Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I was deleted.

Question Universal Studios - Orlando ... my first trip in a LONG time!

Before I start in FL this fall on my internship my mom and I are planning on visiting the Universal Studios park in Orlando. I have been to the original one down there but it was years ago in the early 1990's - before they opened the second park. I have visited and know Universal Studios Hollywood quite well and my last trip there was summer of 2001.

We are getting a 3-day ticket and I was wondering if you all have any advice for their attractions, shows, etc. Right now I am going at this in the dark (except to go see the Spiderman thing)! Also-- we aren't HUGE coaster fans.. so any extreme coasters can be eliminated. Thanks!!

• Banned User

hmm...

where to Start...

Mummy.. Great.. (sister hates coasters.. loves this one..)

BTTF.. same as hollywood..

Jimmy is interesting..

MIB is a multiple must....

IOA.. Everything but MIB is a must.. (hulk & DD can be excluded if you are not a coaster fan..)

JP has a few things that are kids only...

I think you will spend 1.5 days at both parks...

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    hmm...

where to Start...

Mummy.. Great.. (sister hates coasters.. loves this one..)

BTTF.. same as hollywood..

Jimmy is interesting..

MIB is a multiple must....

IOA.. Everything but MIB is a must.. (hulk & DD can be excluded if you are not a coaster fan..)

JP has a few things that are kids only...

I think you will spend 1.5 days at both parks...
    Yeah, I remember Universal not having a lot to offer but we will take our time. And given it is still summer it might still be busy.

Back to the Future is there now? It wasn't last time was there, only at Hollywood. My mom LOVES that thing. I think we will spend a whole day just going on that over and over and over again. Sad thing is I can still quote it and I haven't been on it for 4 years.

Is the Jurassic Park water ride there too?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Is the Jurassic Park water ride there too?
    BTTF was the first new ride to open i think... Jaws works now...

Jurrassic Park River Adventure is there.. at the back of jurrassic park. There used to be a Triceratops encounter.. but it has since closed...

(IOA's JP is 1 foot taller than hollywoods..)

• Best Buds

Over at IOA, don't forget to ride The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman. And the Cat in the Hat ride is fun, too. (Neither are roller coasters.)
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    Even if you don't like roller coasters, the queue line for Dueling Dragons is absolutely amazing - better than anything Disney has done stateside in YEARS...

The thing that you got to see the most, is Spider-Man hands down. If you like free-falls, Dr. Doom is okay but very short on thrills. Popeye is also a very good ride in Islands Of Adventure, you get really wet. Also don't forget to explore the knocks and corners of Islands, there is alot of detail everywhere from the shops to the buildings.

Universal Orlando recently added a new Donkey AA figure like Hollywood has, near Shrek 4-D. If you haven't seen it yet also worth checking out. If you like that, your love the mstyic foundation at islands. He or she will make you laugh really hard.

As of right now, I believe these are the attractions at both parks.

Universal Studios Orlando
    • Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast!
    • Lucy: The Tribute
    • Twister
    • Revenge Of The Mummy
    • Jaws
    • Earthquake
    • Shrek 4-D
    • Men In Black: Alien Attack
    • Back to the Future
    • Woody Woodpecker's Nut Coaster
    • A Day in the Park with Barney
    • Fievel's Playland
    • Curious George
    • Terimator 3-D
    • Monster Make-Up Show
    • Beetlejuice's Rocking Reuve
    • Fear Factor Live
    • E.T.
    • Animal Planet Live

Islands Of Adventure

Marvel Superhero Island
    • The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
    • Hulk-coaster
    • Doctor Doom's Fear Fall
    • Storm Force-Tea cup type ride

Toon Lagoon

[list][*]Dupley Do-Right's Rip-Saw Falls [*]Popeye-water ride

Jurasic Park

• Discovery Center
    • JP River Adventure

Lost Contest
    • Dueling Dragons
    • Posedion's Fury
    • The Flying Unicorn
    • Sinbad-Stunt Show
    • Mystic Foundation
    [list]
    Seussal Landings
    • The Cat In The Hat ride
    • One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
    • Seuss-go-around
    • If I ran a Zoo.

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish is like Dumbo's Flying Elephants, with a fun song and interactive water elements - follow the song and you'll stay dry!

Don't forget to get a Green Eggs and Ham sandwich in Seuss Landing - they serve it in a box, and you can eat it, sitting on the rocks

• Race Car Driver

oh you will have so much fun.... we were there this year and last year.

I loved the mummy returns ride.... very very good.
    Hulk coaster..... love that too
    Dragons.......... must do both
    I love Universal Orlando............. Right from the moment you park your car and get on the moving sidewalks......... Loud music........ I don't know what else to say, But that is a great place. You will have so much Fun there...
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe

Universal Studios Orlando
    • Curious George
    Okay... so wow. A lot that you listed are also at the Hollywood park. But I must say I am curious about Curious George. I just looked on their web site and there is
    Quote Originally Posted by Universalstudios.com
    Follow the footsteps of that mischievous monkey in this childrenís play area.
    I am excited for this new film and this is all they have. Hopefully more to come I guess?

