• "There's always my way"

Univeral - Harry Potter attraction rumor

Screamscape has posted a rumor that claims that Universal is working with Creative Kingdoms to create an interactive attraction where guests would purchase a wand and use it at the attraction.

Here's the article:

Screamscape has heard a rumor claiming that Universal Creative may be working with Creative Kingdoms to create a Harry Potter themed interactive adventure based on their MagiQuest adventure system where players buy and create their own magic wands to take with them on a never ending adventure (video promo). This certainly seems like it would be a perfect fit with the Harry Potter crowd with plenty of retail opportunities and would encourage return visits and would be a perfect fit for an attraction build inside the Hogwarts Castle structure. Currently there is a MagiQuest stand alone facility in Myrtle Beach, SC as well as several installations built within a growing number of the Great Wolf Lodge indoor waterpark resorts.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• back to WDW in January

Re: Univeral - Harry Potter attraction rumor

Sounds like they may be giving 'Pal Mickey' a run for his money

• ...TWO BITS!

Personally, I didn't find it too appealing. It may for others. Wondering if perhaps USH would change it's Universal's House of Horrors maze into this MagiQuest then reconvert the place back to a scare maze for HHN. Then again, I also read that the Harry Potter deal ONLY applies to IOA, not at any other Universal park...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    Personally, I didn't find it too appealing. It may for others. Wondering if perhaps USH would change it's Universal's House of Horrors maze into this MagiQuest then reconvert the place back to a scare maze for HHN. Then again, I also read that the Harry Potter deal ONLY applies to IOA, not at any other Universal park...
    From everything I've seen, this only relates to USF. Sadly, with the exception of the inclusion of the Simpsons replacement for Back to the Future (a subject of much controversy in which I am on the minority side, firmly supporting the change), Universal Hollywood is apparently hell-bent on maintaining their third-fourth-fifth-or-sixth-rate attraction status in Southern California.
    Nearly every studio has left Hollywood for cheaper and better facilities elsewhere. Yet, Universal, despite the fact that they are clearly in competition with Disney for tourist dollars, continually insists that they maintain a level of "theme-park" operation of, at best, three to six dated rides and/or shows (Waterworld, Fear Factor, Terminator 2) at the expense of ever eliminating--god forbid--the magic of seeing bland television and movie facades from sitcoms and formulaic dramas which occopy huge spanses of real estate yet provide little "Hollywood magic" for the viewing, paying tourist to take home.
    I firmly belive that Universal Hollywood will be gone as we know it in five to ten years, either replaced by a real Holywood studios without the exorbitant admission fee, or as a real theme park. I genuinely hope for the latter.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Hmmm. Well I agree it looks like they're not really TRYING to make quality, just enough to profit. They really don't merchandise as well as Disney does. The Universal Studio Store in Citywalk is like a cliff-notes of what you can find in the park. But compare The World of Disney store in Disneyland's Downtown Disney, you can pretty much find anything you want. And I think it's lame how USS has these generic "Hollywood" products that can already be found on Hollywood Blvd, and a little less expensive too. Anyway, enough of that rant.

Yeah, USH is not reaching its full potential. I don't know if we'll see the end of USH in 5 to 10 years though... we get plenty of out-of-town and international visitors.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• MA Reader Since 2003

Isnt USH selling off a large portion of land to real estate developers? If so then there will definately be no expansion. Who knows it may be gone soon, replaced with a bunch of condos.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

USH scares me too--I've been worried/annoyed since they closed ET (I love the replacement, at least more than most of their recent attractions but still think they coulda found room for both rides)