• back to WDW in January

Cypress Gardens For Sale ... Again

Kent Buescher, who arrived three years ago hoping to save Cypress Gardens, said Thursday that the venerable attraction is on the auction block.
    Cypress Gardens and its sister amusement park, Wild Adventures Theme Park in Valdosta, Ga., will be sold as part of their parent company's pending Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
    The parks will be offered to bidders together or separately at a Sept. 25 auction conducted by the U.S. District Court in Valdosta, said Ward Stone, a bankruptcy lawyer for Valdosta-based Adventure Parks Group LLC.
    Bids for Cypress Gardens will start at $17.4 million and at $38.85 million for the Georgia park. The court will choose the best offers Sept. 27.
    Until recently, Buescher hoped he could avoid selling the parks, but Falcon Mezzanine Partners, one of the largest creditors for Adventures Parks Group LLC, remained opposed to Buescher's attempt at recovery.
    "Most were for it," Buescher said of his creditors. "But you've got to get them all."
    Buescher said both parks will remain open, that no employees will lose their jobs and annual passes will be honored.

See the complete article here: http://www.theledger.com/article/200...0416/1004/news

Re: Cypress Gardens For Sale ... Again

I haven't been to Cypress Gardens in a decade, but knowing some of the stuff they've added, $17 million doesn't sound like a bad deal if someone can make it nicer and get more guests stopping by

Blog Entries

I've been to Wild Adventures a few times. Hopefully someone can purchase and make it worth more than just going to for concerts because its absolutely dreadful right now.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I haven't been to Cypress Gardens in 30 years, but my mom loves going there when she & my dad come down this way.

Blog Entries

Wild Adventures bills itself as an animal adventure park that has this great train tour through savanahs with exotic animals galore. Well you ride a really small train through a bunch of barns with a few exotic animals. The park actually could be good, but it would take someone with some real funds to make it so. Right now its just a bunch of unthemed off the shelf rides, a decent concert venue, and a small water park.

hey here's the deal less than $68 millions for the two parks it is cheap .

May be we will see an anouncement at the IAAPA 2007 at Orlando this year .

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Cypress Gardens in its current state is just...miserable. What happened to the Southern Belles? The old-time charm? The fifteen-girl water ski show?

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>