Thank you all for your tips and information so far! You have been quite helpful.

• Banned User

Okay... so wow. A lot that you listed are also at the Hollywood park. But I must say I am curious about Curious George. I just looked on their web site and there is I am excited for this new film and this is all they have. Hopefully more to come I guess?

Thank you all for your tips and information so far! You have been quite helpful.

Curious George is 2 parts.. A water play area.. (walk/run to not get wet.. And a DRY Foam Ball Area!!!! (FUN AREA!!!!!!! ) Both are unique.. but the ball area is fun to get a friend on the other side or down below and get targets.... before the targets get you...

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Curious George is 2 parts.. A water play area.. (walk/run to not get wet.. And a DRY Foam Ball Area!!!! (FUN AREA!!!!!!! ) Both are unique.. but the ball area is fun to get a friend on the other side or down below and get targets.... before the targets get you...
    It does sound interesting.... Although probably not my mom's cup of tea.

What about characters? I enjoy meeting characters. At Univeral Hollywood I remember meeting Nickeloden characters, Hercules, and my favorites -- the boys from the Wild, Wild West Stunt show.

I also read that you can meet the Marvel comic characters (Superman too?) and I would assume Shrek is there too?

• Diamond In The Rough

IMO 2 of the best parks there are - here's my view.

Must do's -

IOA
    SpiderMan - best dark ride ever. hands down.
    Jurassic Park River Adventure - It's a water ride with just the one (quite big) drop, but a great story and superb AAs
    Dudley Do-Right Ripsaw Falls - great flume ride.
    Popeye Bilge-Rat Barges - Best rapids ride there is, but you will get SOAKED!
    Cat In The Hat - pure fun

USO
    Terminator 2 3-D - a great mix of stunts, in theatre effects and 3D, a personal fave.
    Jaws - think of it as an extreme Jungle Cruise. Make sure you sit on the left.
    Men In Black - a Buzz Lightyear-style shoot em up. Tip - be the first to press the button when it lights up for super-bonus!
    Back To The Future - getting a bit old, but the pre-show and ride vehicles make it a must.
    Revenge Of The Mummy - a great dark ride with an indoor coaster section that's not too wild.

Maybe's -

IOA
    Hulk - my fave coaster, but appears on this list because coasters aren't your thing.
    Jurassic Park Discovery Centre - great themeing and lots to see and do. If you're lucky you might see a baby triceratops or a raptor being born.
    Duelling Dragons - again, great coaster(s) with one of the best themed queues anywhere.
    One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish - great fun as you steer you fish to avoid (or hit) the water squirts.

USO
    Jimmy Neutron - more enjoyable if you are familiar with the Nick characters, but a fun simulator regardless.
    Shrek 4-D - worth catching at least once, but skip it if you've seen it be before.
    Curious George - great place to cool off as you get very wet.
    E.T - similar to the USH one (R.I.P) so skip if you need to.
    Earthquake - a very lame pre-show followed by a great effects ride.

Skip It -

IOA
    Storm Force Acceletron - themed tea cups.
    Pteranodon Flyers - lame sky ride.
    Eighth Voyage Of Sinbad - a not very exciting stunt show.
    Twister - disappointing sfx attraction.

Shows worth catching -

USO
    Horror Make Up Show - if you need a break from rides this show is worth catching - funny.
    Beetlejuice Graveyard Revue - Beetlejuice and the classic Universal monsters put on a song-n -dance that's better than I expected.
    Blues Brothers - classic tunes.

Plus, you should try to be around for the Superhero meet n greet at IOA, have a chat with the fountain outside Sinbad and track down a Jurassic character in the Discovery center.
    Sorry for the extra long post, but hope this is of use.

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

It does sound interesting.... Although probably not my mom's cup of tea.

What about characters? I enjoy meeting characters. At Univeral Hollywood I remember meeting Nickeloden characters, Hercules, and my favorites -- the boys from the Wild, Wild West Stunt show.

I also read that you can meet the Marvel comic characters (Superman too?) and I would assume Shrek is there too?
    Well, Universl Orlando just got a brand new indoor Shrek Meet & Greet with Shrek & Donkey. Donkey is AA Figure. Here a linke to the Shrek thing with a picture,http://www.ioacentral.com/forum/topi...96&whichpage=2 I believe the studios have the following characters, Crash Bandicoot, The Rugrats, Jimmy Neutron, Blue Brothers, Scooby Doo, Curious George, Man In The Yellow Hat, Woody Woodpecker, and some other characters.

Islands has Spider-Man, Wolverine, Captain America, Storm, Gambit, Popeye, Olive Oil, Bullwinkle, Merlin, Cat In The Hat, and others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast