How are the crowds at Hershey Park?

I have so excited I haven't been to Hershey Park since I was a kid!

This week we are heading out for a much needed last minute road trip. We are leaving early Wednesday morning stopping in NY to spend the day and have tickets for Mary Poppins. Then Thursday we will be at Hershey Park, does anyone know how busy the park usually is on a weekday?

• Married and happy again!!

Re: How are the crowds at Hershey Park?

About 10,000 to 20,000 normally during the later part of the week. It may be slower this week cause it is suposed to be raining Wendesday thru Friday hear. And if it is the new addition The Boardwalk At Hersheypark will likely be shut down. Just a heads up hope it helps.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

Thanks, those crowds sound managable. As far as the weather I saw the forcast sounds pretty much like the same weather we have been having here too. Today's weather has been down right miserable and cool.

• Circle of Ancients

Like any park, weekends are the busiest. Thursday shouldn't be too bad.

If you are in the area on Wednesday, I know they have a pass where you can buy a ticket for Thursday on Wednesday but get the last 2 hours of Wednesday for free. Would give you at least a couple of extra hours.

Have fun, we love Hersheypark.

Thanks for the tip, but Wednesday night we are going to be at Mary Poppins on Broadway. Then driving early morning from NY to Hershey.

I think that especially since it is a weekday one day should be enough time to see the park, the hours are from 10-10 and we plan on arriving there around 10-11AM.

If we decide to spend a second day, does anyone know if we can get a credit for the one day ticket and apply it toward and upgrade to a two day ticket?
    Last edited by Disney Magic; 07-23-2007 at 05:59 PM.

Hershey Park offers a free preview night the night before when you purchase a regular ticket. We usually stop off in lancaster for an early dinner then hit Hershey around 7pm. Then stay at a three star in Harrisburg from Priceline then back at the parks the next morning. This will be our fifth year and we all agree the preview is much more fun than the next day.

• I'm not wearing a scarf!

I went to Hersheypark a few years ago. Out of all the parks in PA, Hersheypark was the most crowded. Even on a summer weekday, crowds were pretty sizable, but managable. Don't go on a Saturday unless you like huge crowds!

Red Face Re: How are the crowds at Hershey Park?

Hey,

about hershey...

I just got back from a weekend trip (sat and sun). With my wife and our other married couple friends. the two husbands (myself included) have never been there before. We heard rave reviews about a chocolate scented town, free candy upon entry etc..

1st off...to reply to the board, the crowds werent a big deal. it WAS crowded, but only in the BOARDWALK/waterpark area.

the bad part is, if you have to walk thru the traffic of the boardwalk area to get the two of the best coasters (wildcat, lightning racers).

sunday morning was less crowded btw..and families w/kids left around 7ish. The park is open till 11 on sat's in the summer.

We both loved the park, buuuuttt...it was a little unkempt. trash everywhere, people cutting lines (hopping over rails!) NO mascots, no free candy. I was really disapointed with the reeses ride, we didnt get any "sweet reward" thats mentioned in the wait area video. Around 5pm stands were out of items, etc...

but hey, its summer..its a waterpark, its expected. it made me really sad to see paint chipped off and signage (reeses cup challenge, monorail) literally pulled and peeled off the cut-outs.

i felt that the "themed" area's werent themed enough, and overall the park just wasnt "HERSHEY"-fied. it was in name only, so to speak.

the best part was the chocolate tour. a modern disney-like wait area (with a beautifull mural) leads to a classic dark ride about the factory, complete with catchy theme song, wonka like factory stuff...it was the best part of the park. We even got free kisses! and its FREE! ...it leads to a great gift shop and interactive area...its excellent and professional. i recommend that the most.

anyway, i thought id give my two cents. thanks!

• I am number 4 of 999

Hersheypark is NOT Disneyland. The "Hershey" part of the name is not a "theme". Chocolate World isn't a "dark ride".