Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• done

USH giving away free APs!

My husband got a flyer/brochure thing in the mail this week (no idea what mailing list they might have gotten his name and address from, since he's not ever had an AP there or anything), advertising Universal Studios Hollywood, including their new Fear Factor attraction/show and various characters. And included are various discount coupons (save $15 on a one-day ticket for up to 6 people, annual pass for $53 for up to 6 people), but also included is a coupon for a free general admission ticket or a free ANNUAL PASS with blackout dates, whichever you choose. With how much they're touting Fear Factor Live and it being smack in the middle of summer, you'd figure they wouldn't have to bribe people into coming by giving them a free AP, but things must be bad for them to be this desperate.

And even with it being free, we're not getting an AP. Can't even give APs away.

BTW, any arachnophobes out there hating the Fear Factor Live billboards all over L.A.? I figure they've only put them up locally and not elsewhere. I have two friends who seriously hate spiders, and I know that at least one of them cringes at the sight of those billboards, and she can't even really look at it. What really sucks for her is that there's one of those billboards right near her house. The picture on that billboard is on one side of the flyer/brochure, btw, so be pre-warned. I've already warned her in case she gets one of these things.

• Circle of Ancients

^ If you don't want it, I will take it. Our Universal AP's expire in September.

The parks actually starting to grow on me.

• Banned User

doesn't general admission get you that AP with black out and no discounts.. but is plastic??

• Parmageddon Jim

I'm curious as to whether I'm supposed to respond in exactly the same way to every OP with the exact same wording on multiple message boards. Bambi at the Academy (saw it), Jedi Mickey Beanie Baby (blecch), kids on shoulders (who cares, move), people that are scared of pictures of spiders (please), and the new soda fountain (looking forward to it).

I'm just asking.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

• Disney Dream 10/23!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gn2Dlnd
    I'm curious as to whether I'm supposed to respond in exactly the same way to every OP with the exact same wording on multiple message boards. Bambi at the Academy (saw it), Jedi Mickey Beanie Baby (blecch), kids on shoulders (who cares, move), people that are scared of pictures of spiders (please), and the new soda fountain (looking forward to it).

I'm just asking.
    huh? :confused:

I really liked universal, in spite of myself. you should really give it a try, especially if it's free.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

I got my free ticket today, so did my friend and so did my cousin. Of course im gonna take the annual pass offer, who would wants the one day offer, thats stupid to make that a choice. Universal Studios Hollywood must really be poor, they extend the annual pass offer way too much and if you got to the park right now, it's achoice of the annual pass or $15 off regular price. Damn, there really desperate. I remember when I got in free for the age 15 and under offer, that was sweet. Seems like USH will be free for me all year long, I know they want my food and merchandise money, but they won't get it, lol.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

I got that card in the mail too. At first I had to call them to ask what was the catch. Then when I was at the ticket booth, they guy asked me if I wanted to use it as a one day pass or a 12 month pass. I laughed at him and said what would you think.
    Then since my dr's office is out that way, I figured why not go afterwards instead of sitting in our lovely traffic. So when I was there on wednesday, I thought of upgrading it. That way, I don't have to pay 10 bucks right off the start for the parking. I really didn't think they would let me do it, since I had gotten it for free. But when the lady gave me the price of the upgrade as if I had bought the pass for 63 dollors, she said it would be 46 bucks and then she gave me 10 dollors back for the parking that I had paid for that day. So a premium pass that was only 36 bucks is not that bad. I really didn't think they would do that because if they scanned the bar code, I thought they would see I had gotten it for free. Well maybe I was just lucky. I do like the thing they have. You can pay 19.95+tax and they give you a wrist band and you can eat all day on that. You get your main meal a side, a drink and a dessert. And from what my friend who was with me that first day who is a big guy, you can go thru the line as many times as you want as he said. And I figured if you are there all day, it pays off. Becuase of what I spent for lunch, it would have cost me around 15 bucks. And even if you want just a drink or a snack it works too. In the upperlot, its only good at Mels dinner, and this Italian place. Which the pizza was pretty good. And then at the lower lot, the place near Jurrastic park.
    They still are not my favorite park. But for free its a nice way to spend the afternoon when I am out that way.
    I still wish they would bring back the wild west stunt show. But that place is still empty after now about 4 or 5 yrs.
    Now the ticket didn't say you could have up to 5 others for free, but they asked me how many? If I had known that, I would have asked some to go with me that day and then 5 more would have gotten in for free.
    And even for free, I am not sure I will go as often as I do DL. But its something to do when its to hot to stay in the apt.
    o A mouse a day, keeps the blues away. o

• done

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    ^ If you don't want it, I will take it. Our Universal AP's expire in September.
    The coupon has my husband's name on it, so unless you've got ID with my husband's name, it wouldn't do you any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gn2Dlnd

I'm just asking.
    I think you did...

• Feeling A Bit Oogie

I went to Fear Factor Live the other day, it's a very well produced show. The challenges may not change from day to day, but the people do, so that means different reactions and different ways they are played. I say go for the APs, the cool thing about universal is that you can probably go on everything in the park at least once, and now that Jurassic Park guarantees to get you wet, which it does, it's a good thing for the summer. That food deal $20 bucks for free food all day works if you have a group. money saving and you get good food.

Universal is coming back up as a competitor for disneyland. (very slowly)
    ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Hey, at least it is a lot better than DCA
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    I have to agree with you on that one. But the laste few times we have visited Universal Hollywood I have to say that we have purchased an AP. The cost made it better to just do that. Then we went the third day for a little bit and left during mid-day. Why not? We needed to safe most of our energy for Disneyland anywhoo. So this AP thing does sound odd to me since it appeared that SO many visitors bought them to begin with.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Actually, since "D" comes before "U", DCA is automatically going to be ranked higher than Universal Studios!

• Minion

hey i'll take it too I love US
    Evil is lurking behind the matterhorn........ wait, that's just Mickey

• CM for 4 years!

Re: USH giving away free APs!

Uhhh... can someone send me their card if they ain't gonna use it..? I haven't been to Universal in about three years, and I am DYING to go!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• done

Re: USH giving away free APs!

So I guess you didn't read where I posted this:

The coupon has my husband's name on it, so unless you've got ID with my husband's name, it wouldn't do you any good.
    I would expect all of them have the addressee's name on it, and you have to show ID proving you're that person to use the coupon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast