• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Talking Elly and Dustin go to HHN Orlando!

Well its offical! I made the hotel and air reservations and will be buying tickets later today....We're going to HHN Orlando on November 1-3, coming home on the 4th

I'd like to use this thread to get any advice from people who have been before and are familiar with layouts, hints for getting thru all the mazes, which shows are worth seeing, which ones we could miss and not miss out...etc.

We are going to HHN 2.5 nights....one of them is a half becuase we dont' get to Orlando until 6pm so by the time we check into the hotel and head over to the park i'm sure it'll be at least a couple hours later.

We're also going to be visiting Universal Orlando and Islands of Adventure during the daytime for at least a few hours each day, any advice on how to best navigate things there would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm super excited about getting to ride the ET ride again..i've missed it a lot since it left USH.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Former Epcot CM

Re: Elly and Dustin go to HHN Orlando!

Please explain a lot more about these nights. We always go to Florida in October so they are always on whenever I go (I'm getting a bit depressed writing this now, because we're not going this year and I'm really starting to realise how much I'm missing it) but we've never gone. Many many years we've been inches away from going, but somehow and for various reasons we never did.
    Are they really just full of serial killers (actors) wondering around screaming at people?
    There's an "experience" at Madame Tussaud London where you walk through a 'dungeon' full of convicts and insane people lunging at you and screaming at you - that really, really frightened me (I'm sorry ) but I spoke to an attendant and he said that they can do everything and anything to you - apart from make physical contact.
    Any similar rules at HHN?
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Please explain a lot more about these nights. We always go to Florida in October so they are always on whenever I go (I'm getting a bit depressed writing this now, because we're not going this year and I'm really starting to realise how much I'm missing it) but we've never gone. Many many years we've been inches away from going, but somehow and for various reasons we never did.
    Are they really just full of serial killers (actors) wondering around screaming at people?
    There's an "experience" at Madame Tussaud London where you walk through a 'dungeon' full of convicts and insane people lunging at you and screaming at you - that really, really frightened me (I'm sorry ) but I spoke to an attendant and he said that they can do everything and anything to you - apart from make physical contact.
    Any similar rules at HHN?
    if you go to www.halloweenhorrornights.com and click on Orlando you can see what they do at HHN. there are multiple mazes and scare zones where they do just that, scare the stuffin' outta ya! i adore that sort of thing and can't wiat to go
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

You probably don't need a whole lot of planning since you're going on several nights. Especially after Halloween. You should get to see all the houses and maybe even the shows multiple times. You'll get different opinions on how to avoid the crowds. Some think it's best to get the soundstages out of the way first. Others think it's better to start at the back of the park and wait until the stages have shorter waits at the end of the night. The nights you're going probably won't be too crowded anyway. Bill & Ted should be a priority as far as shows are concerned.

You probably won't have too much trouble in the day either. Mummy, Men In Black, Jaws and E.T. are priorities in USF. Don't miss the Horror Make-up Show located in Hollywood.

At IOA, the most popular attractions will be on your left when you enter. If the park isn't busy, which it usually isn't in early November, you should be able to get everything you want to see done in five hours or less. The attractions here are people eaters and lines usually move quickly this time of year. One thing that might be a bit of a problem when you go is Potter construction. I don't know when they plan on starting, but parts of Lost Continent may be blocked off by then.

I don't know if your funds will permit, but since you won't really need the extra time at HHN, I would actually recommend seeing Blue Man Group the first night you're there, assuming you get there in time. It's the best thing on property.
    Last edited by JtnOrl; 09-23-2007 at 02:35 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

JtnOrl!!! ty so much for your advice, i greatly appreciate it. Its kinda daunting being a complete newbie to parks after only going to ones you know like the back of your hand for so long.

We were a bit worried that HHN would be overly crowded as its the last weekend of it, but i've got my fingers crossed that the crowds will drop off becuase its after halloween
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

• Proud Monster Mommy!

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    Well its offical! I made the hotel and air reservations and will be buying tickets later today....We're going to HHN Orlando on November 1-3, coming home on the 4th
    Show off!!!!

<huggles>
    ~Gina

Mothers of teenagers know why some animals eat their young!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

Quote Originally Posted by ChubbyBunny View Post
    Show off!!!!

<huggles>
    you know i'd shove you in a carry on bag if i could
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

• "There's always my way"

I've been going to HHN for 4 years straight now (counting this year). This is my second at Universal Studios. I'm going to try the start from the back this year instead of the soundstages as I've always done. What I've noticed is the back is actually the center of the attraction where people that start on the left meet up with the people on the right so the lines are usually long by the time you get to the back of the park. So this year I will start from the back, one reason being that the annual passholder party is over by the Jaws area in the back of the park. My suggestion would be to make sure to check out the 8 new houses this year. This is the first time that they are going to have more than 2 shows, so I'm not sure how to squeeze this in. You could try to get the Express pass which would help to get all the houses done fast in time for the shows. I've never seen the Bill & Ted show, but I keep hearing how great it is. Maybe if I have time this year, I'll definitely check it out. I'm really excited about this year's event being all completely new and original. You're going to have a good time.

Oh and over at IOA, you're definitely going to enjoy that park. Very good attractions over there. Spiderman and Poseidon's Fury are a must! If you're into rollercoasters, definitely check out the Hulk and the Dueling Dragons (2 coasters in one - check out both Fire and Ice). And remember to ride Revenge of the Mummy, which is different and better than the USH version. You're going to have a great time.

Oh yeah, and check out Blue Man Group. I haven't seen the Universal Orlando version, but I've been a fan of them and have seen some of their other versions (well on DVD but the overall show is identical). I want to see it live too, which will probably blow me away.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

<jealous>

I hope you have a great time, Elly!

• Banned User

Hit the houses early while it's still light out, that's all I can say.

WEll Elly i cant wait to go to HHN with you and others from the you know where..... we will have so much fun..

i'll buy the Frequent Fear Pass for most of the nights even if i go to 2 or 4 of them .

i ve never been to one of them .

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

i would love to be able to take advantage of the Frequent Fear Passes, they're an awesome deal..but since we're only gonna be there the last weekend....not so much of a deal for us sadly
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.