Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Drunk On Disney

Christopher Lloyd Helps Universal Studios Hollywood Set Official “Clock Tower” Countd

http://www.bttf.com/index.php?/weblo...al_clock_towe/

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Christopher Lloyd Helps Universal Studios Hollywood Set Official “Clock Tower” Countdown

Hollywood — Emmy®-Award winning actor Christopher Lloyd helps Universal Studios Hollywood set official “Clock Tower” countdown as Back to the Future...The Ride prepares for its final voyage into the “Space-Time Continuum”.

Convoy of DeLoreans set to arrive en masse at the Entertainment Capital of L.A. to pay homage to the vehicle that served as the inspiration for Doc Brown's Flux Capacitor-Equipped time machine.

WHO: Christopher Lloyd, Emmy®-Award winning actor and star of the Back to the Future film trilogy and the Back to the Future...The Ride original film; Bob Gale, Oscar®-nominated screenwriter and co-creator of the Back to the Future films, and Kevin Pike, special effects supervisor for Back to the Future, will be joined by a convoy of stainless steel DeLoreans arriving en masse and thousands of loyal Back to the Future fans.

WHAT: After sending over 61 millions guests on wild rides, Universal Studios Hollywood's ground-breaking attraction, Back to the Future...The Ride is preparing for its very last journey in the "space-time continuum." Under the watchful eye of Christopher Lloyd, Doc Brown will arrive via an elaborately-equipped DeLorean and set a "clock tower" countdown to mark the ride's month-long farewell celebration.

Back to the Future...The Ride was introduced in 1993 and will take its last ride on Labor Day, September 3, 2007. As part of the fanfare, guests will have a chance to enter a sweepstakes and become the lucky owner of a stainless steel 1981 DeLorean.

Back to the Future...The Ride was as a continuation of the Oscar®-winning blockbuster Back to the Future film trilogy directed by Robert Zemeckis and executive produced by Steven Spielberg for Universal Pictures. At the center of Back to the Future...The Ride is an original film, masterfully designed to interface with the simulator's technology by an award-winning team of filmmakers.

WHEN: Thursday, August 2, 2007. Press event begins promptly at: 10:00 a.m.

WHERE: Universal Studios Hollywood - Back to the Future...The Ride (100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA 91608)

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Christopher Lloyd Helps Universal Studios Hollywood Set Official “Clock Tower” Co

It would have been nice if they would have kept it open until
    that infamous date in 2015.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: Christopher Lloyd Helps Universal Studios Hollywood Set Official “Clock Tower” Co

Since he's going to be there, USH should really think about having him take pictures to replace the ridiculous ones that are at Doc's Chicken place in the park.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Makes me sad. I didn't like the execution of the ride, but I loved everything else about it. Universal Studios should be KEEPING rides rather than constantly replacing. And they wonder why they can't compete with Disneyland.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

on a side note, that pic of tom wilson on the side of the website is truly hilarious!

i wish i didn't have to work next thursday - it should be a fun day indeed.

thanks for posting this info for us.
    kingdom hearts <3er

• ...TWO BITS!

The public is allowed to see this, right? Again, if I play my cards right, I might be able to get a video of the event.

I seriously think they should redo Fast and the Furious "car on a stick" as Back to the Future. Flying DeLoreans people!! haha

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Nouveau Membre

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Makes me sad. I didn't like the execution of the ride, but I loved everything else about it. Universal Studios should be KEEPING rides rather than constantly replacing. And they wonder why they can't compete with Disneyland.
    well its not fair to say that they can't compete w/ Disneyland. They're both different parks and offer different things to their guest. Plus many locals and tourist go to USH and it does gets packed.

The park is small compare to DL and its sister park at FL (USF). The studios takes up the majority of the park and the houses that surround the park makes it smaller. So they really don't have much space to work on, leaving them no choice but to replace their rides as the years go on.

People the world doesn't revolve around DL.

• A Pirate's life for me!

For what it's worth, (I know, not much) back in the early 90's, USH kicked DL's but in attendance figures.

But it was a DIFFERENT Park back then...

And yes, they are two different types of Parks. Not really competition, more so that they support each other by being relatively close to one another.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Baiser_Tu_2 View Post
    well its not fair to say that they can't compete w/ Disneyland. They're both different parks and offer different things to their guest. Plus many locals and tourist go to USH and it does gets packed.

The park is small compare to DL and its sister park at FL (USF). The studios takes up the majority of the park and the houses that surround the park makes it smaller. So they really don't have much space to work on, leaving them no choice but to replace their rides as the years go on.

People the world doesn't revolve around DL.

I'm not denying what you say about USH, but in the theme park world in Southern California, yes, it does revolve around Disneyland. USH may seem packed because it's a oddly laid out park with people milling about in shows on the top floor, and all the rides on the bottom floor.

But my argument is that they bring in a can of soda to get $12 off their admission. And then their 2nd day is free. This isn't just a special for right now. They've been giving away passes all year long. The park may be packed but nobody is paying full price.

Interesting how their newsworthy promotions involve killing off rides.
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    For what it's worth, (I know, not much) back in the early 90's, USH kicked DL's but in attendance figures.

But it was a DIFFERENT Park back then...

And yes, they are two different types of Parks. Not really competition, more so that they support each other by being relatively close to one another.
    I don't think USH ever beat DL in attendance. The top two visited parks in the US have always been MK at WDW followed by DL. Although if I am wrong please feel free to correct me.

• A Pirate's life for me!

While I am not going to even attempt to dig up the articles, it was noted in numerous publications, including the AAA magazine Via (called Motorland back then), that USH was number one in attendance during the early 90's. Even if it was only for a year or two.

If you were around then, you might recall that the early 90's were some of DL's worst times.

Take it for what it's worth (like I said... not much).

But it was true.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    While I am not going to even attempt to dig up the articles, it was noted in numerous publications, including the AAA magazine Via (called Motorland back then), that USH was number one in attendance during the early 90's. Even if it was only for a year or two.

If you were around then, you might recall that the early 90's were some of DL's worst times.

Take it for what it's worth (like I said... not much).

But it was true.

Really? Early 90s? I mean... 1987 was Star Tours. 1989 was Splash Mountain. Fantasmic was 1991. Toon Town was 1992. Roger rabbit was 1993. And Indiana Jones Adventure was 1995.

What did Universal Studios have besides Back to the Future?

(note: i'm not trying to bash Universal if it looks that way. I just wish Universal kept more of their rides than ditching them. E.T. was my favorite.)

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    And they wonder why they can't compete with Disneyland.
    I seriously doubt that. It's obvious to most everyone that this park does not try to compete with DL, nor should it. It serves it's purpose as a major film studio first and foremost. The competition is all in your mind.

• Drunk On Disney

Back to the topic at hand, I think it is great that they are doing this as they retire an old ride.

I would much rather see it stay, but at least it's going out with style. They could just quietly shut the door and put up a fence.

I hope someone attends the ceremony and records it. I sent an email to Dave O'Neil of Extinct Attractions in hopes that they might preserve this moment in time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast