Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Re: Universal Hollywood - Mummy Ride

Indiana Space Mountain is what I've heard a few people refer to Mummy as...

• The Candidate

More like Gadget's Go Coaster in the dark with the exception that a portion of it runs backwards.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

I haven't seen a Vekoma Rollerskater go 45 mph, but I'll take your word for it

Isn't it partially a dark ride?

• Minion

I think USH could be so much cooler than it is right now. Nothing beats the Tram tour, even though it can get stale after too many visits. I think the park has a lot of potential, but they continually cut budgets...

Jurassic Park just needs a complete refurbishment. I would suggest closing it down and redoing it for the upcoming release of Jurassic Park 4...

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    I think USH could be so much cooler than it is right now. Nothing beats the Tram tour, even though it can get stale after too many visits. I think the park has a lot of potential, but they continually cut budgets...

Jurassic Park just needs a complete refurbishment. I would suggest closing it down and redoing it for the upcoming release of Jurassic Park 4...
    The tram tour is not as good as it used to be. They haven't added anything new to it in the longest time and they don't give as many interesting facts as they used to.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DifrntDrmr
    The tram tour is not as good as it used to be. They haven't added anything new to it in the longest time and they don't give as many interesting facts as they used to.
    I've been on it in the past 5 months and I heard quite a bit of interesting new facts. It all depends on who's giving the tour...

And what are you talking about! There's the whole War of the World's Plane Wreck set that you get to drive through!

• Disney fans for life!

When Vivendi took over USH, they totally sterilized the Tram tour. They threw out all of the old movie artifacts that use to "decorate" the tram route. It was interesting to see all of the old time items with some new stuff added as they went along. It always made the Tram a new experience each time that you rode on it. You never knew what you might see (prop from a recent movie, vehicle, etc.).

Vivendi also did away with Halloween Horror Nights. Booooooo!

Now that NBC is running things, I have noticed an improvement with the Park.

Time will tell...

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    I've been on it in the past 5 months and I heard quite a bit of interesting new facts. It all depends on who's giving the tour...

And what are you talking about! There's the whole War of the World's Plane Wreck set that you get to drive through!
    Ten or fifteen years ago, you used to get an actual tour. There were things they told you then that I haven't heard repeated in years. Plus, I've had tram drivers just make things up in more recent tours. Stuff that I knew from other sources wasn't right or things that totally contradicted what they used to say.

The War of the World's set is just from the movie (and I was surprised how little it was used for how intricate it appears!) I was talking about stuff like Earthquake, the flood or King Kong.

I also hate how they also now use scipts to direct you to the action in the attractions portions. "Look on the left side there is an exploding tanker!" They should just let you take it in.

• Disney fans for life!

Yeah, I agree. Impromptu is much better. The monitors in the trams are a nice idea, but they are used poorly. I hate the scripted parts. They get old too quick.

That is what I really liked about the Tram tour in the past. The guides had something different to talk about each trip, since various props, vehicles and what-not were sitting alongside the Tram route. It kept you interested.

That excited feeling of "what's new on the Tram route" has been long-gone since Vivendi cleared everything out. I mean, how many times can you experience the banana breath before it gets tiring??? The new/different items kept the Tram fresh, even though the main attractions (Jaws, Quake, Kong, etc.) stayed the same.

• Wonderful World

Waiiiiiiiitttt a minute,there making a Jurasic Park 4??
    I'm back MiceChat

• Where Schemes Come True!

yup...JP4!
    Many Bothans died to bring MiceChat this information.

I'm a Disney fan in Dollywood land!

• The Candidate

The status hasn't been updated since December 2003, so I wonder if the project is still alive.

• Functional & Decorative

I'm still reeling from this magnificant quote:

Bring back ET!
    I'm a Disney Fan. I'm an ACE member. I like everything. Except the ET ride. Worst ride ever. I've never been on a ride where the queue was better than the ride itself. I even once dated a designer for that ride... and he hated it even more than I did. (But work is work...)

Back on topic, I actually like the Mummy ride at USH. Okay, so maybe it's not the most thrilling ride, or the fastest, etc. But it's fun. I'm a local AP to USH, and ride it all the time. And every time I exit, I constantly hear how much the GP love it... especially kids (but adults aren't bored either). I think USH set out to build a "family" ride, and successfully did so. Good for them! Although I will agree that it's short, but as already mentioned, they only had so much space. They've since slowed the cars down during the dark ride portion, so that helps a bit.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• The Candidate

But do you think that it lives up to the pre-opening hype? I thought that there was a tremendous gap between what they said the ride would be and what it actually was.

Have you been able to find the golden ET?

I liked the ride a lot better before I rode Aerosmith coaster at MGM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast