• LLC Master Builder

Post Legoland California Lifetime Ambassador Membership Pass Price Increase

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to inform anyone who is interested, that as of July 1st the price of Legoland's lifetime pass, the Ambassador pass, will be increasing in price from $1,000 to $2,000. This news has already been made available to all Legoland passholders and most MC's (Model Citizens) have been informing interested guests with the information. So if you have been thinking of purchasing a lifetime pass to Legoland, now is the best time to do it!

To save on time answering questions about this pass later, the pass includes lifetime admission to Legoland California, 4 free 1-day membership guest complimentary tickets every year (for life!), discounts within the park, free parking in the Ambassador lot (right next to the park entrance), and free admission to all the other Legoland Parks in the world! Ambassador members also have the exclusive chance to sign up for a session with one of Legoland's Master Model Builders (the individuals who build all the models out of Lego bricks for the park).

If you are interested in buying this pass, Legoland does ask that you go to the park to purchase it. Also if you have any other questions, feel free to send me messages or ask questions in this thread. Or better yet, contact Legoland, that way your answers would be official.

*Disclaimer: While I do work for Legoland, I do not speak for Legoland and this was not a sales pitch in any way, shape, or form, nor was it intended to be. All the above information can be verified by calling Legoland. All I am doing is providing some news and basic information. That should satisfy my bosses should they read this thread!
    "Why yes, I am a rocket scientist!" - Me, with a B.S. in Astrophysics.

Professionally building with LEGO bricks since 2007. Visit Legoland California to see some of my work!

Tomorrowland Attractions CM: 6/24/05-8/24/06
    Survived Autopia, Buzz Lightyear, and the Mark V Monorail.

DCL_Becky's Prince Charming

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Re: Legoland California Lifetime Ambassador Membership Pass Price Increase

Ok, this sounds pretty cool. I've only been to Legoland once.. but only being a couple hours away It would be neat to go once a year and take a group of friends/family. Considering you're getting basically the equivalent of 5 free one-day tix each year, after like four years it seems with the savings you'd have paid the $1K. After that, it's like getting free passes for life. This doesn't include the unlimited entry for the passholder, and numerous other benefits. Also, I've always wanted to see Legoland in Europe. Not a bad deal. I think I'll take a trip down there before the end of the month!!
    --Jonathan

• Padawan

Things have been pretty hectic for me since I got back from NYC... but I just wanted to report that I made it down to Legoland this morning (drove down at 7:30a just to buy the Ambassador Pass membership). It's really a good deal...

First, This works out great for me because I'm a member of a timeshare (Hilton Grand Vacations which I love) that is building a brand new resort right next door to Legoland in Carlsbad. Knowing the quality of Hilton's other properties, I know this is going to be an incredible resort. It will be a great place for weekend getaways for years to come. And the town of Carlsbad looks like a fun little beach community too. It looks like there are lots of great roads for biking, which I'm getting back into soon.

On my way to the guest services window to buy the membership (Legoland calls their AP's memberships), there was a booth set up where they were offering $100 Legoland gift cards for signing up for a tour of the new resort, The Grand Pacific Mar Brisas . I looked at all the fine print, and it didn't say current HGVC members are not eligible for the tour, so I signed up and got my $100 giftcard! I wanted to get a preview of this new resort anyway, and having been on several of these presentations, I actually enjoy them. I can schedule the tour anytime in the next 2 months.

An interesting note: All the posted prices on all the ticket windows have already been changed to show the new price of $2,000.00 for the Ambassador membership. I was worried at first, but the guy that helped me explained they were changed for July 1st, but they were still selling them for $1,000.00 through today only.

They gave me my initial four complimentary one-day passes with my purchase today. Another great benefit: they never expire and can be used at anytime, by anyone! I was worried that maybe they were "day of issue" only or some catch like that, but they can be used anytime in the future. They will be mailed at the end of each year (starting this year so I get four more in December) and come in a "holiday card" kind of like a gift for members. I thought that was cool. So what I don't use this year can be saved and added to the next years... and so on... indefinitely.

Preferred Parking: this is awesome. They have a small lot right next to the entrance that is for handicapped and "preferred" parking (other memberships get access too). But within the lot, are a whole bunch of spaces right at the front that are marked with signs that say "Ambassador Parking Only". Some of these are closer than the handicapped spaces! The areas are side by side. A really cool perk. Dining discounts are also 25%, and merchandise is 10%.

After I processed my membership card I only had time to spend about a half hour running through the park before I had to drive back to L.A., but it is very cute. There are a lot more attractions than I remembered from my last visit about 6 or 7 years ago. It's no Disneyland, but still a fun place to spend the day (especially with kids) once a year or so. Good coffee too!

At $900 for a lifetime Ambassador membership, I say it's a helluva deal. I'm glad I was able to make it down before the price change tomorrow; I would never have considered paying $2,000.00. Thanks again for the tip!

Last edited by DOOM BGI; 07-01-2007 at 09:00 AM.
    --Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    ...I made it down to Legoland this morning (drove down at 7:30a just to buy the Ambassador Pass membership). It's really a good deal...

After I processed my membership card I only had time to spend about a half hour running through the park before I had to drive back to L.A.,..
    I would have just done it online

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Things have been pretty hectic for me since I got back from NYC... but I just wanted to report that I made it down to Legoland this morning (drove down at 7:30a just to buy the Ambassador Pass membership). It's really a good deal...
    Well, I think I just found my new best friend!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Circle of Ancients

That's very cool. We haven't been to Legoland in a few years, but we loved the place. Very fun.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

I don't know if I'm allowed back to Legoland California yet

• A Pirate's life for me!

We've had two Ambassador passes since the first year that LL opened.

Actually, by the end of the day on our first visit (May '01), we "upgraded" our one day pass into an annual pass.

Then during our second visit, we upgraded our annual passes to lifetime ones.

We typically visit LL two to three times per year. The four (actually 8 for us) freebies make it possible to invite friends to enjoy the Park with us.

And at Christmas time, LL sends out coupons for free entry with an AP, so that adds more folks to the invite list!

I figured that it would take us about 7 years to amortize the cost to where the Lifetime passes would pay for themselves.

We're about there...

On my way to the guest services window to buy the membership (Legoland calls their AP's memberships), there was a booth set up where they were offering $100 Legoland gift cards for signing up for a tour of the new resort, The Grand Pacific Mar Brisas
    I wanted to say thank you for this bit of info. I signed up for the tour and am actually doing it inthe next few days. That $100 gift card is good stuff

• Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude
    I would have just done it online
    Quote Originally Posted by DL Steve
    If you are interested in buying this pass, Legoland does ask that you go to the park to purchase it.
    As was mentioned in the original quote, they are not available online. I'm glad you were able to get the $100 giftcard. The tours are interesting, although if it's like the HVGC tours it's a little bit high pressured at the end (at least compared to Disney Vacation Club). But you can say no in the end, so it's worth it I think.
    --Jonathan