Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: Hollywood Universal Halloween Horror NIghts 2007 Dates Anounced

This year I plan on going to only USH's Halloween event. KBF's gets kind of repetivitive every year except for the fun THE HANGING.

Never been to 6 Flag's event... might check that out.

Also, you can video record attractions in USH, you technically can't at KBF.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

yea i was thinkin about the whold six flags thing too.. but i am not sure.. i want to keep to my hollywood. i am think about taking for speical effects make up .. that'd be awesome .. i seriously cant wait tll this year halloween !
    "I Love A Good Thrill"- Lorena C

• ...TWO BITS!

I didn't want to start a new thread, but... there's a very strong chance that USH will actually use the Wild West Arena (formerly Wild, Wild, Wild West Stunt Show) for Halloween Horror Nights. So excited

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

i've herd that six flags isn't that good
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by thrax View Post
    i've herd that six flags isn't that good

there was a clown maze at Fright Fest@6flags in 2000 that was pretty scary....few things more terrifying to someone with a fear of clowns than one coming out of the ceiling at you...
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• ...TWO BITS!

I was down in USH today, they ripped out the south entryway from the Wild West Arena. They completely tore out the seating. The stage floor is also dirt. Some "wall fencing" is up on the north side entry. But the set looks like it's still intact. I wonder how they'll handle Wicked Wednesdays autograph sessions in there. Maybe they'll cover it up for the event since the yellow brick road and "special guest signing" sign is still up.

I hope they'll put up a "We're improving your Universe" signs around the area to let people know something special is on the way.

-Jurassic Park

• Freakster

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    the last HHN before last years was in 2000 (RIP my belove'd Buffy the Vampire Slayer maze). i'm not quite sure when it started before then.
    HHN at USH:

1997 - 2000
    2006 - ?

1986? I've never heard of this one. Were you there?

• Freakster

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    1986? I've never heard of this one. Were you there?
    Nope, but that was their first attempt to crack into the Knotts business.

Sounds awesome! This will be my first year at Halloween horror nights and I am going for my birthday! Unfortunately I can only go to Hollywood, but it should still be cool. I have a couple of questions:

1). How much does this event usually cost?

2). If I go on the 27th (a Saturday) how crowded will it be and will I get to go on everything?

I have been to every one of the Halloween events at Universal and I have always had a better time there than at Knott's (I guess working there in the early 80's has killed my desire to go to the Haunt at Knott's).

But one thing that I am so glad to hear this year is the return of the tram ride to Halloween. In the past the tram ride was awesome and everything was dark and lots of stuff coming at you. The things they did at some of the sets were awesome as well. I hope this year things go back to what they used to be.

I would love to see them bring Rob Zombie back for the Haunt. I also wish Oingo Boingo would come back together for Halloween events at Universal, that would make my day. Also they need to lengthen the Chucky show, it is hilarious and seeing peoples reaction to his insults is priceless.

• Nouveau Membre

Quote Originally Posted by lyd View Post
    But one thing that I am so glad to hear this year is the return of the tram ride to Halloween. In the past the tram ride was awesome and everything was dark and lots of stuff coming at you. The things they did at some of the sets were awesome as well. I hope this year things go back to what they used to be.
    Hmmm... Terror Tram sucked big time last year. I thought it was gonna be coolest thing but it was very disappointed. The only thing worth it was the Asylum, which made Knott's Asylum look really bad. This year i may just overall skip terror tram.

• ...TWO BITS!

^ I was told Terror Tram didn't have the metal barricades on opening night and thus was a bit more disorganized to the rest of the HHN when they finally tried adding barricades and lousy hiding places for the scarers. I'm sure they'll try something new almost every night to see what works best.

I was also told the lower lot had some good atmosphere, but I didn't bother going all the way down there when I went last year. Supposedly they will try to put up a maze to lure people downstairs.

AH MAN! You know what would totally be awesome?! If they did an overlay of "Backdraft" for Freddy Kreuger!! That would frreakin' rock! Now presenting: "A Nightmare on Backdraft". hahaha

-Jurassic Park

I like the terror tram last year. It was nice to be able to walk around back there. But with the barricades the "monsters" were kinda restricted on the outside. The ones on the inside were obvious because you would see people scatter. (last post) Im not sure what night you you speak of but when i went there was nothing going on in the lower lot. It was pretty much a waste of time and space. The space from the Lucy building to backdraft was blocked off. It would have been nice to see something down there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast