• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Busch Gardens Europe unveils Griffon

It's Dive Time

Busch Gardens Europe Unveils Griffon
    WILLIAMSBURG, Va., May 16 /PRNewswire/ -- From concept to creation, legend to reality, Griffon, the world's tallest, floorless dive coaster made its debut today at Busch Gardens Europe. (Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20070516/AQW129 )

The park's latest steel marvel drops its riders 205 feet, 90 degrees straight down, at speeds as fast as 75 mph. Griffon features several one-of-a-kind elements including floorless coaster trains with stadium-style seating. Each coaster train is composed of three rows of 10 seats, and the outer seats extend away from the track. Griffon's "divers" also endure two Immelmann loops -- a coaster move known for its twisted loop.

"It's the perfect addition to our park," said Donnie Mills, the executive vice president and general manager of Busch Gardens Europe. "Griffon is the roller coaster on everyone's list to ride in 2007."

Crews broke ground on Griffon in July 2006. Track construction was completed in late February, and the first train was installed on the track in March. Since then, Griffon has been put through rigorous safety tests in preparation for its public debut.

The story of Griffon is based on the French legend about the beast with the heart of a lion and the soul of an eagle. Griffon is a creature of fury and flight. From 205 feet in the sky, Griffon drops riders 90 degrees straight down in a floorless dive as furious and intense as the beast itself.

For more information, guests may visit http://www.griffoncoaster.com or call 800.343.7946. Busch Gardens Europe is an Anheuser-Busch Adventure Park. Other Anheuser-Busch Adventure Parks include Water Country USA in Williamsburg, Va.; Busch Gardens Africa and Adventure Island in Tampa Bay; SeaWorld Adventure Parks in Orlando, San Diego and San Antonio; Sesame Place near Philadelphia; Discovery Cove in Orlando; and Aquatica, SeaWorld's water park, which is under construction in Orlando and scheduled to open next spring.
    SOURCE Busch Gardens Europe

Re: Busch Gardens Europe unveils Griffon

OMG it looks awesome .

i want to go to BGW this season to ride this coaster . I have never been there before .

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Busch Gardens Europe unveils Griffon

i went there last spring and they were just starting building it... makes me mad that i won't go back there for years
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.