• curiouser and curiouser

What's going to replace Kingdom of the dinosaurs?

...at Knott's, anyone know? Sorry if this has been asked before...

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: What's going to replace Kingdom of the dinosaurs?

Nothing yet. I think it is storage space for all of the Knott's Scary Farm props etc.

• Minion

I never did like KOTD, or the Barrenstain Bears thing that it replaced, but it did make one of the best rides during Knotts Scarry Farm when it was dark. The last ride they did with it at Scarry Farm was horrible though. Some type of comedy hell. They should gut the dark ride and keep the track and cars for Scarry Farm. So much lost potential. Now there are only 2 haunted rides a year, Log ride and Mine ride. I also think that was Knotts last "dark" ride.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Well, something will probably fill the space, but nothing could ever replace it.

We'll miss it. It is one of the few rides that I recall from my first visit there back in '67.

I am just thnkful that I was able to take all 4 of my kids on it quite a few times before they shut it down.

RIP Dino's!

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

It's a Cedar Fair park, it'll sit and rot - Cedar Point's Pirate ride building is still standing, and it last operated in 1996.

• Yeah...I'm cool

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Well, something will probably fill the space, but nothing could ever replace it.

We'll miss it. It is one of the few rides that I recall from my first visit there back in '67.

I am just thnkful that I was able to take all 4 of my kids on it quite a few times before they shut it down.

RIP Dino's!
    But the Dno ride didn't go in until the late 80's or ealy 90's. Before that it was Knotts Berry Tales
    spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

• A Pirate's life for me!

Sorry, that must have been the mine ride.

I do recall that the ride vehicles were non-stopping unlike the last few years in which they were connected and went as a group. (as I recall...hehe)

The kids for the Dino's.

Old age catching up with me...

• I'm not wearing a scarf!

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt View Post
    It's a Cedar Fair park, it'll sit and rot - Cedar Point's Pirate ride building is still standing, and it last operated in 1996.
    They'll just put 1,000 trash cans in front of it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt View Post

What was Cedar Point's Pirate ride? Cedar Fair needs to built some quality dark rides.

• Yeah...I'm cool

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Sorry, that must have been the mine ride.

I do recall that the ride vehicles were non-stopping unlike the last few years in which they were connected and went as a group. (as I recall...hehe)

The kids for the Dino's.

Old age catching up with me...
    I remember this too. The large group would stop halfway through, and then a cast member would come out of the dark and tell everyone to remain seated, the other group was unloading at the stattion.
    spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    What was Cedar Point's Pirate ride? Cedar Fair needs to built some quality dark rides.
    Even though it might be nice they really have no need to. As far as I know, they don't pretend to be a theme park and most people only go to the park for thrill rides.

• Wonderful World

I loved that ride when I was a kid,and its being used for storage, Lame
    I'm back MiceChat

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I always liked Knott's Beary Tales.......and it smelled sooooooooo good inside.....like Boysenberry.......but I haven't been to Knott's Berry Farm in soooooooooooo long - like 10 years - because of changes like this.

Knott's Berry Farm used to be a very charming, quaint park....but it's lost that charm as far as I am concerned....

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I always liked Knott's Beary Tales.......and it smelled sooooooooo good inside.....like Boysenberry.......but I haven't been to Knott's Berry Farm in soooooooooooo long - like 10 years - because of changes like this.

Knott's Berry Farm used to be a very charming, quaint park....but it's lost that charm as far as I am concerned....

Agreed, I went to a live braodcast of a Radio Show I listen to here in Los Angeles, I went on two rides and lft after the broadcast. That park has almost nothing I want to do, and is a shell of the park it used to be. I was there when the Knott Family sold it to Ceader Fair, and the decline in quality was almost immediate. I have a ton of great memories from when I was small and would go with my parents. Most of the park is still there (minus the Haunted Shack which I'l still p.o about) but the quality of it being a theme park is gone, now the employees wear generic costumes like they do at Six Flags or Ceader Point. They used to have theming and quality show, now they have roller coasters and a scrambler ride where there used to be a bird aviary and a ranger station .
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."