Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• A Pirate's life for me!

USH is against this guys religion!

Or so HE claims!

This NIMROD was in line in front of us with his wife and two kids.

As we approached the entry turnstile, his wife and kids entered. As he handed the CM his ticket, the CM politely asked him to scan his finger in the machine. When the guy realized that it was fingerprint technology, he quickly refused. He told the CM that he didn't want to have his "fingerprints taken". The CM politely explained to this idiot that they weren't "taking" his fingerprints, just scanning ONE finger to use for entry ID purposes, to avoid possible misuse of the ticketing/entry system.

Of course, while this was going on, the line wasn't moving. This idiot was holding everyone up.

Then the NIMROD comes up with the idea to tell the CM that it was "against his religion" to have his prints taken! And he then started accusing the CM of "violating" his religious rights, and the "rights" of his wife and children since they had already been "printed"! He said that if he knew that USH was going to "fingerprint" his family, that he would never had gone there.

I wish that was the case!

Well, I couldn't help myself. I told the guy to relax and to go along with the program, and enjoy the Park with his wife and kids. He just looked at me and continued to argue. He kept playing the "religious card". I then asked him what religion he was. He never replied. I believe that the CM called for a supervisor at that point.

We could hardly keep from laughing!

It was obvious that he was concerned about his print being sent to the INS. Or maybe even the FBI!

We were all told to move to the other entry gate and gladly did so.

The last that we saw of that idiot, he was still pleading his case and accusing the CM of violating his families' religious rights.

Maybe I'm missing something here?

At least it got our day at USH off to an entertaining start...

• Minion

Re: USH is against this guys religion!

He could be one of the sects of Christianity who do not believe in any identifying marks or codes and have fought things like drivers licenses and Social security cards
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

There are religious groups that would find that objectionable.
    Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

That's exactly why, tf. I was just reading about some school workers who refused to use their school district's biometric time clock on the same basis.

http://www.nea.org/neatoday/0710/esp.html
    A signature should go here.

Well, I don't doubt your words, and I'm aware of the ID thing.

But if you would have seen this guy, and the way that he acted, he just didn't want his print taken.

And when he said "against his Religion", it was kind of like an after-thought.

Like, "yeah, Religion, that's it!"...

And finally, without trying to be branded a racist, his English speaking skills weren't the best...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Well, I don't doubt your words, and I'm aware of the ID thing.

But if you would have seen this guy, and the way that he acted, he just didn't want his print taken.

And when he said "against his Religion", it was kind of like an after-thought.

Like, "yeah, Religion, that's it!"...
    I have seen many a person refuse finger prints. nimrod is a harsh word, it can be anoying, but understandable. yeah it makes one mad to wait in line for someone to argue, patience is a vertue

• Shablagoo!

I agree with PirateMickey. If it was really religion, he would have stated his religion.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Maybe he was from MIB?? No fingerprints at all!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Still wants to be a cat!

Glad you had an entertaining entrance to USH, I would have sworn that my Hubby was in that line, he has the magic of always being in the wrong line!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Quality not quantity

Perhaps the guy just likes his right to privacy in an society that increasingly disregards it.

And yes they are "taking" his fingerprint in the sense that they are scanning it and storing it in a database for later retrieval. We have certainly seen enough abuse of customer data by corporate America not to have much trust in them.

Kudos to anyone who stands up to these kind of infringements on personal liberty no matter what excuse they use.

If more people would stand up for their right to privacy rather than laying down for them perhaps this would not be an issue.

Where do you draw the line on what you are willing to give up to enter a theme park? Photos? Fingerprints?, Blood samples? DNA samples? Police record? Credit report? All of these could be used by the park to save them money (or as you put it "to prevent abuse") does that make it ok?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    Perhaps the guy just likes his right to privacy in an society that increasingly disregards it.
    Yeah, that.

I have a friend who does the same thing at WDW. It hadn't occured to me that you could just flash the ID.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    Where do you draw the line on what you are willing to give up to enter a theme park? Photos? Fingerprints?, Blood samples? DNA samples? Police record? Credit report? All of these could be used by the park to save them money (or as you put it "to prevent abuse") does that make it ok?

Well, since USH already has my photo and print on file, you know that those two things are OK with me. And they do have my credit card info.

The rest is a little dramatic...

Though I am a supporter of DNA samples being taken from every convicted criminal to be stored in a database. That could help solve future (or past)crimes. Or at least put them on notice of the possibility of future documented investigative leads. Any deterrent might help.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

The Biometrics system doesn't use a fingerprint- it scans the capillaries 30 layers beneath the skin, then creates an irreversible hash code (number sequence) that locks to that ticket.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Blog Entries

And yes they are "taking" his fingerprint in the sense that they are scanning it and storing it in a database for later retrieval. We have certainly seen enough abuse of customer data by corporate America not to have much trust in them.
    Except that they're not taking your fingerprint. They are measuring distances between ridges, etc.. on the fingerprint. Running a mathematical formula known as an algorithm against those measurements, and then coming up with a number which is stored in the database. The fingerprint is never stored and there is absolutely no way to take that number and decrypt it back into a fingerprint.

So no one should have anything to fear as no privacy is being violated.

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    Except that they're not taking your fingerprint. They are measuring distances between ridges, etc.. on the fingerprint. Running a mathematical formula known as an algorithm against those measurements, and then coming up with a number which is stored in the database. The fingerprint is never stored and there is absolutely no way to take that number and decrypt it back into a fingerprint.

So no one should have anything to fear as no privacy is being violated.
    So it would be OK with you to submit a DNA sample or your credit report to USH as long as they promise to hash the data?

Taking biometric data from me IS invading my privacy no matter what you do with the data.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast