• Shablagoo!

Melonballer returns to Wild Waves!

So originally I should have been at Silverwood in ID yesterday, but due ot numerous problems, I did not make it. So instead a few friends and I headed over to Wild Waves theme park. Now first thing I have to say is this. Where do they get off calling themselves a theme park? What's the theme, the Ghetto? But I digress. It was an ugly cloudy day (bats day should be here next year, its more depressing) so the crowds stayed away. We skipped the water park portion and went to the amusement park section.

first I took a picture of their play area for little kids.

Our first stop was Timberhawk. Its their wooden coaster they built a few years back. I was there opening weekend and have not been back since.

Yep look at all that awesome theming (I am being sarcastic of course). One of the best things about this park is all the trees and foilage around the area. I was amazed that after several years of Six Flags management (they sold the park last year) that the coaster still ran well and was as smooth as it was opening weekend. The longest we waited for a ride was a one train wait. We rode 3 times and then moved on.

Here is another example of their theming.

Yawn!

We headed over to Lumberjack falls. My friend John and I do not like getting wet. We stayed off while Mike and Tina rode.

Here is a video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=ucsLEbeLeIw

Unfortunately we discovered the 25 cent water cannons afterwards and could not trick them into riding again. Then things went downhill.

Time for a ride on Timberaxe. Generally I skip spinning rides, but something convinced me to ride it. Big mistake. At first we were going forwards and I was fine. Then we spun backwards! I was nausiated. We walked over to the 1906 CW Parker carousel for a spin.

It is an antique wooden carousel with actual hair tails for the horses. Unfortunately, the paint was chipped all over.

Still it is a nice carousel and I hope someday they fix it up.

My friends riding!

You can see how empty the park was, and how cloudy it was too.

Anyways we took a couple spins on the Wild Thing coaster, which did not help my nausea. Usually I have no trouble with rides, Timberaxe had really screwed me up. I rode the bench ride while my friends went back and rode Gold Rusher and Timberaxe again (I will never ride that or a similar ride again as long as I live). After that we played some air hockey in the aracde and left the park.

Wild Waves is ok, but it basically sucks. We did have fun. I probably would have had more fun if I hadn't been stupid and rode Timberaxe. I learned my lesson. There is so much they could do there if they wanted to spend money. Sigh. So remember, when you are complaining about that burnt out lightbulb on Main Street, you could be stuck up here with this "theme" park.

I will give them this. The park was a lot cleaner and the bathrooms all worked this time. Last time I was there, the place was a mess. Yes, they need to fix some stuff up and build some new attractions. However, it could be worse. Timberhawk is a nice family wooden coaster. The 1906 carousel is beautiful and could be even better if they just fixed it and repainted it. Its got potential.

Re: Melonballer returns to Wild Waves!

Great trip report and how I love all those clouds in AUGUST!!!

What happened to our summer?

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Mad View Post
    Great trip report and how I love all those clouds in AUGUST!!!

What happened to our summer?
    That's what my mother is asking. Heck I am asking it too. Usually we have good weather from just after the 4th of July through September. Still it could be worse, we could have a hurricane heading our way or 10 plus days of 100+ degree heat.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    That's what my mother is asking. Heck I am asking it too. Usually we have good weather from just after the 4th of July through September. Still it could be worse, we could have a hurricane heading our way or 10 plus days of 100+ degree heat.
    Yup, 100+ with 50-60% humidity sure is nice.

• Man O Lantern

My daughter is at camp this week in the rain. In August! Craziness.

I practically lived at Wild Waves during the summers in 8th grade-11th grade. We had a group that went up every other week from Astoria--our moms would take turns driving us.

I remember going to Enchanted Forest when I was 7. We lost my two year old sister in the bathroom. That was a fun trip!! We spent most of the morning with security guards.