Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Lets just say the only place in california that celebrates BEANS!

Sfmm Any One ?? Help Please!!

Any tips for me I am going to SFMM tomorrow what are crowds going to be like?? what rides are going to be closed?? also last time I was there I noticed superman didn't run that often like every hour or so why is that?

Thanks in advance.

• Banned User

Re: Sfmm Any One ?? Help Please!!

It won't be crowded.

Call them and ask what rides are going to be closed.

Superman was/is in a refurbishment period. Instead of closing the ride down entirely they are only closing one side at a time. This results in increased waits but people who want to ride are still able to.

• Basking in birthday love

There was no one today. NO ONE. It was like a zombie movie. We only hit an actual line twice. The most waiting we did came from the fact that not a single coaster was running more than one train. Many people were staying on for multiple trips.

Scream was closed in the morning, but we couldn't tell if it was a late opening or a full closure. Since I remember Scream being pretty unexceptional, we didn't really care enough to check back.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
    Since I remember Scream being pretty unexceptional, we didn't really care enough to check back.
    Scream was a great first ride. We sat in the front and it was my first time on a floorless. The thing doesn't have any reridability for me. The whole parking lot theme is really boring. They didn't even cover up the parking spaces.

• Circle of Ancients

Parking Lot Theme!!!! LMAO!!!!

It's just called lazyness.

• Sock Puppet

OMG SFMM was the biggest disappointment ever. I've been there once but this time it SUCKED!!! the rides didn't do much for me at all it was not fun and I came all they way from Nor*Cal. We left early

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4lyfe View Post
    OMG SFMM was the biggest disappointment ever. I've been there once but this time it SUCKED!!! the rides didn't do much for me at all it was not fun and I came all they way from Nor*Cal. We left early
    This pretty much sums up every visit to SFMM. Well, at least every visit in the last 15 years.

I think the longest single amount of time we have spent in the park the last 3 or 4 years is 4 hours.

• When Will It Return?

^ Oh I wouldn't say 15 years. Right about 2000 after the purchase by Premier Parks is when the park really fell off a cliff.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    This pretty much sums up every visit to SFMM. Well, at least every visit in the last 15 years.

I think the longest single amount of time we have spent in the park the last 3 or 4 years is 4 hours.

It was the biggest waist of time ever this was my second trip there since 05 it was fun my first time there and this time it was HORRIBLE!!! It was so hard to even figure out where the lines were the workers were just like standing there doing nothing but sitting on there A** very unorganized the waits were great except walking up and down those hills were hard especially when the oriental express was closed like all the other rides that said will not open for 2 hours NEVER GO TO SFMM!!!!!

• When Will It Return?

^ I sympathize, but when going to a park with 'Magic Mountain' as it's title, walking up/down hills shouldn't be too much of a shocker.

It's also an odd thing to complain about because it's not like the park can really do anything about it. Conduct of staff? Fixable. Presentation? Fixable. Land topography? Not really fixable.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    ^ I sympathize, but when going to a park with 'Magic Mountain' as it's title, walking up/down hills shouldn't be too much of a shocker.

It's also an odd thing to complain about because it's not like the park can really do anything about it. Conduct of staff? Fixable. Presentation? Fixable. Land topography? Not really fixable.

-- PMM

Well yea I didn't mind going up and down the hill a couple of times to get to the ninja but every time I did the ride was still closed and the sign outside said opens at 11AM but you would think the orient express would be open especially if they weren't even working on it

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    ^ Oh I wouldn't say 15 years. Right about 2000 after the purchase by Premier Parks is when the park really fell off a cliff.

-- PMM
    Premiere actually bought the chain in 1998, but it was still slipping since about 1994 or so. At least IMO.

I usually call Scream! the sit-down version of Riddler's Revenge. If they would just add some trees and landscape it might be worth making the trip down to that dead end but to me, it's not worth waiting 40 minutes for. But with Superman, they operate only one track daily all year round. I've NEVER seen them operate both sides on the same day. I went a couple week Thursday and read the sign in entrance saying "we will only operate one side," and I thought to myself, but, you do that all the time.

Ninja usually never opens with the park. It usually opens up a an hour or so after opening. Sometimes if the winds are high, they won't open it.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace View Post
    I usually call Scream! the sit-down version of Riddler's Revenge. If they would just add some trees and landscape it might be worth making the trip down to that dead end but to me, it's not worth waiting 40 minutes for. But with Superman, they operate only one track daily all year round. I've NEVER seen them operate both sides on the same day. I went a couple week Thursday and read the sign in entrance saying "we will only operate one side," and I thought to myself, but, you do that all the time.

Ninja usually never opens with the park. It usually opens up a an hour or so after opening. Sometimes if the winds are high, they won't open it.
    Superman was walk on for us not one person in line we waited maybe 20 seconds so the people before us could unload but thats it and then we got to ninja at about 11:30AM and it wasnt open they were running it and the sign outside it said 11:00AM and it wasn't windy at all.

• Banned User

I rode Ninja shortly after they repainted it and it was gorgeous. It was especially at night, where the lights on the lift reflected off the coaster and created a beautiful glow.

Ninja proves a coaster doesn't have to be new or a record setter to be great.

Unfortunately Ninja is about the only thing they've applied paint to in the last decade it seems!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast