Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Any Reviews of Knott's Halloween Haunt.

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    If the weather starts to calm down you can expect this friday and saturday nights to be the busiest of the entire month. my best suggestion for you is to get there early, go straight to the mine ride then log ride, then start hitting mazes as best you can. IMHO dont' miss The Doll Factory, The Asylum or Beowulf. If you miss The Grudge maze, you won't be missing much, sadly its not even close to the iconic maze it was last year...proof that all the money in the world doesnt' make a good maze if the talent doesn't perform.
    I was afraid it was going to be crowded but the weather seems pretty nice right now. Maybe all the fires here in Southern California will play a role and stop some from coming or something.

I was thinking that we should hit the mine ride for sure but I am not so sure about the log ride. Pretty much because I am a fairly large guy being 6'4 and 340 lbs, the last time I went on it a few years ago the boat went really low on one side after the slide. From what I have heard about The Doll Factory, I was planning on getting my friends to go to that one anyways.

Question: Are other rides that are not redone for the event open?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDBassist View Post
    I was afraid it was going to be crowded but the weather seems pretty nice right now. Maybe all the fires here in Southern California will play a role and stop some from coming or something.

I was thinking that we should hit the mine ride for sure but I am not so sure about the log ride. Pretty much because I am a fairly large guy being 6'4 and 340 lbs, the last time I went on it a few years ago the boat went really low on one side after the slide. From what I have heard about The Doll Factory, I was planning on getting my friends to go to that one anyways.

Question: Are other rides that are not redone for the event open?
    my husband is 6'5" and 300lbs and i'm a rather large lass myself and we rode the log ride with no probs, we bot sit in the back half becuase it fits us much better than trying to squeeze into the smaller front half, and they almost always leave the front of the log empty. no probs at all

the other rides in the park are open, but they are also open all year long, whereas all the Haunt related stuff is only open during Haunt. I always recommend to people to do the Haunt stuff, if you finish that then work on non-haunt rides.

i hope its not too awful crowded and that you have a wonderful time, Dustin and i went to Haunt 6 nights this year, and it still wasn't enough
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Thanks for the reassance, just wasn't really sure about it.

I just wanted to know about the other rides because it will give us something to go on if we do not want to wait in the long lines constantly for the haunt stuff. Even if we do not get to see all the haunt stuff, it should be a good time just hanging out with my friends.

Well overall I had fun last night at Knotts.

Just a rundown:
    -Spent 2 hours in traffic getting there at 8
    -Tried going on ghost rider but bailed right after we got inside the first room because it was broken.
    -The only guy that made me jump did so by the emergency exit before the first room in line but he only made me jump about an inch.
    -Went on the mine ride which took only 15 mins in line with a good sized line.
    -Tried the Doll Factory but it was closed temporarly.
    -Saw The Hanging.
    -Went through Lost Vegas which could have been better especially because the pole dancer came back out as we were walking out of that room.
    -Proceded to go through 13 axe murder manor which scared my friends to death.
    - Tried finding the Asylum not realizing it was back with Fairy Tales so we went to Beowulf and I started scaring the friends my friends invited by ether using my keys and clicking them together or taking quarters and hitting them together.
    -Ended the night by going through Fairy Tales and The Asylum which was pretty cool.

One girl got mad at me when going through Fair Tales in 3D because I would look around corners and stuff as I came to them so I was already looking where she was hiding and when she jumped out at me I didn't even blink, just looked her straight in the eyes. I could see she was not happy about missing a scare just by looking in her eyes but she proceded to try and get me to blink by clicking the metal on her finger tips together in my face.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

^Shame you missed The Doll Factory, it is perhaps (imho) the best maze concept and presentation i've seen at Haunt since the first year of the Asylum
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123