Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Five F's of Knotts Berry Farm

Last Saturday on Dec 1 we made plans to meet Friends at Knott's after finding out about the Toy's For Tots free entrance if you bring in an unwrapped toy worth $10 or more. We had not been to the park for about 8 years right after Ghost Rider opened and it was time as a Family that we did the park again. We arrived at the park at 9:30 where a line was already waiting for us.

You get to go into the tree

Where it is decorated inside

Somehow Hubby forgot to take any pictures of the Marines that were accepting the toys but they were a cute lot and I wish I could have brought one or two home with me.

Our first ride was Ghostrider, afterwards I really wish we had met up with our friends earlier so I would have been told my hair was in desparate need of a scrunchy.

Perilous Plunge was not at the park last time we visited and after one look at it Marc and I both knew we had to go on it even though it was 10:30 in the morning and cold.

I am the one waving like I just don't care.

Close up of son and I having a blast and fortunately not getting soaked!

We then headed towards the log ride. I really liked how it was decorated and I like that it is flume style and moves along at a brisk pace.

As it was a little after 11:00 now Marc was hungry so we stopped by one of our favorite food places. Knott's is the first place we ever tried Funnel cake some 14 years ago and they still have the best IMO. I was just hoping that I would be able to resist eating too much.

Looks yummy doesn't it?

We knew we were meeting up with our friends at noon so we headed to our pre-determined meeting spot where we came across our companions for the day, Darkbeer, Deogee's Mom, and Mickey Mark. After deciding as a group that we wanted to see shows and ride some rides we set off to have some Fun. First up was a visit to Sad Eye Joe. Hubby was scarred by this as a child and it sure gave me the 'willies' even though I knew how it worked. We had just enough time to make it to the Bird Cage Theatre for "A Christmas Carol", they are also showing "The Gift of the Magi" every other show. This was a great performance although A Christmas Carol always makes me a little sad.

Our performers for the show.

After the show we headed off towards the Charles M. Schulz theater but 2 people in our party were just crazy enough to ride Riptide, Marc and Darkbeer.

The two at the left end are Darkbeer and Marc.

We rode the log ride again this time with some pictures of the log ride but different riders. Hubby55, Deogee's Mom and Darkbeer. I rode with Marc and Mark.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Five F's of Knotts Berry Farm

Nothing to see here, move along nicely.
    Last edited by pratt55; 12-05-2007 at 06:44 PM.

• Banned User

Re: Five F's of Knotts Berry Farm

what a great trip report!! I thought the five F's was going to be bad thank you I hope there is more!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    what a great trip report!! I thought the five F's was going to be bad thank you I hope there is more!!
    Hakuna I think you have been spending too much time in the litter box, me be bad, no, not ever, I am sweet as the funnel cake . There is more to come but my computer and photobucket are not playing nice right now.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

its nice to see they decorate the log ride for xmas
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

We then headed over to the Mystery Lodge and saw that show. We had seen it about 10 years ago right after it opened and at the time I just did not really get it. Now that I have grown up and matured a bit I really enjoyed it as did Hubby and Marc.

So all day I had been Xcelerator and I knew I wanted to ride but we were not sure if it would open for riders because something about water and the track causing issues.

Watching it in the distance just made my heart get all warm and fuzzy

Just reaching the top

Cresting the top

Fortunately for me later in the afternoon they did open it up and Darkbeer, Deogee's mom and I went for a ride. I loved it and cannot wait to do it again. I am not so sure if Deogee's mom will be riding it again any time soon, she did not seem to enjoy it as much as us.

This is the second year that Knott's has had a Christmas parade and I enjoyed it. It made me feel 'comfy' which is the way the whole park was for us, very nostalgic.

We were watching from where they did the U-turn.

It was now time to start heading towards the tree lighting ceremony. Deogee's mom saved some spots for us, Darkbeer went photo hunting, Marc went shopping, Hubby, Mickey Mark and I went to the Calico Saloon Holiday Show. Again another show that was very entertaining and should not be missed. I loved Cameo's hair.

Knott's Christmas tree lighting is not just a quick turn on the lights event, it was about a 20 to 30 minute show that once again we thoroughly enjoyed. I loved seeing all the characters. The only thing that I would change was the Master of Ceremony had some seriously blue eye shadow on that really needed to be toned down.

What a cast of characters.

After the lighting we went over and rode the Silver Bullet. What a great coaster. By now we were all starving and the final thing that I really wanted from Knott's was the Fried chicken dinner so we went to dinner at Mrs. Knott's. Unfortunately we were all starving by now so no pictures were taken of the dinner but it was excellent.

So we were there on the First, with Family, Friends, Funnel cake, Fried Chicken and had a ton of fun. By the time we got back to the hotel Marc was pooped. The end.

• Ok time for cocoa

Great report.
    From the pictures of Linus I would guess that he did his speech on what Christmas means.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

• Banned User

This was an awsome report, Knotts is a fun place and I want to go back this next fall. Great pics !! thanks this trip report made my day! oh and great hairdoo

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    Great report.
    From the pictures of Linus I would guess that he did his speech on what Christmas means.
    Yes he did and it was very well done, he also does an excellent job during the ice show.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    This was an awsome report, Knotts is a fun place and I want to go back this next fall. Great pics !! thanks this trip report made my day! oh and great hairdoo
    You are so grounded...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    Yes he did and it was very well done, he also does an excellent job during the ice show.

You are so grounded...
    ok..... off to the littler box I go again..... darn it !!

hey I really did think your hair was cute.. and so was the report.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Thanks for posting the pix! Sad to see the picture of your son didn't get to go to Knotts. I enjoy KNotts in small doses. I was an AP once there too but I didn't go quite as often. Glad you had a good time. You are stud for going on Perilous Plunge!

• Drunken Disneyland Master

Great report, and great flicks too.

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

Yay!!! Excellent TR! Mumster and I are going this weekend for our annual visit. I do wish the craft fair was as cool as it used to be, but I'll get over it with 10 lbs of fried chicken and some boysenberry punch.
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

One more picture to add to the mix 1 out of 2 Lisa's think Xcelerator is great.

• love my friends

Loved your TR and pictures.. I miss knotts so much.. went all the time when we lived in fullerton last year

and by the way Your hair looks great

Friends for life

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast