Circus Circus Adventuredome

I am planning a trip and was wondering if the Adventuredome was worth it, it looks like Rim Runner and Canyon Blaster are pretty fun.

so, is it worth it.

• off in lala land

Re: Circus Circus Adventuredome

I found it be disappointing. It was deserted, with the exception of teenage kids running around. Imagine an indoor carnival and you have Adventuredome. Save your money and put it in the $5.00 slots at New York New York, then ride their rollercoaster.
    ...it's been a long time.

• C4C6C

I agree. Save your money. Just got back from Vegas and Adventuredome is overrun with teenagers.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

• ...or just Tonny

Uh, walk a few hundred feet further, then take the elevator up *the* tower
    Ad luna in flamma gloria

• Functional & Decorative

Well... I disagree a bit, but with a catch: it depends what you are expecting of the park. If you are expecting a full day amusment park experience a 'la KFB or SFMM (okay, it's definately no Disneyland), you will be very disappointed. If you go in expecting more of a DCA experience (a few highlights, but long streches of nothing), then you'll be just fine. Maybe even better, because they charge a reasonable admission, comparatively.

In fact, I do like Canyon Blaster quite a bit. It's got some good speed & airtime. It's a little bit bumpy (as of October of last year), but quite ridable regardless. I have not yet done Rim Runner, as I'm not a huge fan of big-spash water rides. However they do have a growing selection of spin 'n barfs, including: Chaos, Inteverter, and a decent drop ride called Sling Shot. There is also a "hidden gem" of a minature golf course called Pike's Pass. It's an upcharge, but is a full 18 hole course. From the outsite you can see only six holes, but it goes way back into the center of the park.

If you do go, try to avoid paying full price... if you check out the Adventurdome website (via Circus Circus), there is a coupon page, and frequently they offer discounts through local fast-food chains (for July 1-31, it's via Dairy Queen, but in the past they used Burger King... it does change, so check beforehand). You should be able to do this park in about 1/2 a day.

Unless you really want bad carny food, try to not to eat there, though.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Circle of Ancients

I can't believe somebody actually suggested Man'hurtin' Express at NY/NY. That is without a doubt THE WORST roller coaster ever. And at $15 a ride, certainly not worth it.

As for the Adventuredome I like the place. Canyon Blaster is a fun coaster. Rim Runner is also fun. They have alot of flat rides (Chaos, Inverter, Bumper Cars, Pirate Swing, etc). They also have a new Double Shot tower, which I haven't ridden yet. They also have an awesome DDR section with ALOT of different Konami games. Even some Japanese ones you won't find here.

I say go, have fun. It's a good place to beat the heat and kill a few hours. It's never really that busy in there.

Click below to see an update from when we went to Vegas last year with Robb and Elissa. There are pics of Adventuredome and a video of Manhattan Express. Robb tried to bleep the language out as much as possible.

Also keep in mind that my wife and I have lost ALOT of weight since then. Her 70 and me 35.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/vegas04/vegas1.htm

• insufferable know-it-all

Adventuredome is all right. It's like DCA with less walking and more a/c, and is priced appropriately for the kind of park it is.

If you get a chance to swing by a visitor's center or ride a cab, keep an eye out for discount flyers.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• done

Quote Originally Posted by nsxdrift_89
    I am planning a trip and was wondering if the Adventuredome was worth it, it looks like Rim Runner and Canyon Blaster are pretty fun.

so, is it worth it.
    If you've never been to an amusement park in your life, then I think it's worth it. Otherwise, I think it's a complete waste of time.

Here's what I wrote from our trip in March of 2003:

We then headed to Circus Circus to have a look at their Adventuredome Theme Park. There is no longer an admission fee, but instead, people pay a certain price per ride, though they do offer all-day ride wristbands for sale. The whole area is covered and air conditioned, so that was nice. The boys ended up going on the rollercoaster, Canyon Blaster, which has two loops and a corkscrew and costs $5 per ride. None of them seemed to like it very much, commenting that it was a very rough ride. Two of them had ridden the coaster at the Sahara last year and had liked that very much. We also stood around and watched the water ride for a little while. It seemed like fun, with several platform drops rather than one big drop. I wasn't particularly impressed with the Adventuredome as a whole, though, and there wasn't anything there that I was interested in doing and can't imagine paying an admission fee for, but then, growing up and being accustomed to the theme parks in the Southern California area, I suppose my reaction isn't surprising.
    I can think of a lot more things in Vegas to do that would be more fun.

From a coaster fan's point of view, I think the best coaster in Las Vegas is Speed at the Sahara. It's short, but very fast with two separate electromagnetic launches during the ride. It's far better in my opinion than New York New York's or the Adventuredome's coasters. Go there if you get a chance. Also, any thrill seeker has to test their guts on the rides up on top of the 115 story Stratosphere.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The Coasters in Las Vegas and Southern Nevada... my humble ratings...

1. Desperado at Buffalo Bill, Primm Nevada - By far Number 1!!!!!

2. Speed, at the Sahara

3. Canyon Blaster at the Adventuredome

4. Manhattan Express at New York, New York

5. High Roller at the Stratosphere Tower... LAMEST coaster EVER, but still the tallest, so do it once, then do the REAL rides
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Circle of Ancients

Mine is VERY close to Darkbeer's

1. Speed
    2. Desperado
    3. Canyon Blaster
    4. High Roller
    1000. Manhattan Express

There are also some kiddie coasters off the strip somewhere.

• Functional & Decorative

Gotta diagree about Desperado... in its day, it was a great ride. It had a great layout, lots of speed, and lots of airtime.

Okay, so today it still has all those things... in addition to square wheels. They have not maintained that coaster very well, and it is really rough. Like rivaling Manhattan Express rough. It's sad, because this used to be my favorite too, but unless they do a large maintence overhaul, I don't go on it anymore... too painful...

Speed is probably the best, despite its extremely short length. And don't forget the Star Trek experience at the Hilton. Maybe not really a thrill ride, but quite an attraction if you've never done it before! And you can frequently get half price tickets to it at those discount ticket outlets, right behind the big Coke Bottle sign at the southern end of the strip (near Gameworks).
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?