Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Silverwood Theme Park - Idaho

Top o' the mornin' MCers! I know there was a thread/tangent thread a while back about the Silverwood Theme Park in Idaho. ......I've been looking for half an hour and I can't find it anywhere. Visions of me in outlook searching for some particular email...NIGHTmare!.

I'm tossing in the search towel and reaching out to you all once again.

Taking my peeps to Silverwood Monday/Tuesday next week and I was on the park's website. There was talk of a 'VIP Cabana' for $75/day. I wonder if anyone has used this? It seems rather a steep price since admission is something in the $30range. Does anyone have any advise for me? While we are indeed in search of summer sunshine, we don't want to fry so if the cabana's are the only respite from the sun, I'll fork over the dough.

Thanks again!

• Banned User

Re: Silverwood Theme Park - Idaho

we went to silverwood sunday, it was ........ craptacular!! carnival rides, to small for a lot of adults to get on, and never for heavy people, my kids enjoyed it as the park was pretty empty and they got to go on the coasters several times and the other rides. most every ride there is " carnival rides and not in the best shape. as far as the water park, my brother in law says its nice, not sure 75 dollars for a cabana is worth it, there really was not that many people there so staking out a chair any where is no problem. ( he says)
    I dislike that park, we will not be going back, heck I can go to the carnival for 12 bucks for all day passes if I want that kind of rides.
    when you come back, tell me what you think, ok.

• Banned User

oh and go to costco in cordelane idaho before hitting that park, the tickets are 26.99

• Shablagoo!

I'd listen to Hakuna Makarla, she is the resident Silverwood expert. Anyways, is this the thread you were looking for?
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58034

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I'd listen to Hakuna Makarla, she is the resident Silverwood expert. Anyways, is this the thread you were looking for?
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58034
    not sure if this was said in a good way or bad melonballer, but it is pretty local I have been there a few times and know what carnival rides look like. though the coasters are pretty good I am no expert, just know how that park looks and feels. oh and guess what? there were mostly kids controling the rides !!One kid was 13 years old running the log ride . ( I asked him since he was soo small.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    not sure if this was said in a good way or bad melonballer, but it is pretty local I have been there a few times and know what carnival rides look like. though the coasters are pretty good I am no expert, just know how that park looks and feels. oh and guess what? there were mostly kids controling the rides !!One kid was 13 years old running the log ride . ( I asked him since he was soo small.
    Oh I totally meant it in a serious way. You have been there more times than most of the rest of us micechatters. So I think you know more about the park than most of us. Amazing about the 13 year old.

•   

13??!! Oh No! Making a mental note to check the attendants before boarding their rides....I'm glad I only bought one day's worth of admission from my local Costco...I'm thinking ONE day will do us just fine. My girls love carny rides so I'm sure they won't be disappointed. Me, I'm going in with NEW open eyes and my expectations standards are lowered thanks to the reviews. I'm going to make the best of it and will report back!

Glad we're staying in Spokane -- found the Red Lion there 'at the park', their pool has a slide, looks pretty fun. Something about carny rides and IMAX nearby, I bet we find plenty to do if Silverwood is a bust!

thx for the help!

• Minion

I have stayed at the Red Lion at the park before and LOVED IT! Great location!

• Curiouser and Curiouser

I had an FBLA conference at the Red Lion at the Park and stayed there with family. It is nice and the park is very big. They have a carousel, and if you have little ones they will love the giant radio flyer wagon slide.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Tedi Bara View Post
    I had an FBLA conference at the Red Lion at the Park and stayed there with family. It is nice and the park is very big. They have a carousel, and if you have little ones they will love the giant radio flyer wagon slide.
    The carousel at Riverside Park is awesome. I mean how many carousels have the "grab the ring" anymore? I'd recommend visiting the carousel to any theme park fan.

•   

Wonderful! My kids are going to absolutely LOVE the carousel -- we were just in Santa Cruz earlier in the summer, they were THRILLED with the 'grab the ring' part of the ride. They're 5 and 8 - totally in the window of most any carnival/theme park ride.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    we went to silverwood sunday, it was ........ craptacular!!
    Ok, you can't compare Silverwood to Disneyland, however if you compare Silverwood to Playland at the PNE in Vancouver, Silverwood is better. And being the only decent amusement park in this neck of the woods, it's better than having nothing, which is another reason Disney should think about opening a park in BC...

