Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: "Rumble Project" Coaster Coming to USF

Screamscape seems to think it will fly over the Blue Man Group's main walkway. Obviously, this isn't happening. They have the rest of it wedged between the park and the soundstages. This would create dozens of logistical nightmares with parade operations, HHN guest flow, etc. I wouldn't trust that site myself.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    Screamscape seems to think it will fly over the Blue Man Group's main walkway. Obviously, this isn't happening. They have the rest of it wedged between the park and the soundstages. This would create dozens of logistical nightmares with parade operations, HHN guest flow, etc. I wouldn't trust that site myself.
    If this is the case, management would likely turn Blue in the face too.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Crazy Furry

Hmmm...I'n my opinion I really don't think USF needs a attraction like this, coasters are more for IOA.

If they do go on with it, it will be a bit of a bummer if Jimmy has to go for it. Not to mention it will be a bigger bummer if they also have to take down Twister for it as well. Yes I am in the minority that really likes it, to me it's one of the better and more intense special effects shows I encountered...and not to mention the finale never fails to surprise me.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by AE_Fan View Post
    Hmmm...I'n my opinion I really don't think USF needs a attraction like this, coasters are more for IOA.

If they do go on with it, it will be a bit of a bummer if Jimmy has to go for it. Not to mention it will be a bigger bummer if they also have to take down Twister for it as well. Yes I am in the minority that really likes it, to me it's one of the better and more intense special effects shows I encountered...and not to mention the finale never fails to surprise me.
    I haven't seen jimmy yet. Imagine that the ride would be good fun. I like Jimmy's mom too. LOL

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Talking Re: "Rumble Project" Coaster Coming to USF

So thanks to IOACentral.com I found this really awesome post on ThemeParkInsider.com about Project Rumble

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/news...se.cfm?ID=2760 is the full link

Hi all.
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, but this came up when I googled something about universal. I am a technician currently working at Universal Orlando.

After reading through this thread, I felt I have to respond. Now I am not defending UO just because I work there, but I feel there are some facts about the parks that should be presented.

1st, there is a big difference between Disney and Universal. Disney world is and always has been owned by Disney. Not true of Universal. NBC/Universal is the company that runs the theme parks, but NBC/Universal has had 11 different owners since the park opened. It is currently owned by General Electric (and all of our lights finally work, lol). The Universal Theme parks were never designed to make money. In fact they were designed to lose money. The reason being is that the real money maker in NBC/Universal is Movies and Television. The parks are designed to be a tax write-off. Because the parks lose money, this helps the tax situation throughout ALL of GE Corporation. Until GE took us over, the other companies ran us like we were a tax write off. They spent the park's budget on advertising and marketing instead of upkeep and improvements.

Since GE took us over, things have drastically changed. The higer-ups at GE are financial masterminds and really have a good grasp on "the big picture". The first thing they did was unify safety standards throughout the park (we didn't used to even meet OSHA standards...the other companies that owned us probably bribed them to leave us alone.) The next thing they did was cleaned the place up. They hired 500 extra "Park Services" personel (janitors/cleaners). They now spend all night long combing the park, spraying every square inch of the grounds with pressure washers.

And the final phase of the plan was maintenence and improvements. Our "Operational Readiness" Standards have risen by 72% over what it previously was. It's rare that a ride or attraction is closed, now (Unless it's a planned week-long rehab of the ride, which happens only once a year and only on the most problematic rides such as Ripsaw Falls). The "Monkey McBean" attraction that you mentioned is now fully operational (though the name was changed to "Sky High Trolley). They have begun updating some of our out-of-date attractions. "Back to the Future" is becoming "The Simpsons". "Earthquake" is becomming "Disaster". Most of Lost Continent and some undeveloped land is becomming "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter". They even added more shows. such as "Blue Man Group". More Restaurants in City Walk such as "Bubba Gump's Shrimp".

There is another massive roller coaster planned that is secret. Even we don't have details yet, but we have been told it's coming in 2009. It will likely have some big name or licence which would explain the secrecy.
    In Closing, The Universal Orlando Parks have become a place worth visiting again. You will find them clean, well-maintained, and fresh.
    I personally would take this guy on his word!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by OFTEric View Post
    So thanks to IOACentral.com I found this really awesome post on ThemeParkInsider.com about Project Rumble

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/news...se.cfm?ID=2760 is the full link

I personally would take this guy on his word!
    Thanks for searching this info. out and posting it. Further proof in the pudding that this rumor is acurate.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Lance is a great guy, there are some jerks that like to feed him bad info (from time to time), that he posts, and then people jump all over him- it's a rumor site folks, one of the best.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12