Flash Pass option. Has anyone here ever used it? Is it worth the money? Will it even be necessary on a Monday? How does it work, anyway? The last time I was at Six Flags was almost four years ago, and it wasn't around then. Any thoughts?

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Banned User

Re: Flash Pass - Is it Worth It?

It will not be necessary on a Monday.

I've used it because I get one of them on every visit with my xtreme pass or whatever. Basically it's good for 1 person on 4 rides, 2 people on 2 rides, or 4 people on 1 ride. There will be a Flashpass entrance, usually located at the exit of the coaster.

Flash Pass is also not as organized as Fastpass. It seemed that if someone wanted to they could easily cheat the system. Basically one of the ride ops has to help run the ride AND take flashpass tickets. I don't see how they can do it without a few people sneaking in throughout the day.

On Monday, if you're going to be there at opening, get on X first (which doesn't even take Flashpass), and then Tatsu, and you'll enjoy the rest of your day.

• So it would seem...

I agree, but just in case, it's probably a good idea. It's not that expensive anyway, and without the Flash Pass, you could be in a line for sixty minutes, when the ride or whatever you're waiting for is three minutes long. Just in case.

.:Sometimes I get the feeling she's watching over me, and other times I feel like I should go:.
    - Welcome To The Black Parade

Twenty foot jackalope staring at you. DO NOT MAKE EYE CONTACT! - Night At The Museum

Charlie.. Charlie.. Charlie, let's go to Candy Mountain.. - Charlie The Unicorn

Why should you send a friend request to me?
    We're all friends in Disney - Yavn

As stated, on monday, you probably will not need it. However, if you find that you are waiting in line for more that 20 minutes, you should then decide if it is worth it for the passes. If you get there right at opening, I WOULDN't go to X and Tatsu first. These are usually the last two rides to complete their block checks (safety runs), in the morning. Every day I am there at opening, 95% of the people head to the left towards Tatsu and X, and end up waiting for an additional 10 to 25 minutes before block check is finished. I would head to the right, and complete Goliath, Colosus, scream, Batman, Riddlers, Ninja, Superman, (all with walk-ons, or less that a 3-car-wait. You would be able to finish all this within the first two hours. You can then complete Deja Vu, Tatsu, Viper and X at your leasure throughout the day. For the last Tatsu and Viper, you don't want to wait, then you should buy the FlashPasses. It will be $20 on weekdays, and can be purchased at the Main Gate Ticket Booths, at the Sales Center behind guests relations (near the lockers) at the front of the park, or at the Guests Necessity Center in Colossus County Fair, at the base of Superman Tower. The list of which rides they will be redeemed at may change, so the list will be posted at the Sales Center; I would buy them there.

Enjoy your day, and try to take some pictures for us!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Don't buy the Flash Pass, go have fun.

If you see the lines getting too long, then think about spending the $15....

More than likely you should have light crowds, unless the "busloads" of kids show up....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• no flash photography...

I've used it before, but I live close to six flags. We went on the flash pass rides, hit a few rides with low wait times and went home. For us six flags is not an all day park. We spent maybe 4 hours there.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

If you want to pay the extra money by an AP, and go back several times and enjoy every ride several times.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Which Six Flags?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

aerinpegadrak goes to school and lives in SoCal, so she must be talking about Magic Mountain....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Circle of Ancients

If it's SFMM and on a Monday then as was said above, go have fun, if it's looking busy then go buy the Flashpass.

If it's a park with the Qbot, I'd get it. LOVE me some Qbot.

YES! Well worth it, even if it is a slow day. Last time we went my wife and I got the VIP Thrill Pass which was unlimited flash passes and a few extra perks thrown in and we LOVED IT. The park was not all that busy but I tell you what - saving 20 minutes here, 10 minutes there, 15 minutes there was WELL WORTH IT. As others have pointed out the park may not be busy at all, but I would still shell out for a few of them so I could ride Tatsu a few times because that ride is awesome.