•   

K. So here's my quickie first day at Silverwood trip report:

Pulled into the Silverwood parking lot right about opening time, 11:00AM. The drive from Spokane to Silverwood took right about an hour. Most of the time took traveling the little Highway 95 north, little 2 laner, (highway of death, is what I call those). Lotsa Northbound traffic, not sure where they were all going? Canada maybe?

$4.00 for all day parking. A bargain, I thought. No lines to get into the park. Rented a locker right off the bat. Stuffed our swim gear in there and headed off to see what kind of attractions were at hand.

My brother-in-law said out loud exactly what I was thinking as we strolled the pathway to the rides... " hmmm, landscaping is NOT what it is at Disneyland...more of a natural, rustic feel here"

First ride what Silverwood's version of SplashMtn..."Log Flume" -- the logs looked like OLD OLD Disney or Knotts logs, the ones with only a 'seat back' mid log. It was fun. Traveled at a good clip! Smooth! Better than the log ride at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk, I thought. Next we wanted to see what Silverwood's version of GRR might be like. Forgotten what Silverwood's name for the ride is. The 'rafts' were low rider - such that it did not matter where you sat in the thing, you were getting soaked regardless! There weren't any drops, but lots of rapids. Good time. We'll go on it again.

Next was the corkscrew roller coaster. My littlest one was 1/4" too short (very angry she was!!) so just my oldest n dad road. They said it was fun but no Screamin' -- it looked to me a lot like Monteczuma's revenge at Knotts (do they still have that coaster at Knotts? been so long since I was there). :::friend just texted me that Silverwood's is the USA's FIRST corkscrew coaster, so I guess Knotts got the idea from them...:::

Next we decided to try their concessions....went for ny salted preztel and nachos w/ cheese. Preztel was not good. Salt was good. Chips and melty cheese type food product was enjoyed by both my girls. Good rootbeer. Not good beer - Bud or Bud-lite.

After the snacky we decided to head over to BOULDER BEACH water park (part of the Silverwood park). See what that's all about. VERY COOL. Great place for kids -- all ages. We spent the rest of the day at the water park. I must caveat with the fact this is our FIRST trip to a water park. First thing we did was score a couple of low rider chairs near the "pollywog park' - gi-normous water jungle gym for little kids. Incredible. I think my girls spent over an hour there. Lifeguards EVERYWHERE. Next was the "lazy river" - with or without a raft or tube, it was fun. 2ft 6" deep and a good current to carry you around the loop with ease. Nice little cut off to the pool bar -- very civilized!

A few loops later and we're off to the Wave Pool. The girls absolutely loved it. This is where we spent the rest of our day. 14 minutes on/7 minutes off. No wonder this is where those $75 cabanas are located! NEXT to the bar! hahahaha, kids swim while the folks sit in the shadey cabana n' sip pina coladas or ice tea, what have you. Even more civilized!! (the $75 is clearly for the shade and the LOCATION, the lounge chairs and and table/chairs are those plastic type that one might find at Target/Walmart/RiteAde/Bartells...still).

Nevertheless, we are BACK again tomorrow. Skipping the rides and heading to Boulder Beach, straight for our cabana!!

(apologies for typos/grammar goofs etc., -- too pooped to check it over or download the 'whatever I need' to use spell check)

Close to everything...But away from it all.

when I wnet there it was pretty fun. There was a fire about a mile away, huge smokestack and all, a Helicopter kept going behind the park to get water from some reserve to put it out. But, it was fun, when we went it was packed.
    To all who come to this happy place, WELCOME!

Disney: It's not an obsession... It's a passion
    Disney Movies Owned: 87
    # Times to Disneyland: 17
    Being a Member on MiceChat: Priceless

There are some things money can't buy, for everything else there's Disney Dollars.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    Next was the corkscrew roller coaster. My littlest one was 1/4" too short (very angry she was!!) so just my oldest n dad road. They said it was fun but no Screamin' -- it looked to me a lot like Monteczuma's revenge at Knotts (do they still have that coaster at Knotts? been so long since I was there). :::friend just texted me that Silverwood's is the USA's FIRST corkscrew coaster, so I guess Knotts got the idea from them...:::
    Thanks for the report. Actually the Corkscrew is the USA's first corkscrew coaster, but it belonged to Knott's. Silverwood bought it from them awhile ago. They also own a train that Disney wanted. They outbid Disney for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast