• Lincoln and Julie!!!

6 Flags Discovery Kingdom

Has anyone been? We've been planning on going for next weekend but have never been. Prices? Experiences? Great rides or food? Im completely in the dark so any info would be great...Thanks!

• Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!

Smile Re: 6 Flags Discovery Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by TAKINGtheBULLET View Post
    Has anyone been? We've been planning on going for next weekend but have never been. Prices? Experiences? Great rides or food? Im completely in the dark so any info would be great...Thanks!
    I have been a season pass holder for 4 or 5 years and know the park fairly well. regular tickets are like $60 and I just saw a half off promotion at a nearby burger king (look for most fastfood places nearby and you can usually get coupons (I think coke cans have coupons too, in that area... parking $15.

The one experience I would suggest is getting the seafari pass $20 each, buy to the right as you enter the park (good for four animal feedings [lorikeets, giraffe, elephant (ride), dolphins] check schedule for feeding times yada yada yada...
    If you want to see the lions out and about watch the small animal parade from in front of the lions cage. they get excited when they see the pygmy goat go bye : )
    Also the maboomboom show is cool! not extremely elaborate but very cool acrobatics! animal shows are alright...(not seaworld good) if you like tigers the tiger splash show is cool (get there early if you want a view)

As far as rides go...all 5 of the rollercoasters are fun (though Kong and Boomerang are on the bottom of the fun list and a bit jerky)
    If small kids are involved there are three! well themed childrens areas.

As far as food goes eat before and after the park : ). If you are there along time the shouka souvenire combo at the burger stands is the best deal in in the park complete with a refillable souvenier cup. PS the apple pie funnel cakes near the entrance are amazing! after a long day. Like really really good!

My advice is show up right before opening and you can probably do the whole park in a day at a pretty good pace. also dont bring in the big maps they give you at parking, there are smaller ones inside the park.

I think that about covers it : )
    Have fun!

• Grumpy old man

Re: 6 Flags Discovery Kingdom

I haven't been since they've remodeled and changed name, but like spastic said, there is a lot of discounts. I'm pretty sure the Longs Drugs here has coupons, and all our coke products have some discounts.

If you don't want to pay inside the park prices for food, but don't want the boring old fast food (Vallejo has a whopping 8 McDonalds to choose from), I can recommend a few of my favorite places to eat in town that are cheap, good, and not too far from the park.