Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• ...and sometimes why.

The second street to the right all the way till morning blvd.

Re: Back to the Future closing!

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986 View Post
    I just read that Universal Studios Hollywood is closing Back to the Future: the Ride on Monday! Someone play Taps, quick!
    Quick! everyone jump into my DeLorian... Iv'e been waiting for the day to come... this baby has been fully loaded with time travel... that's right 1.21 gigawatts of power...Flux capacitor included. Now we have to warn the past!.... "but Doc how are we gonna get back? We don't have enought plutonium!"
    "Don't worry...where were going we don't need come back."

...lol sorry about that.

• ...TWO BITS!

I've always wondered way on the studio guide maps the BTTF description always said "21 million jiggawat adventure". Or something to that extent, instead of "1.21 jiggawatt".

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Just Me

I am not sad to see it go. Some strange guy and his lovely wife drug my Hubby, Son and Myself on it a while back. I don't do well with motion simulators. The Boy loved it though. Hubby got very queasy (HA!).

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Those of you who look forward to seeing the simpsons..... haha, dont get to excited....

Back to the Future is not getting a major overhaul into a new attraction.... they are simply just changing the film... and themeing around the area.... and the biggest addition to the ride... misters.. ooohhh ahhhh...

Sorry. but I refuse to ride this new ride what so ever, the motion vehicles are said to remain the same.... just film change. The ride may do good at first, but I give it a year maybe two before it practically has no wait and Universal regrets closing down BTTF.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
    Those of you who look forward to seeing the simpsons..... haha, dont get to excited....

Back to the Future is not getting a major overhaul into a new attraction.... they are simply just changing the film... and themeing around the area.... and the biggest addition to the ride... misters.. ooohhh ahhhh...

Sorry. but I refuse to ride this new ride what so ever, the motion vehicles are said to remain the same.... just film change. The ride may do good at first, but I give it a year maybe two before it practically has no wait and Universal regrets closing down BTTF.

Hollywood maybe but Orlando getting Springfield.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• ...TWO BITS!

^ There's rumors the Hollywood park will convert its long closed BTTF store into a Kwik-E-Mart and Doc Brown's Chicken into a Krusty Burger. Yeah, I heard something about a Springfield in the Orlando park, but that's about it. Probably located behind the attraction I think??

I can't believe they're not going to change out the simulators. Now that's said. Hopefully they'll put some TLC in them, but they should change them out. That's the plan for Star Tours 2.0. This again shows how you really can't compare Universal to Disney.

Attractions that are merely another movie is all Universal will really do: T2:3D (At least it has AAs & live actors), Nickelodeon, BTTF/Simpsons (motion simulators), Shrek 4D... and then Mummy has video projectors... and although Spider-Man is an awesome ride, also has movie screens.

Universal relies too much on projections. Wonder how the Harry Potter plan will come out...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Universal Studios is ever changing and must update to the current taste of the population. So welcome the Simpsons with open arms.
    Then they need to bulldoze the entire farking park.

Let's do some comparison shall we?

1990 - Back to the Future III (BTTF closing tomorrow)
    1991 - Backdraft (no sign of its 'ride' closing)
    1993 - Jurassic Park (no sign of its ride closing)
    1994 - Forrest Gump (they literally JUST built the Bubba Gump Restaurant in CityWalk in Hollywood, no sign of closing)
    1994 - Flintstones (no sign of that area closing/changing)
    1995 - Waterworld (no sign of closing)
    1999 - The Mummy
    1980 - Blues Brothers (no sign of that underwhelming show closing)
    2001 - Fear Factor debuts on TV
    2001 - Shrek

So all of you who say 'oh BTTF's so old - out with the old & in with the new' blah blah blah, keep that in mind. There's NO signs or complaints of Backdraft, Jurassic Park, Bubba Gump, Flintstones or Waterworld being so old that they need replacing. Before you start touting age as a reason for replacement, know your facts.

