Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Disney fans for life!

Re: Universal Hollywood - Mummy Ride

When we were there in June, I thought that the slow portion of the ride was slower. But I figured that it was just my imagination, or from being used to it from riding it so many times.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I didn't go on it the first time my family went on it but then they went again so I did too and I actually wanted it to be more scary. the part I liked was the launch.

Also it isn't pitch black like the comercials say I could see the track pretty well and the mummys on the boards around you are soooo dumb and remind me of signs on freeways. But if I go to US again I will ride it if it has little wait.

P.S. the finally really stunk...

• done

I didn't care for the E.T. ride itself that much, but I loved the queue.

I went on Mummy a couple weeks ago, and I couldn't believe how incredibly lame it is. "Not enough room" is a total cop-out. I'd much rather go on Gadget's. Heck, I'd rather go on Pooh.

Oh my I so remember Halloween Horror Nights. The first year blew away Knotts Scary Farm by a mile. The tram tour in the dark was so freaky and not knowing if something was going to creep up at you was great. Too bad the subsequent years they took that out. Oh it was fun.

But yes the tram tour has seen better days. I was their last saturday and noticed that the old creeky bridge was not used. Oh how I miss the old days where they had the fake boulders rolling down the hill towards the tram. Or the days of Battlestar Galactica and the cylons, the runaway train, the older tram stop in the middle of the tour where one got pretend he was the Six Million Dollar man and lift up a car. The old Jelly like figurines one could buy out of those little machines. Yep, NBC has a lot to try and live up too.

BRING BACK HOLLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS WITH THE TRAM TOUR!!! Imagine the scenes they could with all of their special effects people creating the side shows on the tour.

Quote Originally Posted by DznyVan
    When Vivendi took over USH, they totally sterilized the Tram tour. They threw out all of the old movie artifacts that use to "decorate" the tram route. It was interesting to see all of the old time items with some new stuff added as they went along. It always made the Tram a new experience each time that you rode on it. You never knew what you might see (prop from a recent movie, vehicle, etc.).

Vivendi also did away with Halloween Horror Nights. Booooooo!

Now that NBC is running things, I have noticed an improvement with the Park.

Time will tell...

• No Longer The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by lyd
    Oh my I so remember Halloween Horror Nights. The first year blew away Knotts Scary Farm by a mile. The tram tour in the dark was so freaky and not knowing if something was going to creep up at you was great. Too bad the subsequent years they took that out. Oh it was fun.

BRING BACK HOLLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS WITH THE TRAM TOUR!!! Imagine the scenes they could with all of their special effects people creating the side shows on the tour.
    Even if the Horror Nights came back, I don't think that the tram tour will return. The reason that it was stopped is that one of the cast members was run over. If memory serves me correct, they died.

• Banned User

Then bring back the tram tour part.. but have the spooks behind a boundry... how hard is that??

oh..

Mummy at universal hollywood is not bad.. but it has less of a story line.. it is hard to understand that the solar eclips is what controls his power and hen it ends he dies... and there is no comedy.. or fake station in that one.. but the backwards section is not bad...

To be honest, I am a little embarrassed that I was a little scared to go on MUMMY. The warning signs at the entrance are very intimidating ... ! But it is very tame.

It is indeed a smooth rollercoaster through some lame, non-scary sets, but there is a LAUNCH which for some can be a reason to avoid a rollercoaster. You might want to take that into consideration.
    I think someone has left the shower running ...
    --Tiki Bird Jose

• ROFLCOPTER

The Revenge of The Mummy ride at USF isn't that great either. The Scarab effect is very un-realistic and the stupid 'Pop up Mummy' part is boring. The AA Inohtept? is very impressive, I will give them points for that......
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Goofy
    The Revenge of The Mummy ride at USF isn't that great either. The Scarab effect is very un-realistic and the stupid 'Pop up Mummy' part is boring. The AA Inohtept? is very impressive, I will give them points for that......
    Which is better?? FL or CA?

I say FL due top the false unloading and how it gives you the feeling what you ridden was not just fantasy... That and the effects can be fixed.. and when the AA Imotep works.. It is awesome...

• Functional & Decorative

Just was at USH today, riding Mummy again. Mixed news. On the good side, all the cars (or at least the 3 that I rode) have the foot ticklers now installed and working.

On the bad side, many of the effects were off today. Only one soldier fell before the launch, none of the fire effects at the end were on, only one "final" smoke blast appeared, and on 2 of the 3 rides, the in-car sound/music was out. On a side note, I also took a ride on Jurassic, and neither the final water effect or T-rex at the end were on. Although oddly enough, the car still fell.

I know Universal is no Disney in comparison to quality... but this was a pretty dismal day in the park. Fortunately, it wasn't crowded, the staff is actually still nice and friendly, and I actually got a tour guide that told a few jokes! I know it's the end of the summer season, but I expected a little bit better.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Walt Disney Disciple

Glad to see I wasn't the only one underwhelmed by this ride (though I agree the ET ride wasn't very good so this is an improvement -- at least for those tall enough to ride). We waited maybe 5-10 mins which was perfect for this ride -- if we waited an hour we would have been very upset.

What I don't understand is the park guide indicates this ride is "rated #1". Rated #1? By who? The Universal employees who will lose their jobs otherwise?
    Kevin Crossman
    Disneyland and Disney California Adventure fan
    Disney's Animal Kingdom Fans: http://twitter.com/AnimKingdomFans

• done

Quote Originally Posted by kevdo
    What I don't understand is the park guide indicates this ride is "rated #1". Rated #1? By who? The Universal employees who will lose their jobs otherwise?
    Rated #1 of all rides themed to "The Mummy" in California...

• No Longer The Candidate

It was either that or the tunnel on the Tram Tour!

• Official Mice Chat person

Hmm.. I thought this ride was supposed to be amazing... I'll still give it a try if I ever get to USH.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I'd just like to say...bring a 4 year old on this ride? You've got to be kidding me. 7, I'd say, depending on how badly your kid wants to go on it. The ride is rather fast...and if your kid has any phobias, they will be tested. My boyfriend has clausterphobia and the first few rides weren't easy for him.

Rather ride Gadget's or Pooh? Wow. I think that's going too far...I sense a Disney bias in this thread, but hey, I won't judge

Yeah, I'm a passholder myself and I went to the park yesterday. Mummy effects weren't working much at all. But I don't blame that on the ride, I blame that on management. They had a power outage in the morning and Shrek had to be closed for a while.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast