Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• "There's always my way"

Official Halloween Horror Nights 17 Announcement

Screamscape.com reported last night the first official announcement from Universal Studios about this year's Halloween Horror Nights. The official HHN website (www.halloweenhorrornights.com) has been already launched to reflect this year's event. See report below:

(6/27/07) In a conference call held today with Jim Timon, Senior VP of Entertainment at Universal Orlando, some new exciting details about this year's Halloween Horror Nights were revealed. For the first time Universal Orlando, Universal Studios Hollywood and New Line Cinema will be working together to bring the worlds of Freddy, Jason and Leatherface to life in ways never seen before.

The adventure will begin tomorrow when they launch the new HalloweenHorrorNights.com website. Over the next couple of months the backstory behind the gathering of the deadly trio at Halloween Horror Nights will begin to unfold.
    While many of the exact details were not released yet we do know a few things. The Orlando version will take place in Universal Studios Florida park. While they were not ready to confirm how many different haunted houses or scare zones there would be, they did promise that this year will be bigger and better than before. It was also mentioned that the front gate to the parks on both coasts will be transformed in a unique way to really let everyone know that they have arrived in a new and different place. When asked if we will see any of the past icons (Jack, Caretaker, Director, Storyteller, etc) at the park this year, we were told that anything is possible at this point and you just never know who might pop up.
    Itís a fairly certain bet at this point that there will not be a parade in Orlando again this year. There is also the possibility that the actors behind Freddy, Jason and Leatherface could make appearances at both Hollywood and Orlando parks at some point, though details still have to be worked out.
    For those of you in the industry who may be unable to visit Halloween Horror Nights but are planning on attending IAAPA in Orlando in November, they are currently talking about leaving a couple of the haunted houses set up once HHN ends so that they can conduct special IAAPA group tours of the haunts to show off how they do it.
    Universal is excited about this new positive relationship forged with New Line Cinema which they hope will extent into other projects beyond this one. Movie fans will be quick to note that New Line was behind the Lord of the Rings trilogy which has yet to be signed up for any theme park chain at this point. So you just never know what could evolve from this new partnership.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

Re: Official Halloween Horror Nights 17 Announcement

All I can say is it is about time and they better not screw it up. Having these three characters together makes worth it while to give them a second chance.
    Sheesh, Is it Halloween yet?
    By the way it's not makeup it's jaundice.

http://www.reveles.net

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i say a big BOO!!! to New Line....i've been grumpy at them ever since they screwed over Knotts when Knotts used to prominently feature Freddy as an annual part of the The Hanging.

Its not like USH did a very good job of featuring many horror icons last year in that pathetic excuse for a maze they had in the Van Helsing building. {sarcasm}oh look, its a blood covered Carrie.....just...standing there....with no themeing....{/sarcasm}
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

all i have to say about this is i cant ffreackin wait !
    "I Love A Good Thrill"- Lorena C

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

Universal is excited about this new positive relationship forged with New Line Cinema which they hope will extent into other projects beyond this one.
    freddy vs. jason 2?

overall the event sounds like it will be cool, but I still hope that jack is there
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Diamond In The Rough

This announcement has won me over - although we're going to be at WDW in Oct and had a couple of days at Uni planned now I will be going to HHN too. (Before the Freddy/Jason/Leatherface announcement I didn't care enough to try to beg my wife-to-be that we should go. Now she's agreed as long I'm there to protect her
    I loves me some Vorhees!

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

hey what happened i went to the website but there was nothing new
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm still scarred from when Jason chased me with a chainsaw through a maze one Halloween.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I'm still scarred from when Jason chased me with a chainsaw through a maze one Halloween.

Jason... Chainsaw... Halloween?!?!

That screwed it up already.

like KrITeR said they've screwed it up jason NEVER used a chainsaw, the closest thing to it was in seven when he used a weedwacker with a metal blade
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

It was probably someone with a hockey mask but not Jason. What I hear is that Universal is going to pay tribute to these characters. Expect them not to screw this up. They have done a really good job with HHN for the past couple of years. Now that it is back at the Studios again, they will take advantage of the more space to play around with. Expect this year to be big.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• Diamond In The Rough

Got my "Frequent Fear" tickets so that, wife permitting, I can visit HHN 17 more than once...

Quote Originally Posted by PeaJay18 View Post
    Got my "Frequent Fear" tickets so that, wife permitting, I can visit HHN 17 more than once...
    I would love to get that Frequent Fear pass. I always feel that there's something left that I didn't see. Well, I've gone for the past 3 years and I still have not seen the Bill & Ted show.

• Diamond In The Rough

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT1982 View Post
    I would love to get that Frequent Fear pass. I always feel that there's something left that I didn't see. Well, I've gone for the past 3 years and I still have not seen the Bill & Ted show.
    I've never been at all myself, but I read about HHN every year and wish I could. The "All Nite Die In" house last year looked fantastic!
    Adding an "official" Jason to the mix this year tipped me over the edge and I decided to go for it.

The offer at the moment is that the Frequent Fear ticket is the same price as a standard one-night ticket, but it lets you go EVERY Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday, the first Friday & Saturday and Halloween night itself. Too good to pass up.

I plan to spend one night experiencing the houses and scare zones, and another checking out Bill & Ted then riding the attractions
    (always wanted to try Jaws in the dark!)

Quote Originally Posted by PeaJay18 View Post
    I've never been at all myself, but I read about HHN every year and wish I could. The "All Nite Die In" house last year looked fantastic!
    Adding an "official" Jason to the mix this year tipped me over the edge and
    This house was cool but it was next to Screamhouse, which in my opinion was the best house last year. Run was also cool and very gory.

I plan to spend one night experiencing the houses and scare zones, and another checking out Bill & Ted then riding the attractions
    (always wanted to try Jaws in the dark!)
    If you plan to see the attractions, I recommend the Express Pass to skip the lines for the houses. You may buy yourself extra time to see the attractions and to re-visit any of the houses.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast