Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Winter in Oceanside...

Re: Universal Studios Simpson Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    It is as well, just a few months later. It is replacing Back to the Future.
    Yay!

• Minion

I'm realy excited about this. I am hoping it will be more than BTTF with a new video.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Guys and Girls, Get ready for Disney bashing galore in this ride...
    Yeah, but nobody bashes Disney better than the Simpsons.

If you can't laugh at yourself then something is wrong. Personally, the Disney bashing in movies/shows like the Simpsons and Shrek make me laugh. Why? Because it's all true.

• Minion

Does anyone know...is the technology here more of a traditional simulator ride, or something more akin to Spiderman?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Guys and Girls, Get ready for Disney bashing galore in this ride...
    Theres (perhaps unintentional) disney bashing in the concept art...depecting the current kinds of rides disney builds (i.e. corny, cheap, etc.)

I wonder if this ride is gonna be the same as the concept for the simpsons ride that was proposed for Islands of Adventure. Jim Hill discussed the plans for that ride which sounded pretty funny.

Whatever it is..I know it is going to be great

I bet you its just going to be the same ride concept like BTTF just with Simpsons characters... Imax Simulator

• keh!

i'm wondering why there hasn't been any concept art released for this ride. i'm a little skeptical on how good the ride will be, no concept art released, and doing a new themed ride in a year? that's it? just a year? i didn't think that would be enough time to gut the interior, replace it w/ a simpsons theme, redo the exterior to incorporate the simpsons, and put the film together. unless of course the just slap 2D art work on the walls and call it a day.

i won't be surprised if this ride is a failure, but i will be surprised if it's worth a visit (unlike the mummy).

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Yup, they don't do any work on a new ride before they announce it to the interwebs so all the really bright bulbs can second guess them...
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

• The Mystery Mouseketool

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    i'm a little skeptical on how good the ride will be, no concept art released, and doing a new themed ride in a year? that's it? just a year? i didn't think that would be enough time to gut the interior, replace it w/ a simpsons theme, redo the exterior to incorporate the simpsons, and put the film together. unless of course the just slap 2D art work on the walls and call it a day.
    I'm betting they don't gut the interior completely (just take out the obvious high-tech stuff), but go the "slap 2D art work on the walls" route. Sometimes Universal does things right (Jurassic Park, Spider-man), but if they can do something on the cheap, I think that's the way they'll go, especially here in California. PROVE ME WRONG, USH!!
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." - BB

• Freakster

I don't think Fox would let their first Simpsons ride be done on the cheap. It's too important a show for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ekester View Post
    I don't think Fox would let their first Simpsons ride be done on the cheap. It's too important a show for them.
    Fox is a very cheap network. Notice how quickly they pull new shows when they don't get an immediate reaction. Fox most likely got a lump sum for allowing Universal to use their show for theme park purposes. They don't really care how much work is put into it, they have their money.

The only reason rides such as Indiana Jones and Jurassic Park are highly themed is because Lucas and Spielberg helped finance these attractions. I doubt Fox is going to be throwing money at a simulator ride.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest View Post
    I'm betting they don't gut the interior completely (just take out the obvious high-tech stuff), but go the "slap 2D art work on the walls" route. Sometimes Universal does things right (Jurassic Park, Spider-man), but if they can do something on the cheap, I think that's the way they'll go, especially here in California. PROVE ME WRONG, USH!!
    USH's Revenge of the Mummy is laughable, cheap, and cheesey, compared to USF's version.

• Minion

Universal are not predictable. The did a fine job with Men in Black...queue and all. So who knows. But Simpsons, being a somewhat crudely drawn cartoon to begin with, might not inspire the greatest creativity with Universal's designers. Personally my expectation is that this will be a pretty much run-of-the-mill simulator ride, since there has been so little publicity behind its opening. The Harry Potter kuka arm ride is the one to look forward to...Universal have a terrific record with state-of-the-art technologies...and Rowling's involvement should guarantee top-notch theming.

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

I am pretty sure its going to incorporate much of the same technology that was used in the BTTF ride. I mean to house Simpsons in that huge space only means that its going to be some kind of simulator ride...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast