Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Knott's Berry Farm History

Hopefully fixing some of the broken photo links from DL_CRAZE's first post:

Tampico Tumbler

Windjammer

Kingdom of the Dinosaurs

Hammerhead

I still really like Knott's, but I used to absolutely love it. While there have been some changes for the better, many things that have been removed or altered have been at the expense of the uniqueness of the park, and the amount of theming and charm has been chipped away year by year. I still enjoy what's left, but I miss what's gone and am, in too many cases, very much less than thrilled by what's taken its place. I'd love to be able to travel back in time and enjoy the old park in different eras. Since that's impossible, I'm always glad when someone posts some "new" old photos.

• A Suitcase & A Dream

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
    Dont forget Electroblast though!!
    Also Edison International Electric Nights, which I never got to see a complete performance of, always technical difficulties.

• Some imagination, huh?

I really liked Tampico Tumbler. It was scary not because of the motion, but because it always looked like you were about to crash into the car in front of you.

Mystery Shack was awesome. I liked the skeleton in the water closet at the end, which was a neat little detail.

I once made my friends wait for Kingdom of the Dinosaur for an hour with me. They weren't too happy with me.

I wish these old rides were still there. When I went last time, I told my friends we had to go to all three and yeah, was I surprised to see they had been removed.

• phbbbbbt

I loved the Haunted Shack!!! I got called up at the beginning as a kid, to be the short person in the first illusion, where they put a short person on one side, a tall person on the other, then have them switch places... Years later, I got picked to be the tall person!
    xo, Deanna

• CM for 4 years!

Where is there a lift from Soap Box Racers still standing??
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Ok time for cocoa

Quote Originally Posted by melmel View Post
    Where is there a lift from Soap Box Racers still standing??
    The maintenance building on the north west corner, behind Xcellator. and the little red brick triangular building across the tracks from it. You can see it from the train best.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    The maintenance building on the north west corner, behind Xcellator. and the little red brick triangular building across the tracks from it. You can see it from the train best.
    you can also see it very well while attending Haunt, the queue for Killer Clown Kollege goes along the train tracks behind Xcellerator
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    you can also see it very well while attending Haunt, the queue for Killer Clown Kollege goes along the train tracks behind Xcellerator
    I really loved that attraction, too bad they got rid of it. I also remember at the start of the ride, going to the main lift, they played Doodles Weaver (from Spike Jones and his City Slickers) doing his race car skit. Eventually, they got rid of that too.

• Former Cast Member

Thanks for sharing all of those fond memories of Knotts. I remember all of those rides, locations very well. My brother and I spent hours playing hide and seek at Jungle Island and I also remember the steam boat, all of which were located across the street from the main park. I also remember the volcano located near the shops that are no longer there. There was some sort of little devil at the base of the volcano that you could see pumping some gadget to make the volcano erupt.

The church brings back memories too, for that is where I got married in 1995. Too bad they had to move it across the street. Now one thing I cannot remember are the cable cars. that was awesome that they had those. What quaint and fun days those were, sure miss them. Again thanks for sharing.

I also loved Knotts Berry Tales, what a fun little attraction. Fortunately I bought a dvd copy of that attraction, which has the complete theme song and a pretty good view of the ride itself. Not the greatest print of it, but still fun to own. Got it through Extinct Attractions.

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    LOL, I hate that i'm one of the only ones on this site that seems to love Knott's Berry Farm history on here. Im sure people here on this site remember the classic Knotts before the 1997 merger with Cerdar Fair. Knott's was the best California theme park next to Disneyland. I still remember tons of rides I used to go on when i was kid and some that are beyond my years.

RIDES SUCH AS:

KNOTT'S BEAR-Y TALES

Wacky Soap Box Racers

Corkscrew

Sky Jump

Tampico Tumbler
    [IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5mzUsA5HEW4AYyOjzbkF/SIG=12tkp6fhh/EXP=1192231508/**http%3A//www.negative-g.com/Knotts/Knotts-2-01-Tampico-Tumbler-at-night.jpg[/IMG]

Cable Cars

Old McDonald's Farm

Church of Reflections

Gold Mine/Pan for Gold

Haunted Shack

Antique Auto Ride

Jungle Island

Cordelia Knott/Walter K. Steamboat

Covered Wagons

Active Volcano

Little Chapel

Windjammer
    [IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5mfutw5HvQgBvCejzbkF/SIG=1217viafp/EXP=1192233326/**http%3A//www.coastergallery.com/GA/jammer02.jpg[/IMG]

Kingdom of the Dinosaurs
    [IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5mxDuA5HM38AnBujzbkF/SIG=128f3cevg/EXP=1192233411/**http%3A//ptreport.thrillnetwork.net/images/kbf/kod.jpg[/IMG]

Hammerhead
    [IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5wuVuA5H_lcAxzyjzbkF/SIG=11hji1pri/EXP=1192233493/**http%3A//kweb.us/images/ham.jpg[/IMG]

Mott's Miniatures

Other attractions include:
    Gran Slammer
    Tijuana Taxi
    Fiesta Wheel
    Mexican Whip
    XK-1
    Propellor Spin
    Greased Lightning/Whirlwind/Head-Ache
    Gasoline Alley
    Loop trainer
    Vertigo
    Studio K
    Pacific Pavillion
    Jungle Island Train Ride
    Bear-y Tales Funhouse

DL_Craze - you're not alone. Like someone from one of the other posts said that if you grew up in So. CA you probably have some fond memories of Knott's. We usually made one trip to Disneyland and one to Knott's every year. So, athough I never found Knott's quite as intriguing as Disneyland I have a lot of good memories of it. I love the whole Ghost Town area and the area around the Chicken Dinner resturant--especially during the holidays. If they ever get rid of those areas the soul of that park will be lost.
    Greetings from Disneyland California!

By the way are there any web sites out there devoted specifically to Knott's Berry Farm other then the official web site?
    Greetings from Disneyland California!

How stuff did Cedar Fair take out of Knott's Berry Farm? Also why did the Knott's family sell the park?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Ahh...

Knott's Berry Tales. I remember the piped in berry smell. And people think the smells on Soarin' Over California is innovative!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Ahh...

Knott's Berry Tales. I remember the piped in berry smell. And people think the smells on Soarin' Over California is innovative!
    Me too!!! Whenever I smell something Boysenberry I still think of that ride We have Beary Tales books still from when I was a kid. I remember I cried when they closed that ride

When I was a kid we did one trip every summer, the majority of the trip we spent at DL, but we always went to Knott's too. Beary Tales, The Mine Train, Mrs Knotts, the Haunted Shack, getting "robbed" on the train and buying stick candy were "must dos" every trip.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

I know it's not much but I wanted to contribute.

Here's an older park map, and two different brochures from the park's past.

They are not super old but it's all I got!

Mike
    Amusement and Themed Industry News And Notes:
    NewsPlusNotes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast