• Banned User

Universal Studios FL

Hmmm... I took a quick walk around Universal FL today as I just got the "2-yr AP for the price of One yr" deal..

I have not been to Universal since the great DONNA SUMMER performed there for Mardi Gras last spring. Today... I noticed something different inside the park: NO hip-hop music playing!

One of my biggest complaints at Universal were the constant and loud hip hop music they were playing over the loudspeakers like.. all over the park, giving the place an instant ghetto feeling I was not interested in.

However... today's music, especially in the Hollywood area was true old-time Hollywood... and quite adecuate for the area and the theme. KUDOS. No more objectionable rap crap with violent images and bad language.. Universal may slowly be coming back home to it's roots, and that's a good thing.

I hope they keep it up.

Blog Entries

Re: Universal Studios FL

Universal has made some nice but subtle changes since their change in leadership late last year. They're not perfect, but I still love that place, and that 2 years for 1 deal is wonderful.

I visit Universal all the time and have been a passholder for years and have NEVER... EVER.. heard loud, violent, offensive rap/hip-hop music played on the speakers.

I have heard hip-hop music played on special occasions like New Year's or whenever else they have dance areas and DJ's set-up around the park.

But besides "O.P.P." by Naughty By Nature played in World Expo along with another random mix of songs (Michael & Janet Jackson's "Scream" among others), Universal does not play rap music around its parks.

• ...TWO BITS!

I think they play rap for those break dancers near the exit shop for TWISTER. I video recorded them but I don't feel like it's necessary to put them on youtube.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by easy View Post
    I visit Universal all the time and have been a passholder for years and have NEVER... EVER.. heard loud, violent, offensive rap/hip-hop music played on the speakers.

I have heard hip-hop music played on special occasions like New Year's or whenever else they have dance areas and DJ's set-up around the park.

But besides "O.P.P." by Naughty By Nature played in World Expo along with another random mix of songs (Michael & Janet Jackson's "Scream" among others), Universal does not play rap music around its parks.
    I used to have an AP at Universal up to two years ago before renewing again this past week, and I am here to tell you I know what I am talking about. I went to Guest Services severaltimes to complain about the type of music that was being played over the loudspeakers... and NO, it was not during special events (like breakdancing shows or Mardi Gras). It was during normal times at the park.

I've been an AP holder for the past six years. Count me as another person whose never heard violent rap music in USF. Do they often play generic radio mixes? Yes, but certainly nothing hardcore. I actually don't mind it that much since most of the park represents real cities where real music could theoretically be played without breaking theme. And to Universal's credit, IOA has the most memorable & unique soundtrack of all the parks.
    Last edited by JtnOrl; 06-24-2007 at 10:53 PM.

Blog Entries

The only area that I heard any type of pop music in the past 6 times I've visited have been in the carnival type areas around San Francisco. I think it was supposed to make it feel like a streetside carnival or fair or something. I never heard anything violent, except violently bad music to my ears like Ricky Martin. But it was out of place in a theme park. The Hollywood areas, and other areas have always been themed the last few times I've been. If they've themed the rest of it better I'm very happy.

IOA has always been themed, except for Marvel Island, but even it has somewhat of a theme to its musical selections.

• Circle of Ancients

TDLFAN never said it was "Violent" rap music. It was hip-hop that didn't fit the theme of the park.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    And to Universal's credit, IOA has the most memorable & unique soundtrack of all the parks.
    Islands of Adventure does have great music flowing through the park. It's more like a Disney park in this regard, with carefully selected background music suitable for each land.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Blog Entries

Agreed, the music in some areas of USF has been bad. It has been getting better in some areas for a while now. Last time I was there though San Francisco was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    TDLFAN never said it was "Violent" rap music.
    He did, actually.

One of my biggest complaints at Universal were the constant and loud hip hop music they were playing over the loudspeakers like.. all over the park, giving the place an instant ghetto feeling I was not interested in.

However... today's music, especially in the Hollywood area was true old-time Hollywood... and quite adecuate for the area and the theme. KUDOS. No more objectionable rap crap with violent images and bad language.. Universal may slowly be coming back home to it's roots, and that's a good thing.

hey TDL Fan did you remark that Universal Orlando was busy even Island of Adventure .

Hulk had 80 Minutes wait but i don't know how many train were running . The Dragons had 50 Minutes Wait .

I don't want to see the Entire Queue Line Filled up that means that is packed lol