Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Fastest Man Alive

Re: Six Flags MM announces new attraction lineup for '08 season

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    well i hope X gets smoother. and i guess it's one of the most popular rides, but a 3 hour line doesn't necessarily make it popular when you can only load 4 trains in one hour.
    PRECISELY! I could care less about adding lights and tunnel. Do something to increase the capacity of this thing! The line doesn't move! And everytime I ride it, it seems you just sit there forever waiting for the dispatch. Six Flags has alot to learn from Disney when it comes to designing high capacity roller coasters.
    Increase the capacity on X, decrease the line for the thing, and you've got me back as a customer Six Flags.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• Iron-Clad Allie

The additions of X2 and Thomas Town demonstrat that the MM President (Mr. Thomas) has a sense of direction as to the park's future. Appealing to thrill seekers and families alike is a smart move.

It's beyond me how they intend to take the adrinalin maniacs to a new demention beyonf plunging to the ground face first in rotating seats. Should be fascinating to see. A Thomas the Tank Engine land is sure to be a humongous avenue of fun for kids, parents and those who grew up watching the television show.

The train ride will likely be short. Nevertheless, it will be something that everybody can ride and enjoy together. I've trashed the Six Flags park for what seems like an eternity. But ..hey! They deserve an applause on this one.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Circle of Ancients

^ Well, let's see the additions and ride the "New and Improved" (Hopefully not as painful) X2 before we start the party.

I guess having seen some of the other Six Flags parks (Fiesta Texas, Great Adventure, Georgia and Texas) and seeing what they can do in order to create a blend of family and thrill ... and knowing what Magic Mountain 'was' I'm not as quick to jump in the "Magic Mountain is back" bandwagon.

That sucks about the Swiss Twist on the LA Times article. I just rode it. Granted, it's not as clean and pretty as it was in the 70's with Olympic logos on each car, but it was still fun, and thankfully one of the few spinning style rides that a 36 year old like myself can still do without getting nauseous!

I didn't think the Thomas Town was slated for there, though, since that's actually across the street from the Granny Gran Prix (former Little Sailor ride)...unless they're planning on rerouting that path altogether.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!

Thomas town at Discovery Kingdom/Marine World has a VERY small foot print. The whole area is about the size of SFMM's go cart track (plus the there is the shark building in the middle of the train loop...not much room needed. Not terribly exciting either (hopefully MM does better).

• Circle of Ancients

^ Well, the foorprint of granny Grand Prix isn't that big either. But at least there is no shark building there.

But there is a VERY loud coaster not too far away. (Superman)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123