Killing BTTF makes about as much sense as when the Peoplemover was needlessly killed for the Rocket Rods. The similarities are remarkably striking. No real improvement or replacement, just a simple-minded out with the old & in with the new superficial "addition". Maybe the Simpsons ride won't fracture anything and need to be removed after 2 years of hardly working, but it's so frustrating to see many of the same stupid thinking and mindless mistakes being made all over again...

RIP Back to the Future - I'll be there to say goodbye tomorrow.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

I want to cry. I went on the ride so many times as a kid without really appreciating the fact that is was a movie first....Now that I'm obsessed with the films--I literally watch them every time they are on, no matter what time it is (haha, bad pun)--and I know the storylines and the plot holes and everything...and now that I could go and really get the ride and what it was about, it's gonna be gone. My mom never went on it, she was there when it was scaffolding and that was the last time she was there.
    I'm crying now. I missed out. And there's nothing I can do.
    dreams. come. true.

• C4C6C

Very well said PM. Continue with the tour. King Kong, don't know the date. Jaws (30 years?). Psycho? My kids have no idea what that is. However, my kids 9 and 6 love watching the BTTF trilogy. I will be there tomorrow in thought since I won't be able to make it.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

BTTF: The Ride's main story takes place in 2015 - doesn't really seem very far off now.

It seems like the last 5 years or so, people just didn't give a damn about BTTF- now it's closing and suddenly everybody comes out of the woodwork "WHY ARE YOU CLOSING THAT?! WHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!"

Retail stopped selling the BTTF shirts, why? - Because they always ended up in the Studio Warehouse store, and couldn't be sold at 50% off!

Back to the Future is a wonderful film franchise, but the ride has run it's course.

• Senior Minion

^hahahaha
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Minion

I wish the ride would stay and a new building would be built for The Simpsons Ride. I go to Disney mainly to ride the classics. The thing about Universal is they keep replacing rides, and they never let any ride become a classic. If they were to replace a current ride, I would actually pick the Backlot Tour because it is ridiculously cheesy by modern standards. It hasn't stood the test of time well at all, but BTTF is still a really great and fun ride. A shark popping up twice and a river being drained just aren't that thrilling when you are on the safety of a parking lot tram. The Mummy scene with the rotating tunnel doesn't work at all in the tram. I didn't even realize it was supposed to be a rotating tunnel till I read about it on Micechat.

• Minion

I rode on it for the 1st time a few months ago. The ride needs to be put out of its missery. Same with Star Tours. These motion sims have a rather limited lifespan, but most parks keep them way too long. The only thing is, I dont agree with its replacement. Simpons? I like the show and all, but basing a 3D ride in a 2D world is a bit of a streatch

• MA Reader Since 2003

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I wish the ride would stay and a new building would be built for The Simpsons Ride. I go to Disney mainly to ride the classics. The thing about Universal is they keep replacing rides, and they never let any ride become a classic. If they were to replace a current ride, I would actually pick the Backlot Tour because it is ridiculously cheesy by modern standards. It hasn't stood the test of time well at all, but BTTF is still a really great and fun ride. A shark popping up twice and a river being drained just aren't that thrilling when you are on the safety of a parking lot tram. The Mummy scene with the rotating tunnel doesn't work at all in the tram. I didn't even realize it was supposed to be a rotating tunnel till I read about it on Micechat.
    I dont think an attraction with a movie element can become a classic because it becomes dated too easily. Classics like POTC or HM will be just as great in 2035 as they were in 1970 and as they are today. But any ride whose main show element is a movie IMO can never stick around very long.

P.S. I thought it was King Kongs colon.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage View Post
    I rode on it for the 1st time a few months ago. The ride needs to be put out of its missery. Same with Star Tours. These motion sims have a rather limited lifespan, but most parks keep them way too long. The only thing is, I dont agree with its replacement. Simpons? I like the show and all, but basing a 3D ride in a 2D world is a bit of a streatch
    Who said anything about The Simpsons being 3-D?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast