Thread: Zorro & Elena

• ...TWO BITS!

Zorro & Elena

Video I recorded of Zorro & Elena's swordfight in Universal Studios Hollywood. I think they call this area "Western Street". Recorded 06/27/07. Yeah, that's a Wednesday. Wicked Wednesday. Unfortunately Youtube is doing maintenance right now and won't let me upload my 4 part video of the performance. So enjoy this cool little show for now.

QUESTION: I thought I saw a pic of Zorro & Elena in Universal Studios Florida. If they're there, where are they usually? And do they do a little swordfight like in Hollywood?

LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3CKd29lmtY

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

Re: Zorro & Elena

FF11 you always have the most interesting videos

p.s. have you ever seen van helsing around the park, i saw a video of him fighting a zombie
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    QUESTION: I thought I saw a pic of Zorro & Elena in Universal Studios Florida. If they're there, where are they usually? And do they do a little swordfight like in Hollywood?
    Yes, they appear in USF. Usually in the Hollywood area. I've never seen them carrying swords though.

• ...TWO BITS!

QUESTION: Anyone recall when this started?

Thanks JtnOrl.

Thanks thrax . I think Van Helsing is officially retired from the parks along with the maze attraction. Universal's rights were expired to use the character I believe. He should return for Halloween Horror Nights . I also say the video of Van Helsing fighting the zombie. I think that was during the regular day operating hours before the 2006 Halloween Horror Nights. Just my guess.

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    I think Van Helsing is officially retired from the parks along with the maze attraction. Universal's rights were expired to use the character I believe.
    Van Helsing was a Universal film, so I'd assume they hold all rights to the characters. Van Helsing is still the main "theme" of the Horror Make-Up Show at USF. The pre-show room contains many props from the film and it's mentioned several times during the show itself.

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Hmm. Good point about the stage show. Well there was a lengthy discussion before about how the original copyright holders, I think Bromstroker or something, had a contract with Universal that recently expired hence why the maze theme left. So maybe Universal is allowed to keep the movie references in the Special Effects show... Honestly I haven't been inside that show since the change, I should check it out again.

Honestly, I liked the movie. It was a good popcorn flick. I'm sorry Universal didn't think it made them enough money to give a greenlight to the sequel.

-Jurassic Park

Blog Entries

yes they appear as face characters outside the little spanish looking villas in the hollywood section but I've never seen them do anything more than just sign autographs and pose for pictures.

• Drunk On Disney

Taken last year in USF.

They only posed for photos, nothing more that I saw.

BTW, they are standing in front of a re-creation of the (once) very famous Hollywood apartment complex Garden of Allah.
    http://gardenofallah.com/GOA_origpic7.asp

Here is some information from wiki:
    The Garden of Allah was a famous apartment complex in West Hollywood, California, on Sunset Boulevard between Crescent Heights and Havenhurst, at the east end of the Sunset Strip.
    Although built in a Spanish-Moorish style of architecture, its name did not stem from Islam but from stage and screen actress Alla Nazimova, the original owner. She built her mansion there—originally known as The Garden of Alla at 8080 Sunset Boulevard—and as her film career sagged, built the complex of 25 villas around it in 1927.[1] (The complex, built around the mansion, had the address 8152 Sunset Boulevard.) Nazimova went bankrupt, however, and sold the property, but continued to live in one of the villas on the grounds.
    The Garden of Allah became home to many celebrities and literary figures. F. Scott Fitzgerald lived there for several months in 1937-38 at the beginning of his final sojourn in Hollywood. (He wrote himself a postcard while there: "Dear Scott -- How are you? Have been meaning to come in and see you. I have living [sic] at the Garden of Allah. Yours, Scott Fitzgerald.") Humorist/actor Robert Benchley was a frequent resident. Fitzgerald biographer and lover Sheilah Graham wrote a book about the place called The Garden of Allah (New York: Crown, 1969).
    In spite of the fact that it was among the landmark buildings of the west side of Los Angeles, it was torn down in June 1959 and replaced by a bank. Actor Francis X. Bushman and his wife, who had been at the opening party, attended the closing party as well.

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Nice, thanks. Hmm, different outfit for Elena.

-Jurassic Park

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

but you know who should come out as a face charcter...rick O'Connell from the mummy, he was a cool action hero and I'd like to see him walking about maybe near the mummy ride?
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Why have a face character when we get to see the real deal from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt View Post
    Why have a face character when we get to see the real deal from time to time
    This discussion reminds me of the time Ellen DeGeneres had him hang out in the middle of the ride. Funny stuff.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Nice video. Too funny how Zorro kept talking to the camera!

• ...TWO BITS!

I think eariler in the day, the guy who plays Zorro was karoking at WICKED Wednesday.

And when people walked by, they definately recognized who Zorro was.

-Jurassic Park