Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Universal Hollywood - Mummy Ride

It's tough to not ba a passholder at USH these days. They've had that buy a day, get a year free thing for a few years now. Good deal.

We've been Ap'ers there since about '89. Now our renewals are for 18 months, rather than 12.

We enjoy the Park and will continue to renew. We did expect great things from the NBC purchase though. We'll wait and see...

• xmanmom

Just went to Universal on New Year's Eve for the first time since they took ET out and put in the Mummy ride. Intially I was upset because I like ET (not Disney but it was cute to a gen xer like me who grew up on ET) and considering the park has so few rides and attractions already I thought it was ridiculous. I don't expect a whole lot from USH so I was happy with The Mummy. It was the only ride or attraction that I wanted to go on twice.

We had originally planned to go two days because we got the season pass dealie, but even my budget minded boyfriend realized by the end of the day that we would be much better off spending the $150 to go to DLR for a day, even though we just spent three days there in September!

Back on topic though, I thought the Mummy was pretty fun, although not an extreme coaster. I liked that it seemed like a slow dark ride and you had no idea when the roller coaster lauch would come. On the first ride you could see the surprise/excitement on my face in the picture. On the second I looked like I was preparing to have tea, hands folded, head back, with a sweet smile on my face. So yeah, twice is probably the limit.

I really hated the fact that I had to use a locker to stow my stuff. It was free for an hour and a half, so we had the time to ride twice, but it just seemed like an unneccessary hassle. If Indy, California Screamin' and Space can accommodate my bag, why can't Mummy?

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by lisaboo
    I really hated the fact that I had to use a locker to stow my stuff. It was free for an hour and a half, so we had the time to ride twice, but it just seemed like an unneccessary hassle. If Indy, California Screamin' and Space can accommodate my bag, why can't Mummy?
    At least they don't charge for it like Six Flags.

• xmanmom

Very true, if they had charged for the locker then I probably wouldn't have bothered to go on the ride at all. And it was a neat locker system that I had never seen before, what with the fancy finger scanning and whatnot!

• done

Quote Originally Posted by startours4ever
    The only reason the Revenge of the Mummy for USH didn't meet expectations was because their wasn't enough room. For all of the people who went on it, you have to admit, it was one of the smoothest rides on a coaster.
    Yeah, it was the smoothest 4 seconds of my life.

The smoothness of the ride is irrelevant when it's such a short lame ride. If they didn't have the room to do it right or even well, then they shouldn't have done it at all. I feel the same way about the Atlantis ride at Sea World San Diego. The Orlando version is awesome. The San Diego version is a bore.

Yes, it was nothing. The line was only a few people long and i did not want to go back on.

Red Face Re: Universal Hollywood - Mummy Ride & the past

Quote Originally Posted by DifrntDrmr
    Ten or fifteen years ago, you used to get an actual tour. There were things they told you then that I haven't heard repeated in years. Plus, I've had tram drivers just make things up in more recent tours. Stuff that I knew from other sources wasn't right or things that totally contradicted what they used to say.

The War of the World's set is just from the movie (and I was surprised how little it was used for how intricate it appears!) I was talking about stuff like Earthquake, the flood or King Kong.

I also hate how they also now use scipts to direct you to the action in the attractions portions. "Look on the left side there is an exploding tanker!" They should just let you take it in.
    When I ride the backlot tram I give my own backlot tour from the past like for example when i was here back in the 80s they filmed Knight Rider and over those BLGS is a lot we used to go around and see the lot where there where 8 K.I.T.T. and 3 BTTF cars parked for us to see ect... and honestly im not even paying attention to the current tour and video cause i am busy taking pictures of things nobody is looking at and should be NOT what they tell you. Its the off in the corner things you should be looking at. I remember i was up front near the driver and he was looking at me like look over there (in earth quake refering to the falling semi) but I was taking in everything that i never botherd to. He just looked at me like im crazy...but I like what nobody cares about the real movie secrets and secrets of the rides esp after seeing them for so long as a kid you dont think of that.

As far as the mummy they should have kept E.T.!!

CG
    I was happy when there was a prop plaza to play around on.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Yeah, I liked "lifting up" the A-Team Van in that area.

We had a detour in our tram ride last month due to filming and went by the vehicle storage area. We saw quite a few cars for Fast & Furiuos 3, including a car carrier full of some more. We also saw two Columbo cars parked next to each other.

I'm always looking the other way, too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234